Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2011, 09:26 PM

5,546 posts, read 9,997,969 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
I am correct. No law fixes stupidity regardless of the weapon in the hands of the operator.

Does the AZ legislature call to close the loophole allowing private car sales everytime someone who bought a vehicle drives stupidly or kills someone with that vehicle? Would restricting car sales to authorized dealers only and forcing a background check for tickets and DUI's stop people from driving stupidly, DWI, or distracted/negligent driving? How many AZ legislatures have drivien stupidly, recieved a moving violation, or been in an accident without having an ethics investigation called on them?

More gun laws would not have stopped this incident or the shooting in Tucson that took so many lives and injured Gabriel Giffords as well.
Well, then perhaps we should not have the laws we do considering most of this state is stupid. While more gun laws would not have prevented someone from acting so stupidly, getting them (the powers that be) out of office would and changing the laws as well. The truth is this state is run by a bunch of incompetent morons.

And, btw, you were incorrect in your statement. Everything I said is the truth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2011, 09:37 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,447,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
No revolver I have shot,(38 and 357) had a safety.
They all had very stiff triggers, unless the hammer was cocked.

Who got shot?
Nobody, but the first thing that any responsible adult learns about handling guns is that you never casually point it in someone's direction - even if you're pretty sure it isn't loaded, even if your finger isn't on the trigger, blah blah. And if you're going to handle a gun in close quarters around another consenting adult for whatever reason, it is good policy to always check and show that a round is not chambered to the other party / parties.

That is a device that can change life to death in an instant. You never, ever put yourself in a position to just rely on a stiff trigger. I know novice gun owners who know better. YOU should know better. And she should know better, too.

Last edited by ambient; 07-11-2011 at 09:45 PM..

Old 07-11-2011, 09:40 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,926,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistygrl092 View Post
Well, then perhaps we should not have the laws we do considering most of this state is stupid. While more gun laws would not have prevented someone from acting so stupidly, getting them (the powers that be) out of office would and changing the laws as well. The truth is this state is run by a bunch of incompetent morons.

And, btw, you were incorrect in your statement. Everything I said is the truth.
No, everything you stated was your opinion with the exception of the links you provided.

You choose to argue this from the position of emotion and not fact. That is what makes gun banners so very dangerous to the 2nd Amendment and the free practice thereof. Equally endangering to the RKBA as the over emotional gun grabbers are high profile individuals acting as stupidly as did this specific state representative.

Old 07-11-2011, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Nobody, but the first thing that any responsible adult learns about handling guns is that you never casually point it in someone's direction - even if you're pretty sure it isn't loaded, blah blah. That is a device that can change life to death in an instant. I know kids that know better. You should know better. And she should know better, too.
Right, and I guess a person has to come from a civilized city like San Francisco to get this. No, it's not perfect, but moving from there to here was the biggest mistake I've EVER made.

Old 07-11-2011, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
No, everything you stated was your opinion with the exception of the links you provided.

You choose to argue this from the position of emotion and not fact. That is what makes gun banners so very dangerous to the 2nd Amendment and the free practice thereof. Equally endangering to the RKBA as the over emotional gun grabbers are high profile individuals acting as stupidly as did this specific state representative.
I already have stated I am for the second amendment. I will not argue anymore with posters who live out of state who haven't a clue what it's like to live here. And you fall into that category.

Old 07-11-2011, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistygrl092 View Post
Right, and I guess a person has to come from a civilized city like San Francisco to get this. No, it's not perfect, but moving from there to here was the biggest mistake I've EVER made.
This thread is not about you, your decisions, or your opinion about the people in the state to which you chose to move is it?

Old 07-11-2011, 10:30 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,288,429 times
Quote:
No revolver I have shot,(38 and 357) had a safety.
They all had very stiff triggers, unless the hammer was cocked.

Who got shot?
So it's ok to point loaded guns at people?

Old 07-11-2011, 10:34 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,729,686 times
Quote:
But Klein, in an e-mail to Arizona Capitol Times, said there was only one instance where she turned on the laser sight while on the table, and she wrote that Ruelas sat himself down in front of it.

Just once, eh? Well, THAT'S comforting!

Old 07-11-2011, 11:40 PM

4,027 posts, read 7,288,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post
Lori Klein, Arizona State Senator, Pointed Loaded Gun At Reporter Richard Ruelas's Chest

Wow, just to show the laser sight? With no safety?

Talk about irresponsible gun use from some one who should know better.

Had to add, she should listen to this guy who shot himself in the leg "He's since uploaded the video to YouTube as a warning that negligent discharges happen".
I enjoyed the part where she aimed it at someone and had it in her purse without a safety.

Old 07-11-2011, 11:47 PM

The ignorance of those posting about the sky falling because there was no safety on the firearm would be entertaining if their lack of understanding of design and mechanics of firearms were not so pathetically lacking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies