Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2011, 06:18 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,837,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Rahm's not, I agree.

But the OP's post is a prime example of right wing hate for a working man sticking up for his family's well being.
right wing hate for the working person? not hardly. in fact if you look at the REAL union record, the senior members of the union workforce will vote for higher wages and better benefits EVEN IF IT MEANS that those with less seniority will lose their jobs.

the union leadership is rife with corruption, especially since they are in bed with organized crime.

Quote:
They demonize unions and point to the most extreme, rare examples of union intransigence as if corporations aren't doing this on much more huge scale.
rare examples? not hardly my friend. too many union people are asked to do something, and they can refuse with the answer "that is not my job". the unions all to often protect those that are lazy and inefficient to the detriment of the company the people work for. union rules are a big part of why manufacturing jobs are going overseas.

Quote:
The highest standard of living countries in the World have the highest rates of union participation in the work force. That's just a fact.
no true. the US has one of the highest standard of living in the world, and a fairly LOW union participation. why? because we do it by encouraging people to go out and make themselves successful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2011, 06:24 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,976,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
And may soon have the highest rate of unemployment because of that.
The EU has a whole has virtually the same unemployment rate as the USA (may 2011) 9.2 compared to 9.3

But the most unionized countries in Europe have lower unemployment than the USA.

http://www.google.com/publicdata?ds=...NO&hl=en&dl=en

So fail again.

Old 07-10-2011, 06:29 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,976,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
We have higher standards of living and is NOT because we have higher union participation... to infer otherwise would be a LIE...
I'm not inferring that...I'm saying unionization is not bad for a country...That's a totally different claim.

And the USA is an exception only because of our huge per capita natural resources....

So you might want to question this right wing propaganda your being fed for the sake of your grandkids...LOL

You might skate by without using brain power...but they sure won't.

Old 07-10-2011, 06:37 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times
Quote:
I'm not inferring that...I'm saying unionization is not bad for a country...That's a totally different claim.

And the USA is an exception only because of our huge per capita natural resources....

So you might want to question this right wing propaganda your being fed for the sake of your grandkids...LOL

You might skate by without using brain power...but they sure won't.
Well Chicago is having second thoughts on how great unions are and will try to bring them back to reality that includes a recession and no money.
Denial that this is anything but "right wing propaganda" will get you nowhere.

Old 07-10-2011, 06:43 PM

6,369 posts, read 6,408,266 times
Quote:
Rahm's not, I agree.

But the OP's post is a prime example of right wing hate for a working man sticking up for his family's well being.

They demonize unions and point to the most extreme, rare examples of union intransigence as if corporations aren't doing this on much more huge scale.

The highest standard of living countries in the World have the highest rates of union participation in the work force. That's just a fact.
Right wing hate for the working man?? What about all the working men, citizens of Chicago, that foot the bill for all this horsepucky?

The enemy of the working man is the public unions of the Windy City. Their bloated wages and payrolls and rdiculous cushy work rules come out of the pockets of the working people of Chicago.

But of course you might not be aware of the link between government money and the pockets of the working people.

Old 07-10-2011, 09:53 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,289,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sterpetron View Post
Even super-liberal Chicago is now saying "ENOUGH!" to public union employees
Chicago is not super liberal, I should know, I live there

Old 07-10-2011, 09:57 PM

4,410 posts, read 6,138,039 times
There is a deliberate effort to divert our rage at our fiscal mess to our sisters and brothers. It's a classic example of divide and conquer. Make everybody believe the enemy is within, define that enemy, and watch as everyone fights amongst themselves, all the while letting the real criminals responsible for the economic disaster to eat the last bit of meat off the bone.

Old 07-10-2011, 09:59 PM

7,787 posts, read 8,028,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Chicago is not super liberal, I should know, I live there
and no one hunts elk in CO,I should know I live there. well maybe just me, know what I mean

Old 07-10-2011, 10:06 PM

2,974 posts, read 1,984,012 times
Quote:
Rahm's not, I agree.

...you forgot the word "public' in your post....'public unions', my friend...but i bet you already new that....

Old 07-11-2011, 12:28 AM

4,027 posts, read 7,289,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sterpetron View Post
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/10/us...08EC0E9&ref=us

Rahm Emanuel and Unions Square Off Over Work Rules

"Over the past five years, the office of City Hall’s inspector general fielded about 200 complaints alleging that city truck drivers were loafing or sleeping at job sites. But the drivers were most likely not shirking any duties, said Inspector General Joseph Ferguson. And that, he said, is the real problem.

Because of agreements between the city’s leaders and employee unions, many drivers often are required only to chauffeur other employees and equipment to work sites across Chicago. Upon arrival, the drivers then just wait while other workers complete such tasks as installing street lights or trimming trees.

[MOD CUT]

dmihalopoulos@chicago
newscoop.org

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

The sooner these cities eliminate public employee unions, the sooner this country can get back on track.
Oh, look, another person who doesn't know square one about Chicago and yet is raging on and on.

First, Chicago is not super Liberal. In fact, it's not Liberal, it's just very Democratic.

Chicago still is good with unions, so for someone to suggest otherwise goes to show what they know. This article is also being reported from New York. Come on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies