Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2011, 04:09 PM

6,391 posts, read 5,165,396 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
What logic compels you to defund planned parent hood, when no government money has paid for any of the abortions??

The arrogance is astounding, and infuriating; yet conservatives claim to hold the high moral ground....

[MOD CUT]

Until July 1, a low-income New Hampshire woman paid an average of $5 to fill a birth control pill prescription at any of the state's six Planned Parenthood clinics. She might have even gotten the birth control for free, depending on her poverty level.

But since the New Hampshire Executive Council voted to cancel the state's contract with Planned Parenthood, a woman now has to pay anywhere from $40 to over $100 for birth control pills at a regular pharmacy.

[MOD CUT]

The three Councilors who voted against funding for Planned Parenthood said they did so because some of its clinics provide abortions, even though those abortions are entirely privately funded. Councilor Raymond Wieczorek of Manchester added that he opposed funding for birth control and condoms altogether.

"If they want to have a good time, why not let them pay for it?" he told the Concord Monitor last week.

Planned Parenthood Defunded In New Hampshire
So tell me oh great one, if you wish to assist this woman in buying her birth control, why not do so, instead of believing is the job of everyone else to pay for it?

Besides, there is an excellent method of birth control, it's called not having sex. It's been proven effective with the exception of one person.

Old 07-13-2011, 04:13 PM

4,050 posts, read 3,958,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
What does no single citizen supporting a 100% expenditure of tax dollars have to do with it not being stolen money or not? You do understand the concept of stolen right? Taken against ones will, a removal of monetary property without the consent of the owner?

Yes, it does encourage corruption in government. Why? Because they provide a means for people to vote themselves money and encourage politicians to buy votes by promising to provide such programs that will. It is a conflict of interest for someone to gain direct benefit in such an issue. Not everyone uses these programs and so those who do need them will certainly be susceptible to political push concerning them. Have you been living under a rock for the last 100+ years?

Public programs like health care, welfare, medicaid, etc... are specific to a certain group of people in need or reliant on. How many times have you heard the democrats claim that republicans want to kill the elderly by removing social security? Or that they want people to die because they are against the purposed health care systems? Look at this very issue, to which you are claiming that republicans are trying to harm the people by taking their free ride away? This example is perfect for such.

You have taken the cutting of Planned Parenthood to a political level to use as a scare tactic to urge people to vote for the political parties that would promise them money through programs and the like if they vote for them. It encourages the development of majorities who operate completely under their self interest to keep such programs at the expense of the individuals who will be taxed to fund them.

The people who use such or desire such are going to vote for those who will provide such. They do so for their own self interest and the politicians use that to get themselves elected.

The entire purpose of our system is to protect from various self interested majorities instituting policies to which infringe on the minority. The concept that it is acceptable to infringe on the individuals liberties to promote the majorities wishes is a complete contradiction to the purpose of our system.

It was why we never chose a pure democracy and it is why we have ha constitution that limits our representative republic.

Taking from some to give to others without the direct permission of them is and always will be theft. Our government is responsible for "promoting" the general welfare and "providing" for the common defense. The limit of our financial responsibilities to the "whole" is well defined, yet politicians have twisted the meaning of it to buy complacency from the majority with promises of special treatment to them. It appears you need to spend a bit more time understanding what individual liberty is and the fact that our people are not peasants to be picked clean for the various crusades of its nobles and self interested parties.
You make an uninformed statement!!!

Again, once you pay tax that money is no longer yours as an individual and you as an individual don't allocate the programs it supports.

What about this simple concept can you not understand???
Tax dollars belong to the country and/municipalities who then allocate those funds based on the wants and needs of the majority of the populace.

No one stole anything from you!!!

The rest of your rhetoric is nothing but the right wing, patriot, tea party talking points, they've been shot down enough times on this forum.

You personally don't like PP, too bad, fortunately the country listens to more than just your opinion.

Old 07-13-2011, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
So tell me oh great one, if you wish to assist this woman in buying her birth control, why not do so, instead of believing is the job of everyone else to pay for it?

Besides, there is an excellent method of birth control, it's called not having sex. It's been proven effective with the exception of one person.
The Great One will tell you!!

I do wish to assist her that's what a minuscule portion of my tax dollars are doing, I also understand that by helping her I am benefiting my community and the society I live in.

Abstinence is a great form of birth control, how about you send us some info on the great new wave of celibate teen agers and young adults that is sweeping the nation..

Then maybe I can get onboard with folk who have a problem with other people receiving low cost contraceptive, STDs treatment, pre-natal care, and sex education.

Old 07-13-2011, 04:29 PM

Quote:
That may be your opinion but shouldn't an adult idea enter into there somewhere??

So all the tens of thousands of teenagers out on dates, in parks, in cars, at homes while parents have date night,this very night should be celibate, or be denied birth control, sex education, and pregantcy prevention....say hi to Eddie Haskell when you see him..
1. Having sex IS an adult decision.

2. Who is being denied birth control? Make Money, got to store, buy birth control, who's stopping you?

3. Birth control/sex education between parents and school shouldn't be a problem, right?

Eddie says hiya

Old 07-13-2011, 04:32 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,946,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
If the issue is Medicaid, then come out and argue against Medicaid, not Planned Parenthood. PP Is following the law of the land. I don't know how many times I have to say this: many private, for profit physicans take Medicaid money for providing family planning services, and many of these providers perform abortions as well. But the RW isn't going after them. Why not?
I argue against ANY public funded foundation that is not within the direct authority of our government.

Get rid of them ALL. That means Social Security, Medicare, Medicare, Welfare, and all the various other money sucking programs that are nothing more than a standing point for political agenda.

We are a society that was built on individual liberty, freedom of choice and those come with the responsibilities of such. Either you accept the position of such freedom or you are simply an agent to eliminate such to which will serve your individual goals.

ALL, not some, ALL.

Old 07-13-2011, 04:37 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,946,110 times
Quote:
OMG, do you live on this planet, I would post scientific evidence and studies showing that the area of the brain that focuses on impulse control, maturity, and decision making are far less developed in teen agers and children then in adults. This does not change reality, teen agers and young adults are taught birth control, pregnancy prevention in order to help them make more informed and mature decisions, arguing to take education and information away is purely a decission to stick your head in the sand.

And this is a position OF the parents, something THEY are responsible for because THEY are the parents and THEY are responsible. Really, is it that hard?

Old 07-13-2011, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
1. Having sex IS an adult decision.

2. Who is being denied birth control? Make Money, got to store, buy birth control, who's stopping you?

3. Birth control/sex education between parents and school shouldn't be a problem, right?

Eddie says hiya
Maybe this conversation is a little too mature for you, we are talking about reality and not Candy Land!!!...

Sex is triggered by biology, hormones, and to some extent society, please give us an example of ANYTIME IN HUMAN HISTORY that teen agers and children were not engaging in sex???..please entertain us??

What birth control do you buy at a store with no prescription other than condoms???..so I guess poor folk with no health insurance or access to more expensive private clinics should be denied the full spectrum of contraceptives available to the more prosperous.

Your third point is asking what??

Tell Eddie to let you come live in this century..

Old 07-13-2011, 04:39 PM

Quote:
So, you didn't want to respond directly to anything I commented on. Wow, what a surprise!

If you want to discuss with me, take the time to respond directly to each position I made. I did for you, common courtesy demands the same, though if you do.. it will require you to actually think about your position rather than mouthing off with emotion. Sorry, try again.
If you failed to comprehend my post...please just slowly close the door behind you..

Old 07-13-2011, 04:42 PM

Quote:
And this is a position OF the parents, something THEY are responsible for because THEY are the parents and THEY are responsible. Really, is it that hard?
And every child has parents in the home, every child has one parent in the home, right???...

Please just stop proving that sane people can have insane thought processes.

Old 07-13-2011, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Maybe this conversation is a little too mature for you, we are talking about reality and not Candy Land!!!...

Sex is triggered by biology, hormones, and to some extent society, please give us an example of ANYTIME IN HUMAN HISTORY that teen agers and children were not engaging in sex???..please entertain us??

What birth control do you buy at a store with no prescription other than condoms???..so I guess poor folk with no health insurance or access to more expensive private clinics should be denied the full spectrum of contraceptives available to the more prosperous.

Your third point is asking what??

Tell Eddie to let you come live in this century..
So tell me, why is it a problem in 2011, and not such a problem from the in all the years preceding this? is it because MAYBE young adults were taught responsibility for their actions, or were actually HELD responsible?

Yes young adults had sex, BUT they were careful, they used condoms, or had sex after the girls period, (Which of course would be the time after ovulation and the egg cleared from the body), so as to reduce the possibility of pregnancy.

Been to the store recently, there are more options than condoms. Years ago my wife and I used a spermacide gel with excellent results..

Yes there are other options that cost money. So do cell phones big screen tv's nice cars, etc. If you want them, earn the money to buy them. It's not my job to earn a living to pay for someone elses living, birth control, cell phone, SUV, etc etc ad nauseam. If you want better, earn the money to get better.

Eddie lives in all centuries. I guess it's just too hard for SOME people to control their impulses and be a HUMAN BEING and not an animal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies