Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2011, 09:04 PM

4,301 posts, read 7,033,437 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
2010? Ok, sure, good one for the GOP, but Barry O was not really involved.
Obama personally campaigned for dozens of Democratic candidates in 2010, most of whom still ended up losing. To say he was not really involved is completely and utterly false. Just another way for the moonies to rationalize the hemorrhage..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2011, 09:06 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,853,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Too funny, Mr. 9.2% does look cool. He clearly doesn't give a hoot about all the unemployed. Every move he makes, makes their lives worse. Come November, We'll remember!
Mr 9.2 is working very hard to recover from the Mr 10.1, clearly making progress.

Old 07-12-2011, 09:07 PM

4,991 posts, read 4,504,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie117 View Post
Obama personally campaigned for dozens of Democratic candidates in 2010, most of whom still ended up losing. To say he was not really involved is completely and utterly false. Just another way for the moonies to rationalize the hemorrhage..
Was Obama personally running for office in 2010? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Was Bush running in 2006? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Old 07-12-2011, 09:10 PM

9,982 posts, read 13,760,768 times
Quote:
Good point. He was not running, but you are right, he did campaign. Ok, he lost that round. I have a feeling things will be different in 2012.

Old 07-12-2011, 09:13 PM

4,301 posts, read 7,033,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
All the actions of the right show me they are profoundly immature at best and insane at worst. I wish Obama was more successful in solving our problems through compromise, but look who he has to deal with! Millions of ignorant grumpkins sitting on their hands and pouting about not having their cake. And all those Republican toddlers in Congress too.
What a load. This thread, the OP even, is living proof right before your eyes that compromise is in fact major defeat. Any alternative deals are automatically "caving", "surrender", or "loss" in those exact words. One poster in particular has made that fact abundantly clear. Why would ANYONE want to compromise when the other side will automatically use that compromise as proof of weakness in the opponent. Then those same people (Democrats/Obama) turn around and whine, *****, and moan when nobody wants to compromise with them any more.

So please, go ahead and stick your head back in the sand and keep on being naive.

Old 07-12-2011, 10:07 PM

Quote:
What a load. This thread, the OP even, is living proof right before your eyes that compromise is in fact major defeat. Any alternative deals are automatically "caving", "surrender", or "loss" in those exact words. One poster in particular has made that fact abundantly clear. Why would ANYONE want to compromise when the other side will automatically use that compromise as proof of weakness in the opponent. Then those same people (Democrats/Obama) turn around and whine, *****, and moan when nobody wants to compromise with them any more.

So please, go ahead and stick your head back in the sand and keep on being naive.
Well, I would never have seen it as a "cave" if they had done the right thing straight away. McConnell's comments about wanting to see Obama fail created the impression that his agenda was personal destruction, with the debt limit as the tool. Grotesquely irresponsible, to say the least, and it backfired. He deserved to be laughed at.

Obama is a compromiser by nature, but a chess player under duress, it appears. He doesn't bluster and fold, like the TP crazies. I am impressed.

Old 07-12-2011, 10:11 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,465,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
I keep reading that Obama is a hopeless loser who could not arrange a sock drawer, but he got my attention by slam dunking the Clintons, burying McCain, pushing through health care, and vanquishing the GOP several times. Oh, and then there is that tall terrorist guy everyone wanted to catch.

Now, I really do think he wants to strike a decent bargain, but the TP contingent keeps having tantrums, then getting spanked.

He seems like a fairly cool, steady customer to me, and the people talking him down are looking sillier by the day.
You'd think the GOP would love him considering his health care plan was pretty much identical to theirs in the 90's. He captured and or killed top terrorist leaders including Bin Laden and basically rules from the center.

Old 07-12-2011, 10:13 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,952,231 times
Why? He's got a horde of mind-numbed lemmings who are incapable of objectively analyzing anything he does in his back pocket. The OP proves that.

Old 07-12-2011, 10:25 PM

4,410 posts, read 6,138,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Why? He's got a horde of mind-numbed lemmings who are incapable of objectively analyzing anything he does in his back pocket. The OP proves that.
And yet you offer nothing to back up your objective analysis...

Old 07-12-2011, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Well, I am impressed. Honestly, he is smart, studied, centrist, skilled at diplomacy, capable of reasoning and complexity,is patriotic without being an idiot about it, can give a good speech, can play hard ball,if needed, is not a flagrant criminal, and does not cheat on his wife or otherwise embarrass the office. That immediately puts him above all the presidents of my lifetime. Is he perfect, of course not. I like that he is centrist, because I am too.

For what it is worth, I liked McCain, another good man who flirted with the center, but he screwed up big time with Palin. None of the other candidates left or right seem to be remotely sensible or anywhere in Obama's league. Ron Paul? Ok, good man, but too far right for my taste. Romney? Spineless chameleon. The rest...yawn...or gag.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies