Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2011, 09:03 PM

593 posts, read 1,378,518 times

Advertisements

Yeah, Winter's right. The Grand 'Ol Party is SOoooooo OLD. Lost touch with reality and poor n middle classes. Here's to the rich americans finally paying their share of taxes. Its a comin. Everybody knows.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2011, 09:33 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Homeboy View Post
Yeah, Winter's right. The Grand 'Ol Party is SOoooooo OLD. Lost touch with reality and poor n middle classes. Here's to the rich americans finally paying their share of taxes. Its a comin. Everybody knows.
Right. Those rich Americans (top 10% of earners) only pay 70+% of taxes right now.

I guess those that don't pay their fair share would like others to pick up the tab for them.

Oh, just so you know - the democrats/obama are the only ones who have cut Medicare - to the tune of $500 billion, and believe you me, the seniors will be reminded of that.

Old 07-12-2011, 12:03 AM

24,621 posts, read 19,170,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Let's start filching the Trillions I been waiting for!

Well, we all know he's gung ho to raise taxes on the working class families in this country. $2 Trillion in fact. Is he insane?

According to THIS obama, he is indeed.

Obama vs. Obama | The Weekly Standard

RealClearPolitics - Video - Obama Interview with NBC News's Chuck Todd

The damning evidence of his own words starting @ 5:35.

Does obama believe we are free and clear on the road to recovery? Is it way past time to exact his draconian leftist tax hike agenda on the American people.

Now remember, this tax hike is ON TOP OF the taxes he has already raised, including the massive increases in obamacare.

Let us all remember his similar sentiment when he was forced to sign the Bush tax rate extensions.

Remarks by the President and the Vice President Before Signing the Middle-Class Tax Cuts Bill | The White House
Well, I figured out what Obama meant by "Change."

"I will change my stance on every issue at every opportunity."

Old 07-12-2011, 03:48 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,755,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Privatizing Medicare. The GOP just kissed Florida bye-bye.
Lol, despite the lies, the plan doesn't affect anyone ove 55. Florida is red in 2012!

Old 07-12-2011, 06:53 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,366,904 times
To our friends on the left which Obama are you voting for? the tax cutter or the tax raiser? Notice Obama thinks the 2% cut in pay roll taxes drives up more consumer spending and is part of the engine to economic growth. Is Obama a hypocrite against himself?

Old 07-12-2011, 07:04 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,285,820 times
Quote:
Ohio and possibly Penn. are lost. Can't win without those.

Old 07-12-2011, 07:05 AM

1,432 posts, read 1,092,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Right. Those rich Americans (top 10% of earners) only pay 70+% of taxes right now.

I guess those that don't pay their fair share would like others to pick up the tab for them.

Oh, just so you know - the democrats/obama are the only ones who have cut Medicare - to the tune of $500 billion, and believe you me, the seniors will be reminded of that.
Yep, the leaches won't be happy until all their bills are paid for. THhey can't pay for their services, so it is only fair that someone pays the bills for them....

Ask someone to define fair share, and they can't. What % is fair, what absolute tax amount is fair? The loony left doesn't want to acknowledge that the high earners pay the majority of income taxes. Obama asking for taxes is simply reverting to his true nature and playing to his base....

Ever notice when someone says tax the rich, they don't define rich, and it is always someone making barely enough to be considered a higher wage earner - 250K.

Old 07-12-2011, 07:06 AM

1,432 posts, read 1,092,091 times
Quote:
I sure as hell hope Medicare is privatized, and SS....I sure as hell could do a better job in managing my health and retirement account than some moron in DC....but I guess the midless drones need to be told what to do and how to do it, and for sure it must be identical for everyone...

Old 07-12-2011, 08:02 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times
Quote:
Ever notice when someone says tax the rich, they don't define rich, and it is always someone making barely enough to be considered a higher wage earner - 250K.
I think the definition now is anyone doing better than they are, that has more than they do.

Obama is engaging in class warfare, a really despicable scapegoat for his own failures.

Old 07-12-2011, 08:12 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,556,977 times
Quote:
Obama is offering 3 trillion in cuts and 1 trillion in new revenue. Of course the current crop of spoiled brats in control of the House couldn't accept a deal that gave them 75% of what they want, so they are throwing a hissy fit just as this thread highlights.
Which is why he states that he must have a 4 trillion dollar rise in the debt ceiling and a trillion dollars in new taxes? All to take effect after the 2012 elections?

Are the dems really so blind that they can't see what 0bama is trying to sell is just more of his lies?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies