Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2011, 08:59 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,358,815 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
That's just silly!

Those things don't conceal your identity.

No...but you could hide a shotgun or other weapons.

And also, people shouldn't have full beards, large hats, scarves, sunglasses, high collars, long hair...that could conceal your identity pretty well...

My neighbor's security camera didn't pick up this one guy because he put his hand over his face. I guess that could be illegal, too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2011, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alltheusernamesaretaken View Post
"Their religion" also states to kill all infidels.
You're okay with that too, I suppose?

If you can't understand that this is a matter of total identity being concealed while in a public place, then I can't help you.

It's funny to the rest of the world when christians accuse other people of perpetuating violence and hate. Just FYI.

Old 07-12-2011, 09:06 AM

6,484 posts, read 6,616,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
How will the "Blame America First" crowd creatively find a way to make this America, and specifically conservative's fault? Over/under on how many posts it will take until a Neo Prog mentions radical Christianity?

New Australian law to make Muslims lift veils - Yahoo! News
Good for them. They are a sovereign nation, and they are entitled to require people to show their faces if they want. I hope America has the guts to do the same when it comes time.

Old 07-12-2011, 09:09 AM

589 posts, read 756,759 times
Good for them. It is a safety issue. And keep in mind, many of the Muslim countries where wearing a FULL face veil is required for females, also have laws stating that a woman MUST be with a male at all times, so that Male would not be covered and he would be responsible for anything that happens.

So Muslim law in those countries works hand in hand with a female wearing a full face veil. Non muslim countries dont work that way, and a woman can drive a car by herself if she wants...But with that "privledge" of driving a car, comes respect for the legal system - ie - Dont cover your face, the Police cannot do their job otherwise. If you insist on being a "ninja" and wearing a full face veil then have your "man" drive you around and you can also pretend that you are still in a muslim country/stoneage if you want.

Old 07-12-2011, 09:17 AM

5,365 posts, read 6,336,999 times
They should just ban Muslims from being able to immigrate to the country. Then this would be a non-issue.

Old 07-12-2011, 09:33 AM

13,419 posts, read 9,950,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
If its their religion, then its none of our business.

If a religion requires women to cover their hands and legs, its harder to recognize them.

Dictating dress, in spite of what you think of it, is not constitutional in the United States.

Australia isn't my country, so its really none of my business. But in my opinion, it isn't free to dictate dress.
They aren't dictating dress. They are requiring you to lift your veil if a police officer requests it for identification purposes.

They are also requiring people to take off their motorcycle helmets and take off any other head gear that covers their face. So if you got arrested while wearing a ski mask you would have to take that off too.

You can wear whatever you like, you just have to make your face viewable to the police, should they ask.

How do you identify that a person is the person on their driver's license or passport if you can't see their face?

By the same token, you can't get identifying photos taken with your sunglasses on. This really isn't any different.

It's not illegal to wear a Burqua. That would be an entirely different issue.

Old 07-12-2011, 10:20 AM

18,469 posts, read 31,635,068 times
Good for France and Belgum, finally somebody is waking up!! They have the right idea. In this day and age with terrorism, nobody's face should be covered. You don't like it, go back to your own Country then. This basically falls under the catagory of what Judge Judy would say is "tough"....

and I agree, I would think waring a burqua while driving would not be the best idea for safety.

Old 07-12-2011, 10:25 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,345,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
How will the "Blame America First" crowd creatively find a way to make this America, and specifically conservative's fault? Over/under on how many posts it will take until a Neo Prog mentions radical Christianity?

New Australian law to make Muslims lift veils - Yahoo! News

When will the day come when immigrants (to any nation) finally understand that they must adapt to their new nation and stop expecting and demanding that their new nation adapt to them?

Old 07-12-2011, 10:30 AM

13,419 posts, read 9,950,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
Good for France and Belgum, finally somebody is waking up!! They have the right idea. In this day and age with terrorism, nobody's face should be covered. You don't like it, go back to your own Country then. This basically falls under the catagory of what Judge Judy would say is "tough"....

and I agree, I would think waring a burqua while driving would not be the best idea for safety.
They are not banning wearing burquas while driving (in Australia), in fact they are NOT BANNING BURQUAS AT ALL.

They are requiring that people wearing burquas lift the veil to reveal their face, should they be pulled over or arrested. They are free to wear their veils or whatever else at anytime.

You are not free in the US to wear your ski mask or motorcycle helmet into the bank. That does not meant there's a vendetta against skiers or motorcycle riders.

Old 07-12-2011, 10:32 AM

This explains so much about the last time I was at the bank and my face was cold...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies