Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2011, 08:28 PM

4,921 posts, read 7,657,883 times

Advertisements

Philadelphia recently lowered the quantity allow on any person to less than 30 grams. The first year Philadelphia realized a 2 million dollar reduction in their law enforcement budget. Imagine if every city in the US did that how much money would be saved. 25% of our prison system is for drug related crimes. It only makes sense to legalize, regulate and tax drugs. It makes you wonder why our government is so determined to stay in a 40 war costing at least a trillion dollars and can never be won.

I am sure that if a pharmaceutical finds a way to patent marijuana it will be falling off the drug store shelves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2011, 08:36 PM

Location: Currently I physically reside on the 3rd planet from the sun
2,220 posts, read 1,870,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donsabi View Post
Philadelphia recently lowered the quantity allow on any person to less than 30 grams. The first year Philadelphia realized a 2 million dollar reduction in their law enforcement budget. Imagine if every city in the US did that how much money would be saved. 25% of our prison system is for drug related crimes. It only makes sense to legalize, regulate and tax drugs. It makes you wonder why our government is so determined to stay in a 40 war costing at least a trillion dollars and can never be won.

I am sure that if a pharmaceutical finds a way to patent marijuana it will be falling off the drug store shelves.

Yea, but big daddy in DC can't have his little states running around making rules for themselves, now can he?

Old 07-11-2011, 08:40 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,313,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
PSP: Feds say marijuana has no medical purpose - Medical marijuana ruling (http://specials.msn.com/A-List/Lifestyle/Medical-marijuana-ruling.aspx?cp-documentid=29429076 - broken link)

Dear Feds: Why don't you leave medicine to the physicians?

That goes for Obamacare too.

Old 07-11-2011, 08:41 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,294,022 times
And to think I used to smoke all that weed just to get high I never realized it was soo good for me

Old 07-11-2011, 08:48 PM

76,871 posts, read 47,198,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchman View Post
People should use vaporizers or take it orally, no lung disease that way.Other than that I don't think it poses any health risks.Sounds like you watched Reefer Madness one too many times !!
I don't think reefer madness talked about the side effects, but if you have used it you probably know it makes your heart race and that it raises your blood pressure. The mental issues do not bother every user, but it can certainy trigger serious mental disorders in some people.

Old 07-11-2011, 08:59 PM

Location: Currently I physically reside on the 3rd planet from the sun
2,220 posts, read 1,870,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I don't think reefer madness talked about the side effects, but if you have used it you probably know it makes your heart race and that it raises your blood pressure. The mental issues do not bother every user, but it can certainy trigger serious mental disorders in some people.
Still sounds much safer than most of the stuff coming from the BigPharm.

You can list the potential side effects in seconds and a single paragraph

Old 07-11-2011, 09:01 PM

Location: Looks like I'm getting out "Valley On The Sun" Arizona
190 posts, read 414,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
They have to say that...drugs are big money to the government.
Can't have pot becoming legal now can we ?
That and the textile industry is a mighty strong force.

Old 07-11-2011, 09:42 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,688,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
What ??????

Are you speaking from experience?????
You could say that. I'm a pharmacist.

Old 07-11-2011, 10:06 PM

2,794 posts, read 4,140,355 times
Thanks for posting,great videos! Sounding more & more like the Big Pharma is all behind this,& textile, oil, etc....

Old 07-11-2011, 10:16 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,137,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I repped your words and must insert some new ones. The other evening I watched an interesting show on National Geographic TV channel and found someone agreeing with me. They said some words about THC which I used to see all the time but never do here. They had two female MDs on there that said their studies showed that people that use MJ before they are 17 take a real chance of a lowering of leaning capacity. They also discussed all the good stuff about side effects and the fact that some get much higher than others. Now for the THC and the fact that some MJ has much higher concentrations of it than others. I wonder how many people here arguing for it even know about that part of the problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies