Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2011, 06:45 PM

30,058 posts, read 18,645,635 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
You're kidding yourself. When it goes down, the intelligent, educated, organized people will organize and quickly take over every dimension of any new society, and will survive just fine. The survivalists living on burnt hamburger and peanuts will be given latrine detail.

........... I don't think so. While organization (and essentially reorganization) of essential items like food, water, and shelter will be the top priority, those who cannot defend themselves will sacrifice the former three items. I just cannot see a group of uptown liberals from NYC suddenly embracing firearms, survival tactics, and learning to defend themselves- it is against their nature. Those who have neglected these "skills" (which are the norm for us rednecks), might find themselves in jeopardy.

Let us hope that anarchy never visits our soil and that we remain at peace and civil with one another.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2011, 06:49 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,423,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
........... I don't think so. While organization (and essentially reorganization) of essential items like food, water, and shelter will be the top priority, those who cannot defend themselves will sacrifice the former three items. I just cannot see a group of uptown liberals from NYC suddenly embracing firearms, survival tactics, and learning to defend themselves- it is against their nature. Those who have neglected these "skills" (which are the norm for us rednecks), might find themselves in jeopardy.

Let us hope that anarchy never visits our soil and that we remain at peace and civil with one another.
Within 30 minutes the looters will be roaming the streets.

Old 07-17-2011, 07:41 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,208,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Within 30 minutes the looters will be roaming the streets.
Agreed.
In the cities especially the ones where personal firearms are banned where will the abiding folks find guns to protect themselves?
All the planning in the world won't help when you dont have the skill set to deliver.
Once again Lord of the Flies comes to mind.

Old 07-17-2011, 07:48 PM

78,866 posts, read 46,581,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LookinForMayberry View Post
Dear Bent;

You seem to be caught in the past. Daniel Boone and Davey Crocket don't live here any more. Guns are for sport. Threatening posts are for -- well, forgive me for saying so, but only people who know they are losing need to be making threats.

I am sure there are things about your life that you can enjoy without waving around firearms.

Best wishes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
I'm a patriotic American that is looking forward to shooting my fellow Americans once the Armageddon arrives. Never once did it occur to me to help my neighbors out. That would be too liberal. Shoot first, ask questions later.

Yup, I love America.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
I am not so sure. He seems pretty well Bent.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
But what good is haveing all of these guns if we can't threaten anyone who won't let them have their way
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
I see now, Bent Bow...... I don't see where he made any threat.

They never read.

Why let the truth, get in the way of an agenda

The truth has no agenda.

Old 07-17-2011, 08:02 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,949,825 times
BB, on or about pg 33 I placed in some pics. The comment kinda matched my picks

Sorry if I caused any harm thinkin' I was you, err was it you were me? Things are so difficult these days, who can tell?

Old 07-17-2011, 08:31 PM

2,046 posts, read 1,573,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchman01 View Post
The regions of this country that regularly contribute volunteers to the armed forces tend to come from the conservative regions of the country, not the west coast and the northeast, our liberal bastions. Liberals that can shoot are a distinct minority.
so true!!! and most of them probably quit. so no need to worry. they may be able to shoot but will they want to!!

Old 07-17-2011, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
BB, on or about pg 33 I placed in some pics. The comment kinda matched my picks

Sorry if I caused any harm thinkin' I was you, err was it you were me? Things are so difficult these days, who can tell?

I didn't get the quotes in the right order.

I was answering you in the first sentence.

and the rest was in reference to the previous 3 quotes.

Old 07-17-2011, 10:11 PM

5,756 posts, read 3,994,750 times
Quote:
I'm a patriotic American that is looking forward to shooting my fellow Americans once the Armageddon arrives. Never once did it occur to me to help my neighbors out. That would be too liberal. Shoot first, ask questions later.

Yup, I love America.
Well i'am a loving grandfather who has food and water and i would share its called christian charity.There are those that will want what i have without regard of my little angels then they will receive my wrath.

Old 07-17-2011, 10:17 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,423,802 times
Quote:

Yup, I love America.
What ... that's not liberal at all.

Liberal is sitting outside your front door waiting for FEMA to arrive and give you water and food and flashlights and toilet paper and all the necessities of life because you didn't prepare.

Old 07-17-2011, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbdowndemocrats View Post
Well i'am a loving grandfather who has food and water and i would share its called christian charity.There are those that will want what i have without regard of my little angels then they will receive my wrath.

Rural communities are very tight with everyone, who knows everyone and everyone knows everyone's business and already help those that cannot help themselves. Not many government agencies ready to help out in BFE
Charity among the community to survive, already exist in Redneckville.

The city slickers rely on so many government services and agencies to survive in the sardine can of hell. Without government, they would eat themselves in the filth that would pile up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies