Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2012, 10:02 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,936,339 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidkitty View Post
Actually MOST christians don't seem to think like that at all. They keep their beliefs private,work live like every other Americans, and enjoy the benefits of modern society. What you have are fanatics who rely on a lower class that has none of those benefits to support their quest. Sadly the republican party seems to allow them way too much influence in their decision making which has damaging consequences for them.
I think the problem more lies in the many different ways to be a Christian..........if most Christian's don't see that our country has turned to relying on man to make it all good and tossing God to the side, believing He has no involvement wouldn't make them much of a Christian. You are right about Christians who live basic lives, are private unless asked.......... and nothing wrong with the benefits of modern society, after all the Christian's helped to build it also.

I think your wrong about the Republican party the less Godly a person is on the right the less likely they will be of great concern. Your right about being a fanatic that never works, but to be a lukewarm Christian is not the path a Republican should follow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2012, 10:15 AM

37,174 posts, read 19,194,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
One has to wander how the Op if the OP some how misssed the Rev Wright who was Obama's pastor and named mentor for 20 yrs and his whitey is evil sermons.Talk about the fringe in power.
I was never there to hear one of his sermons. Were you?

Old 02-28-2014, 07:41 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,730,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rural lady View Post
Why in the world would they want to stand beside these people?

It has gone way too far, I believe it now. Do all the republicans like what is happening here? Is Perry out of his mind?

Japans problems caused by some imagined Sun Goddess etc.

Rachel Maddow Show
Rachel Maddow???? LOLOLOLOLOL Mod, is there a rolling on floor laughing my ass off icon?

Old 02-28-2014, 07:44 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,730,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
I was never there to hear one of his sermons. Were you?
He does say "Government Fail"

Old 02-28-2014, 08:23 AM

5,734 posts, read 3,252,087 times
Rachel Maddow and MSNBC are just glorified supermarket tabloids.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rural lady View Post
Why in the world would they want to stand beside these people?

It has gone way too far, I believe it now. Do all the republicans like what is happening here? Is Perry out of his mind?

Japans problems caused by some imagined Sun Goddess etc.

Rachel Maddow Show
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies