Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2011, 12:24 PM

3,504 posts, read 3,922,886 times

Advertisements

this happens all the time. rude, unruly, drunk people screwing around pissing people off.

i understand trying to advance a position on how bad and dangerous muslims are with this incident, but its a weak example. whenever ive seen these stories in the past, its been white males who act like idiots and end up getting removed from the plane, being drunk most of the time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2011, 12:31 PM

3,644 posts, read 6,304,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
this happens all the time. rude, unruly, drunk people screwing around pissing people off.

i understand trying to advance a position on how bad and dangerous muslims are with this incident, but its a weak example. whenever ive seen these stories in the past, its been white males who act like idiots and end up getting removed from the plane, being drunk most of the time.
No doubt that no one group has a monopoly on bad behavior. The simple truth is that the article does not go in to enough detail to know if Islamic ideology played a role here or not. However, I think the entitlement attitude of Saudi citizens was on display here. "The rules don't apply to u"s is their thinking more times than not. Let's hope this guy is put on the no-fly list. Would-be terrorist or not, we don't need people like this disrupting flights. Everyone on that plane that had to makea connecting flight probably missed it because of this guy.

Old 07-12-2011, 12:39 PM

2,301 posts, read 2,032,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Grab your pitchfork! Let's go get them Muslims!
Although I like your idea of going after Muslims with pitchforks over this incident, Christians have done the same thing on occasion. And I'll bet Jews have done similar things too. So we're talking about quite a bloodletting.

I once saw a old lady try to stow away a small pet dog in the passengers' cabin on a flight. As the other passengers were taking their seats, the dog yelped and gave itself away. The lady broke into a panic. I'm not sure what religion she was, but she was old, so in her case I guess we'll have to use the "senior citizen" demographic.

On the other hand, I carried a bottle of red wine over the Canadian border. I wasn't caught but if I were I'd surely have come up with some kind of creative public display. And my demographic is "handsome man".

Old 07-12-2011, 12:55 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,203,740 times
Quote:
I think the entitlement attitude of Saudi citizens was on display here. "The rules don't apply to u"s is their thinking more times than not.
I don't get that from the article facts, just the article "spin".

Old 07-12-2011, 01:51 PM

20,329 posts, read 19,918,958 times
Well, back during the Crusades...........................

Old 07-12-2011, 01:52 PM

20,329 posts, read 19,918,958 times
.......abortion clinic shooter................

Old 07-12-2011, 01:53 PM

27,560 posts, read 28,652,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
Well, back during the Crusades...........................
When they needed to get all those Muslims out of Europe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies