Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2011, 12:58 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,321,408 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreedomThroughAnarchism View Post
I find that video highly disturbing for so many reasons, and I'm only up to the second of the four hours thusfar. That's one deep rabbit hole, depicted in the video.
It shows that the Government owns all the corporations.

I don't see how it would be much different if the corporations owned all of the Government, which I believe was an intriguing discussion between Hitler and Mussolini. (Who gets to be on top?)

Justice Roberts gives constitutional superiority to the Corporations.

This makes the Government the biotch.

It doesn't GET more fascist than this.

This is homosexual fascism.

Maybe the Koch brothers are heterofacists.

Naw! It's probably an incestuous corporation.

They ARE Southerners, after all.

Last edited by ergohead; 07-15-2011 at 01:22 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2011, 06:29 AM

9,855 posts, read 15,205,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
Well, I was just sharing an article. I suspect Bob Lutz is opinionated, and making a simplistic argument, but probably not as ignorant as you think. He's a pretty big shot.

That said, you bring up good points, and I don't mean to claim that all engineers are competent and ethical and all MBAs are not. Just wonder if the notion that profit and pride of craftmanship/service may have been skewed in recent years, by a shift in what we value.

Professional pride used to be very American, but I don't see it to the same degree as the past, in part because we seem to have fewer people in manufacturing and more in "financial services." I think creating wealth without a world class product or service is just shell game that in most cases is swindling one's fellow citizens.
I understand what you are saying, however professional pride exists in the same percentage across all segments. There are many MBAs who simply refuse to do business with unethical/dishonest people. The real problem today is honestly the media. It sells news to villainize top business people, as that is simply what the average citizen wants to hear in a down economy. People who thing all MBA's are evil seem to be the people who let the news dictate their thinking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
At the NIH, one of the lab chiefs ordered a new autoclave to replace the broken one. He showed purchasing exactly which one to order for the needed function.

Purchasing took it over to the "Chief" of the whole lab facility who was an MBA.

When the autoclave arrived it was not only the wrong one, it was the one the scientists all agreed had no purpose at this facility.

The MBA explained to the scientists that the one she ordered for them cost 20% less than the one they wanted.

The scientists informed the MBA that that particular model ALWAYS breaks down every six months, and the one they requested NEVER breaks down.

The MBA then informed the scientists that the one she ordered came with a lifetime warranty on all parts and labor.

The scientists informed the MBA that there is always a six-month down-time to repair the broken autoclave, and that during that down-time they couldn't perform their experiments.

The MBA informed the scientists that she had saved the Government $2,000.

The scientists informed the MBA that having 25 scientists standing around doing nothing for six months costs money.

Finally, the NIH hired a "liaison" to act as communicator between the bureaucratic culture and the scientific culture.

After 911, however, the bureaucrats (MBA down to the security guards) were given absolute power over the scientists.

Things REALLY got stupid after that.

And if the MBA did not make decisions like that, four people would have to have been laid off due to lack of funding. Pick your poison. The world is not perfect.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies