Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2011, 10:49 PM

9,982 posts, read 13,760,768 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Was your hero Obama a "prick" when he voted no on a debt ceiling increase in 2006?

Seriously.

I'm sure that was different, because it was a (D) doing it. You disgust me.
There was no reason to raise the limit in 2006, the Bush tax cuts and two wars drove it, and it was indefensible. The game has changed, and you know it. But snide, misleading, hyperpartisan comments are your mainstay.

The feeling is mutual.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2011, 08:31 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,554,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
There was no reason to raise the limit in 2006, the Bush tax cuts and two wars drove it, and it was indefensible. The game has changed, and you know it. But snide, misleading, hyperpartisan comments are your mainstay.

Certainly the game has changed. Now it is 0bama calling for the debt ceiling raise because he won't control his spending or even attempt to reduce the deficit. Obviously, since he is the one calling for it now it just must be the right thing to do (sarcasm). Anyone else calling for it just must be wrong.

Old 07-13-2011, 08:46 AM

17,815 posts, read 25,634,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cap1717 View Post
I am one of those taxpayers that has "made do with less and less" for the past 12 or 13 years, now! No salary increases, not even enough to keep up with inflation, rising health care cost, transportation costs, etc. etc. I am no more "exempt" from the consequenses of several expensive wars, government and non government fraud, a "crashed" housing market, and widespread unemployment than anyone else. Obama is NOT catering to the "radical left" as you put it, and anyone with any critical thinking ability would be able to see that. . .unless, of course, your only news sources are highly partisan!
Well that is your fault if you have seen no salary increases in the last 12 or 13yrs and stayed at the same job.

That would put you back to 1998/99 and jobs were plentiful.

Years went by when you could have moved on and didn't.

I have no pity for people who stay at the same job and then whine about either the pay or working conditions yet stay there for decades.

A "critical thinker" would as the British say "press on" and find new employment.

That is on you.

Old 07-13-2011, 09:59 AM

3,045 posts, read 3,192,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClose View Post
This guy should team up with Casey Anthony!

I'm sure that the both of them .. really believe .. everything they say!

Obama: Job Losses Prove Stimulus Worked | CNSnews.com
CNS News. Yes, what a solid, world renowned news organization. I take it that's the place that gives you your opinions every day?

Why not man up and read some of the CBO publications about the impact of the stimulus. Incidentally, had McCain been in office, his stimulus was largely the same and you'd be talking about how great it was.

Old 07-13-2011, 10:15 AM

3,614 posts, read 3,502,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noexcuseforignorance View Post
CNS News. Yes, what a solid, world renowned news organization. I take it that's the place that gives you your opinions every day?

Why not man up and read some of the CBO publications about the impact of the stimulus. Incidentally, had McCain been in office, his stimulus was largely the same and you'd be talking about how great it was.
Yes. All of that. CBO shows the the stimulus didn't have enough and as a result wasn't as effective as it could have been. Way to much was spent on tax credits, combined with this bull**** tax cuts we have. Well, we've seen the result.

Old 07-13-2011, 10:40 AM

7,006 posts, read 6,993,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClose View Post
LoL more loony liberal logic.

Old 07-13-2011, 11:19 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,815,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbdowndemocrats View Post
Woof... Woof...if she is as smart as you say then she knows Obama's economy is real RUFF.
She's smart enough to not debate on something she doesn't have a clue about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Was your hero Obama a "prick" when he voted no on a debt ceiling increase in 2006?
If there was ever a time since 2001, when the country could have taken spending cuts and the issue of balanced budget under consideration, it would have been 2006 and 2007. Only an idiot, the totally clueless, would vote for layoffs and cuts by the government when everybody else is doing that which is why the unemployment and economic problems begin in the first place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
Certainly the game has changed. Now it is 0bama calling for the debt ceiling raise because he won't control his spending or even attempt to reduce the deficit. Obviously, since he is the one calling for it now it just must be the right thing to do (sarcasm). Anyone else calling for it just must be wrong.
See above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konraden View Post
Yes. All of that. CBO shows the the stimulus didn't have enough and as a result wasn't as effective as it could have been. Way to much was spent on tax credits, combined with this bull**** tax cuts we have. Well, we've seen the result.
Could have been? Could have been what?

Old 07-13-2011, 11:31 AM

3,088 posts, read 5,354,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
Well that is your fault if you have seen no salary increases in the last 12 or 13yrs and stayed at the same job.

That would put you back to 1998/99 and jobs were plentiful.

Years went by when you could have moved on and didn't.

I have no pity for people who stay at the same job and then whine about either the pay or working conditions yet stay there for decades.

A "critical thinker" would as the British say "press on" and find new employment.

That is on you.
and that is exactly what I did! Here in the "right to work" state of AZ, where I reside. Some jobs I stayed at longer than might have been financially wise, either because I loved the job and supported the mission of the company (non profits), but I always did "move on", eventually, and usually to a job that paid only a bit more than the previous one. . . .but's that's what I get for moving into a "right to work" state. . . .
BTW. . . .I have no pity for people who judge human worth with the dollar bill!

Old 07-13-2011, 11:57 AM

4,919 posts, read 4,834,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
If there was ever a time since 2001, when the country could have taken spending cuts and the issue of balanced budget under consideration, it would have been 2006 and 2007.
Democrats take control of House and Senate - Nancy Pelosi: Speaker of the House, 2007-2011 - UPI.com

Old 07-14-2011, 09:22 AM

5,756 posts, read 3,997,659 times
Hey Einstein are you related to David Berkowitz he too listened and talked to a dog ?

So she is clueless like Obama on debate and policy?

Where i come from we call them guide dogs or seeing eye dogs but see must be as blind as you are.

You were born during the Carter years eh? Well i was working during those bad times and Obama has made a bad situation worse by his policies.

You must be confused because Obama was against raising the debt ceiling before now he is for it thats because its on his watch and he wants to spend on our dime...

The news today is that Obama said it was his desk in the Oval office...well i thought it was still G.W.Bush desk because he is blaming him for everything or is he going to finally own up that this is his economy now?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies