Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2011, 09:04 PM

2,713 posts, read 3,025,259 times

Advertisements

Boehner: Yeah Obama We Won! You can't do anything now. ahahahhahha... One more year baby...Oh yeah and you need to work on your golf swing and, your bowling.

Obama: Dammit how can I concentrate on the teleprompter, with Boehner staring at me like that? Hmm, maybe he's still thinking about that round of golf. yeah I know I suck a golf and bowling.
================================================== ==============================

Obama: Hey Camera guy! Is he still looking at me? Is he crying? I think he's about to cry..

Boehner (thoughts): OMG I just realized I can't get the tea party to vote on any deal... I am missing jersey shore, I hope my wife DVR'd it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2011, 09:41 AM

1,410 posts, read 2,140,553 times
Boehner is such a stubborn stick-in-the mud. I resent his resistance to the healthcare reform.

Old 07-12-2011, 09:43 AM

6,369 posts, read 6,413,164 times
I think it is a great thing when two people of color, one orange, the other black, can come together and talk about their differences.

Old 07-12-2011, 09:51 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,543,681 times
The Republicans look like complete jerks over this nonsense.

Old 07-12-2011, 10:02 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,446,996 times
Wink Obama-Boehner Meeting at The Whitehouse.

Boehner is the unhappiest, most uncomfortable guy in DC. He's a "company man"; bought and paid for by corporate interests like the tobacco lobby. He's smart enough to recognize that he's in a lose-lose position.

He keeps rejecting Obama's plans that give him 80% of what he says he wants. In so doing he appears stubborn and unreasonable to independents and moderate Republicans with business interests, who understand how disastrous default would be.

If agrees to anything less than 100% of the loony teabagger demands, the tea party will crucify him.

Anyone got a hanky?

Old 07-12-2011, 11:10 AM

6,369 posts, read 6,413,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
Boehner is the unhappiest, most uncomfortable guy in DC. He's a "company man"; bought and paid for by corporate interests like the tobacco lobby. He's smart enough to recognize that he's in a lose-lose position.

He keeps rejecting Obama's plans that give him 80% of what he says he wants. In so doing he appears stubborn and unreasonable to independents and moderate Republicans with business interests, who understand how disastrous default would be.

If agrees to anything less than 100% of the loony teabagger demands, the tea party will crucify him.

Anyone got a hanky?

Really? 80% of the cost of the "Bush tax cuts" went to the middle class, millions of whom were taken off the federal income tax rolls entirely. Those cuts took a progressive tax system and made it hyper-progressive, as 50% of workers pay NOTHING.

Obama's current proposals are to make the tax code even more hyper-progressive, layering on new tax liabilities when people are already facing the new taxes under Obamacare in a couple of years.

Obama wants to institutionalize the gigantic increase in the size of government that he has engineered, by funding out of the makers' pockets. This would be a huge victory for the takers. Boehner is fighting to avoid this outcome, and to scale back the size of government to the levels that prevailed pre-Obama.

In no sense has Boehner been offered "80% of what he wants."

If they really wanted to raise revenues to cut the deficit, they should roll back ALL of the Bush tax cuts and get more of us rowing the boat again. But that is not what Obama is talking about.

Old 07-12-2011, 11:13 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,953,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo View Post
Really? 80% of the cost of the "Bush tax cuts" went to the middle class, millions of whom were taken off the federal income tax rolls entirely. Those cuts took a progressive tax system and made it hyper-progressive, as 50% of workers pay NOTHING.

Obama's current proposals are to make the tax code even more hyper-progressive, layering on new tax liabilities when people are already facing the new taxes under Obamacare in a couple of years.

Obama wants to institutionalize the gigantic increase in the size of government that he has engineered, by funding out of the makers' pockets. This would be a huge victory for the takers. Boehner is fighting to avoid this outcome, and to scale back the size of government to the levels that prevailed pre-Obama.

In no sense has Boehner been offered "80% of what he wants."

If they really wanted to raise revenues to cut the deficit, they should roll back ALL of the Bush tax cuts and get more of us rowing the boat again. But that is not what Obama is talking about.
You've got that right. Well stated and worth repeating!

Old 07-12-2011, 11:14 AM

6,484 posts, read 6,620,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
The Republicans look like complete jerks over this nonsense.
I think they're the ones who have consistently appears to be adults. They didn't spend $5 T the last couple years and are now trying to appear fiscally responsible.

Old 07-12-2011, 11:17 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,953,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
I think they're the ones who have consistently appears to be adults. They didn't spend $5 T the last couple years and are now trying to appear fiscally responsible.
That's the whole point. The far left cannot sustain their entitlement state where fiscal responsibility exists. This is why they (the Democrat controlled administration) has not passed an Obama budget since he's been in office (a primary duty/responsibility for the POTUS and Congress by the way).

Old 07-12-2011, 11:18 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,833,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo View Post
Several problems with the assumptions you try to pass as facts. Some of them...
1- Not all those who owe no federal income tax are poor. There are plenty of millionaires who fit that profile.
2- A lot of poor and minimum income folks end up owing income taxes to the federal government.
3- Most of the tax cuts went to the top earners. You don't lose (or gain) a lot of tax revenue by cutting (or increasing) taxes on the poor and middle class.
4- Your assumption that nearly half of Americans don't owe federal income tax only started with Bush tax cuts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
That's the whole point. The far left cannot sustain their entitlement state where fiscal responsibility exists. This is why they (the Democrat controlled administration) has not passed an Obama budget since he's been in office (a primary duty/responsibility for the POTUS and Congress by the way).
Interesting. So it is President's responsibility to create and pass the budget? Really?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies