Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2011, 02:35 PM

4,050 posts, read 3,959,677 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
Hmm.. I know why sex is triggered, maybe it's too hard for you to control yourself?

Birth control? You mean you have never looked into what can be purchased without a prescription. How about a spermicide?

Spermicide - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You really have a problem with my suggestion that we should be able to control our impulses don't you?
I have a problem taking the advice of anyone when that advice is based on idiocy!!!

Again, sex is the result of human nature, hormones, genes,and society, so the question still stands; as you have failed to answer it.

Show us proof anywhere, that in the last two thousand tears where teen agers were not engaging in sex??

Here's another deep question you also continue to be unable to answer, why would anyone go to the corner store and buy spermicide when PP supplies it at half the cost or free.

How many low income people can afford to continuously purchase spermicide, oh yeah I forgot; poor people should also not engage in sex...

Last edited by reconmark; 07-16-2011 at 02:52 PM..

Old 07-16-2011, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzie679 View Post
Good old fashioned spite!
No truer words have been spoken!!!

Old 07-16-2011, 02:38 PM

8,806 posts, read 6,110,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
It is quite obvious that the liberals expect taxpayers to put up the money for irresponsible behavior no matter how abhorrent it is. I guess this is how they were raised. Do as you wish and let somebody else pick up the pieces. I want to mate with X somebody else pay for me to not impregnate X or if they don't let somebody else pay for an abortion and if not let somebody else pay for them to live by giving me free money to feed and cloth and house them. How dare anybody suggest they pay for it themselves or deny them of mating with X without any responsibility. Idiots.
Truer words have never been spoken!

Old 07-16-2011, 02:50 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,951,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
How many low income people can afford to continuously purchase spermicide, oh yeah I forgot; poor people should also not engage in sex...
No, simply "poor people" should act with responsibility. An animal will act instinctively without thought, which is why you see dogs humping peoples legs. Your argument attempts to state that humans are no different and cannot control such.

Responsibility, a concept you will not accept for it means that you will have to accept the consequence of your own actions.

You kids today, you have no concept of anything but that of a dog who humps the pillow cushion.

Old 07-16-2011, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
No, simply "poor people" should act with responsibility. An animal will act instinctively without thought, which is why you see dogs humping peoples legs. Your argument attempts to state that humans are no different and cannot control such.

Responsibility, a concept you will not accept for it means that you will have to accept the consequence of your own actions.

You kids today, you have no concept of anything but that of a dog who humps the pillow cushion.
A poor person acting responsibly is one that heads over to PP and gets birth control pills, condoms, their tubes tied, sex prevention education, etc.

An irresponsible person is one that says it's moral to deny those people those services because of one service that's provided that they don't like.

As far as "kids", I'm probably older than you are, I just haven't forgot that people don't come in one size fits all.

I'm afraid you can't comprehend the concept of "pay $1.00 today or $100.00 tomorrow".

Old 07-16-2011, 03:26 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
This is what you're not understanding: If a kid wants to have sex, they should be on birth control of some kind. MOST people do not get their BC from PP. You're just spewing liberal talking points, we get it, but you should at least try to stick with facts.

You're also not understanding that many folks who use PP are NOT teens and have no excuse for getting themselves knocked up, many on a repeated basis.
Since you seem to know where people are getting their BC, maybe you could tell us.

Quote:
In case you haven't noticed, the ones who are removing funding from PP are the people we elected into power. That is how we get to allocate monies to different programs. So, what about this do YOU not understand?
Who's this "we", Kemosabe?

Quote:
#1 Chill out. All the punctuation is making you look like you're about to start hyperventilating, which means WE are winning the debate.

#2 Children now? Oh, my.

The public health clinic and non-profit women's centers offer GYN exams for low cost. You take your little prescription and go to the pharmacy and get your $5 or $10/mo BCP. It's on the generic cheapie list at all the pharmacies I've ever been to. It's not that hard. So stop with the hyperbole.
Who's this "we" again? Are you part of some CD "get the liberals" group?

Old 07-16-2011, 03:52 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,951,643 times
Quote:
A poor person acting responsibly is one that heads over to PP and gets birth control pills, condoms, their tubes tied, sex prevention education, etc.
a poor person acting responsibly funds their sexual activities themselves, takes the risk and then takes on the responsibility of raising a child if such occurs, or acts like a human and not a dog and chooses to not place themselves in such risk in the first place. This is what responsible people do. Dogs and irresponsible people do otherwise.

Quote:
An irresponsible person is one that says it's moral to deny those people those services because of one service that's provided that they don't like.
An irresponsible person blames others and places their own responsibility on that of another rather than accept the consequence and responsibility of there own actions.

Quote:
As far as "kids", I'm probably older than you are, I just haven't forgot that people don't come in one size fits all.
It doesn't matter how old you are physically, you act like a child and display the same irresponsible positions as them. You can be 100 years old for all that matters, but if you excuse responsibility, you might as well be a child that needs its bottom spanked and its nose wiped.

Quote:
I'm afraid you can't comprehend the concept of "pay $1.00 today or $100.00 tomorrow".
Well, when you are spending other peoples money, I wouldn't expect you not to. Grow up child.
And speaking of "concepts" if you can't understand responsibility, you have absolutely no business discussing the cost of such.

Old 07-16-2011, 04:52 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,271,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
a poor person acting responsibly funds their sexual activities themselves, takes the risk and then takes on the responsibility of raising a child if such occurs, or acts like a human and not a dog and chooses to not place themselves in such risk in the first place. This is what responsible people do. Dogs and irresponsible people do otherwise.
And seek out help when needed, by going to clinics that offer services for free or at a discount.

so, poor people shouldn't have sex at all? Well, sorry, but our world doesn't work that way. People will have sex whether you like it or not, so don't pose your moralistic beliefs on others.

You do know that there is a FAR higher change of not getting pregnant, than there is. Millions of Americans have unprotected sex each day, yet a small fraction will get pregnant.

The responsible adult, takes the precautions, but having ACCESS to affordable services so they can UP their chances of not getting pregnant is the BEST thing that the government can help to do. Access to birth control is one way to help those TO MAKE that responsible choice.

sorry if you fail to realize this, but this is human nature we are talking about. Its not black and white. YOUR morals and beliefs have no say in what others do.

I don't know how anyone thinks that denying or defunding health services to those who can't afford it is a good thing?

Why don't we do away with all public health funding? That anyone who can't afford the procedure are not going to be given it?

Yeah, that's one sick world you want.

Old 07-16-2011, 04:55 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,005,733 times
Still sharpening your hanger I see.

Old 07-16-2011, 04:57 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,271,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Still sharpening your hanger I see.
still with your disgusting pro life rhetoric.

Seeing as you've been caught in several lies, it isn't surprising that you resort to another lie to push your pro life agenda.

Care to actually address facts? Like PP is mostly a general health care clinic that provides counelsing and birth control as part of those services?

Why aren't you against the public clinics that provide the same services?

Hanger? Yeah if the conservative moral police have their way, backdoor abortions will happen more. So trot out the "hanger" myth all you want, it only shows that you have nothing substantiate to back up you claims.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies