Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2011, 05:24 PM

9,229 posts, read 8,550,038 times

Advertisements

Dear Bent;

You seem to be caught in the past. Daniel Boone and Davey Crocket don't live here any more. Guns are for sport. Threatening posts are for -- well, forgive me for saying so, but only people who know they are losing need to be making threats.

I am sure there are things about your life that you can enjoy without waving around firearms.

Best wishes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2011, 05:34 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,290,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LookinForMayberry View Post
Dear Bent;

You seem to be caught in the past. Daniel Boone and Davey Crocket don't live here any more. Guns are for sport. Threatening posts are for -- well, forgive me for saying so, but only people who know they are losing need to be making threats.

I am sure there are things about your life that you can enjoy without waving around firearms.

Best wishes.
I'm a patriotic American that is looking forward to shooting my fellow Americans once the Armageddon arrives. Never once did it occur to me to help my neighbors out. That would be too liberal. Shoot first, ask questions later.

Yup, I love America.

Old 07-17-2011, 05:42 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,948,683 times
Quote:
Dear Bent;

Best wishes.
I am not so sure. He seems pretty well Bent.

Old 07-17-2011, 05:47 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,966,028 times
Quote:
Dear Bent;

Best wishes.
Not too sure if I am 'Bent' But if I am, you can't know where your going if you don't know where you came from. better I have 10,000 years of tech under my belt, and in my head, because I read it and then did it. Once I do something to the point of right, I can do it again anytime i want.

Can you be sure you always can with a PC? Will the PC feed you every time you feel hungery?

I am confused if I am the 'Bent' as I made no threat what so ever.

Old 07-17-2011, 05:48 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,698,072 times
Quote:
Dear Bent;

Best wishes.
But what good is haveing all of these guns if we can't threaten anyone who won't let them have their way

Old 07-17-2011, 05:51 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,948,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
But what good is haveing all of these guns if we can't threaten anyone who won't let them have their way
What if a person spends his whole life preparing for armageddon...and it never comes. Very sad, pathetic existance.

Old 07-17-2011, 05:56 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,221,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
I'm a patriotic American that is looking forward to shooting my fellow Americans once the Armageddon arrives. Never once did it occur to me to help my neighbors out. That would be too liberal. Shoot first, ask questions later.

Yup, I love America.
Where did that come from?
Country people help each other all the time and the majority of farmers are conservative in their politics.
break down in the country and without a doubt someone will stop to lend a hand. break down in LA and what happens?
A power outage or a natural disaster in the country and people trip over each other to help out.
Same in the city is an excuse to loot and tear the place apart.
The difference between country people and city people is most telling when city folks move to the country. All of a sudden you have a neighbor that cant get along with anyone else. They want everyobe to change for them and they never seem to run out of complaints. Just my personal obdervatiion of course.
Now who can most likely survive if society were to collapse?
Well no doubt you would some city folks pull together. You would also have your gangs to contend with.
Lord of the flies. The thinkers v.s the thugs. Im betting on the thugs because they have no morals and dont care who they hurt. Liberals or even average Joe's from the city do. Also the gangs are already armed.
In the country we dont have much of a problem with gangs and we are already used to helping each other out. We are also a lot less dependent upon big brother.
My money is on country people adapting and using what they were taught from childhood to come out of this disaster the best overall.

Old 07-17-2011, 05:59 PM

7,787 posts, read 8,029,439 times
the second amendment isn't about sport or hunting or Savior Faire blowing away the neighbors for fun.A gun is a tool that is sometimes necessary and the millions of gun owners in this country have the best safety record I can think of. car accidents,doctors,etc kill more citizens than law abiding gun owners.

Old 07-17-2011, 06:26 PM

I see now, Bent Bow...... I don't see where he made any threat.

Old 07-17-2011, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
the second amendment isn't about sport or hunting or Savior Faire blowing away the neighbors for fun.A gun is a tool that is sometimes necessary and the millions of gun owners in this country have the best safety record I can think of. car accidents,doctors,etc kill more citizens than law abiding gun owners.
Yes I agree.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies