Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2011, 01:24 PM

3,410 posts, read 4,467,648 times

Advertisements

The hotel wasn't blown up, it was attacked(actually 2 different hotels were attacked along with a couple of other locations); and I'm pretty positive Osama's boys weren't behind it. There are a plethora of terrorist groups that operate out of Pakistan. I wouldn't be surprised if some of the aid dollars that the US sends to Pakistan find their way into the hands of some of these groups.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2011, 01:26 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by psulions2007 View Post
At least 13 reported dead in India blasts - CNN.com

Going back to what I said a week or so ago about how India needs to take charge in dealing with Pakistan.... well, Pakistan needs to be extremely careful here. With the decay of the ability of the Pakistani government to successfully monitor its own country, enough of these attacks will trigger India to attack Pakistan to end it.
What do you think the US would do in case of that kind of war today? I mean, today they both hold nuclear weapons, and both are allies of the US except that only the Pakistani government is supposed to be an ally. The Israelis might want to watch how we react in this case.

Old 07-13-2011, 01:31 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,198,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
India cannot win against Pakistan, except a Phyrric victory.

It will be a dumb and pointless war of attrition
India has the manpower, the military hardware and I'm sure the assistance of Russia for additional military hardware.

Pakistan on the other hand at this moment has no-one to turn to for new military hardware....

Yes it will be a war of attrition, one in which Pakistan will loose

Old 07-13-2011, 01:34 PM

3,410 posts, read 4,467,648 times
India won't attack Pakistan as it will destabilize Pakistan, and that's the last thing India wants. In many ways Pakistan has ceased becoming a real country and is more or less a military, intelligence service, and a bunch of kleptocratic politicians/bureaucrats who the military tolerates because they funnel money to them. Intrigue abounds in the "Land of the Pure!"

Old 07-13-2011, 01:39 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerJAX View Post
The hotel wasn't blown up, it was attacked(actually 2 different hotels were attacked along with a couple of other locations); and I'm pretty positive Osama's boys weren't behind it. There are a plethora of terrorist groups that operate out of Pakistan. I wouldn't be surprised if some of the aid dollars that the US sends to Pakistan find their way into the hands of some of these groups.
Hmmmmm. I agree with you but I don't see how India could take us on which would hurt their job market seriously.

I really do wonder what Obama's czars would suggest we do.

Old 07-14-2011, 09:09 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,720,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
India has the manpower, the military hardware and I'm sure the assistance of Russia for additional military hardware.

Pakistan on the other hand at this moment has no-one to turn to for new military hardware....

Yes it will be a war of attrition, one in which Pakistan will loose
1. India does not have the spine.
2. India does not have the tactical military might to inflict a crushing defeat.
3. India will have to deal with the problem of tension with China (Pakistan's friend)
4. Indian stock market will plummet with investors running scared.
5. Manpower has nothing to do with victory. Alexander demonstrated that in Gaugamela, even when men were using horses, quills and scribes

Old 07-14-2011, 09:11 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,720,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
What do you think the US would do in case of that kind of war today? I mean, today they both hold nuclear weapons, and both are allies of the US except that only the Pakistani government is supposed to be an ally. The Israelis might want to watch how we react in this case.
India will never use the nuke firsthand. It will only be a retaliation, which is likely becoz frankly noone knows if the nukes in Pakistan are secure or not.

Military under Musharraf thought about launching a nuke in the 1999 war, without the knowledge and approval of Nawaz Sharif, then then Prime Minister. That's how their country runs LMAO

Old 07-14-2011, 09:22 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times
These terrorists should be treated as criminals and not given ANY political considerations.

Old 07-14-2011, 09:54 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,818,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerJAX View Post
It's a little too early to implicate Pakistan. Hell, I don't even think the Indian authorities have done so.
Good point, probably the most educated so far in this thread. I believe it was a reporter (listening on NPR last night) who brought out a fact that the three bombs were relatively crude productions. This was nothing like a detailed, organized effort like the previous attack. Pakistani influence may still be there, but at the same time, it would not be prudent to rule out other possibilities.
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
So tired of these Tea party terrorists.
India has its own version of tea baggers and Hindu fundamentalism is also a key ingredient in politics, especially in Mumbai.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies