Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2011, 03:17 PM

37,971 posts, read 22,147,086 times

Advertisements

0bama and his administration, and especially his EPA, are destroying jobs and running up the costs of day to day living in America. 0bama places more importance on pushing forward with his ideological agenda, then he does on the economy, jobs and the people.

Our economy is in a depression. When 0bama was sworn in as our president, he said it was "The worst economy since the Great Depression", and since he was sworn in, our economy has only gotten worse, so we can only be in a depression era economy, and it may even get worse.

Our country needs cheap, reliable and dependable sources of energy, in order to thrive, and all 0bama and his administration have done is decrease energy production and increase its cost to the people.

The 0bama EPA is on an all out attack on energy production and distribution. The EPA just created new regulations that will kill jobs and drive up our electricity costs.

Thursday the EPA announced that they have finalized additional Clean Air Act provisions, collectively known as “The Cross-State Air Pollution Rule” to ostensibly “reduce air pollution and attain clean air standards,” by requiring coal companies in 27 states to slash emissions of sulfur dioxide and nitrogen dioxide by 73 percent and 54 percent, respectively, from 2005 levels by 2014.
EPA Regulations | Coal Industry | Job Loss | The Daily Caller

0bama and the EPA are also going to destroy the car industry with ideologically driven, and arbitrary regulations:

Having invested heavily in luxury automakers Tesla and Fisker, the Obama administration is now putting the screws to their gas-engine competitors, Porsche, BMW, et al.

In their regulatory plot to make the gas engine go the way of the incandescent light bulb, Obama’s EPA is not just mandating 56 mpg by 2025 — effectively creating a standard only hybrid electrics can meet — but putting in place harsh fines for companies that make engines they don’t like.

“Future U.S. government fuel economy regulations could saddle auto makers with steep fines or even bar the sale of certain models,” reports the Wall Street Journal’s Sharon Terlep. “Violations of proposed government standards could cost auto makers up to $25,000 a vehicle beginning in 2016, up from current levels of $5 to hundreds of dollars per vehicle.”

Car Wars: The Empire Strikes Luxurymakers - National Review Online

During a depression era economy, why the hell is our government saddling the country with these new costly regulations??? I don't think 0bama and his admin give a rats rear end if our economy ever recovers, as long as he can punish his enemies and force his agenda on the nation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2011, 03:21 PM

I did not even mention 0bamaCare, a new set of taxes and regulations that are so ruinous to employers, that they have to beg and plead with 0bama to get a waiver, so they don't have to obey the law.

Old 07-11-2011, 03:25 PM

9,982 posts, read 13,762,061 times
I thought Nixon helped create the EPA and the Engangered Species Act.

Imagine that, a Republican who cared about the environment.

Old 07-11-2011, 03:30 PM

5,110 posts, read 7,140,512 times
yawn.

Old 07-11-2011, 03:31 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,769,934 times
If you think the EPA is the problem, you're part of the problem.

Old 07-11-2011, 03:31 PM

45,226 posts, read 26,437,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post

And he had no business doing it.

The old "hate the EPA, hate the environment" strategy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Thats deep.
Gonna have some bumper stickers made up.

Biodegradable of course.

Old 07-11-2011, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post

Like all things liberal, they start out to prevent companies from actually poisoning our lakes and rivers, or destroy habitat with poisonous chemicals, and it all morphs into the ridiculous, where farmers lose their farms because their tractor kill a kangaroo rat, and deny water for irrigation to save a stupid 2 inch long minnow, and now they are destroying more jobs and driving up energy costs, simply because they hate fossil fuels.

Old 07-11-2011, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
No, 0bama is the problem, kicking him out of office ASAP is the solution.

0bama wants higher electricity rates: "Under my plan of a cap and trade system, electricity rates would necessarily skyrocket."

0bama hates coal: "If somebody wants to build a coal-powered plant, they can; it's just that it will bankrupt them because they're going to be charged a huge sum for all that greenhouse gas that's being emitted."

Steven Chu hates coal: "Coal is My Worst Nightmare. If coal is to stay part of the world’s energy mix, , clean-coal technologies must be developed."

And the EPA hates coal: Word is just coming down that the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency has vetoed the largest single mountaintop removal permit in West Virginia history.

...and they want to jack up electricity costs: The Environmental Protection Agency announced Thursday that it will regulate greenhouse gas emissions from power plants and oil refineries next year in an attempt to curb global warming.

Chu wants to ramp up gasoline prices: "Somehow we have to figure out how to boost the price of gasoline to the levels in Europe."

...and then again in March of 2011: CHU: Well, the recent spike in gasoline prices following that huge spike in 2007, 2008 is a reminder to Americans that the price of gasoline over the long haul should be expected to go up just because of supply and demand issues. And so we see this in the buying habits of Americans as they make choices for the next car they buy.

Is it any wonder his EPA is pushing forward with new regulations to jack up the costs of energy, its the exact outcome they wanted. All you have to do is listen to the statements of 0bama, Chu, and et al, in his administration, who have publicly proclaimed their intentions.

Keep in mind, this is all being done during an economic depression, and this fool of a man wonders why things just keep getting worse for jobs and the economy.

Old 07-11-2011, 03:36 PM

5,110 posts, read 7,140,512 times
us yes the ol' selfish me me me philosophy of the right appears again.

Old 07-11-2011, 03:37 PM

45,226 posts, read 26,437,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeP View Post
us yes the ol' selfish me me me philosophy of the right appears again.
Wanting to see people get back to work is selfish?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies