Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2011, 06:49 AM

5,993 posts, read 3,729,860 times

Advertisements

I have a question for all you rednecks: What are you going to do when you run out of bullets? You know they can't last forever and if you have food stockpiled then it's just a matter of time before some of us organized "city slickers" overrun your little encampment and take what we want.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2011, 07:08 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,858,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
I have a question for all you rednecks: What are you going to do when you run out of bullets? You know they can't last forever and if you have food stockpiled then it's just a matter of time before some of us organized "city slickers" overrun your little encampment and take what we want.
You wouldn't even KNOW how to get here...just an FYI on ammo running out....

Over 1.5 BILLION rounds of ammunition were bought in December 2008....one month.

Old 08-13-2011, 07:19 AM

711 posts, read 1,510,887 times
Quote:
You obviously have never been shot at before. 100 people running at me and me with my semi 223, all I have to do is put a couple rounds over their heads and see how fast they turn and run. Anyone who decides to be brave or stupid would ultimately learn a deadly lesson.

Old 08-13-2011, 09:15 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,470,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Well this city slicker liberal can still shoot at least 2.5 MOA at 800 meters with a stock Remington 700 chambered in .308 and has absolutely no problem hitting center mass with a G27 at 25 yards. Now while it is true that I don't presently own any scoped rifles, procuring one when need isn't all that difficult. I would further note that amongst my friends and acquaintances, 2 former special forces, a hand full of Marines and a squad of Army veterans from Vietnam to Afghanistan (liberals all), there are quite a few who are far better at war craft than I. So please do not make the same mistake that the confederacy made in 1860 or on the other hand, please do.

PS- There is a huge difference between Billy Bob deer poacher and folks who have been there and back.
This one makes the most sense to me.

Your premise is flawed when you gloat over starvation hitting those city dwellers. That has proven through history to be the biggest motivator of survival of all time.

Regardless of how secure yu might think you are in your bunker out there in the boonies, a rabid hoard of starving city dwellers smelling those k-rats you just finished heating on your primus stove, will overun you while you're making a clip change in that Armalite.

Ovacatto for one, would probably head to his neighbourhood Abacrombie and Fitch in downtown New York, out-fit himself with some big-arse long gun, pack a ruck-sack, head out and sit on a ridge line waiting for you to take a dump, go for water or open your viewing port then feed his neighbours off your spoils. that don't work he might go to his nearest National Guard armory and sign out a Bradley.

You can joke about this stuff all you like but city dwellers can revert to their rural roots or their previous military training in a Saskatchewan Second when survival requires it. They're not all as helpless as those alcoholics pictured wading around pushing a raft with their beer supplies on it in New Orleans.

Couple that with their organizational predisposition and you individuals out there in your huts would be seeing them come at you from all sides at once.

You get hungry enough all bets are off things that go "bang" are going to have any meaningful impact to dissuade you from your next meal.

Old 08-13-2011, 09:49 AM

3,100 posts, read 3,299,875 times
Backwoods rednecks are backwoods rednecks for a reason.

Old 08-13-2011, 10:00 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,435,652 times
Quote:
I have a question for all you rednecks: What are you going to do when you run out of bullets?
Make more.

Quote:
You know they can't last forever and if you have food stockpiled then it's just a matter of time before some of us organized "city slickers" overrun your little encampment and take what we want.
LOL! City critters will be too busy ripping each other apart as they starve to death. City critters lack the cognitive skills to deal with reality.

Old 08-13-2011, 10:14 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,611,282 times
Quote:
Define "redneck". If you are stereotyping all rural dwellers as uneducated shine swillers sans most of their teeth and eating roadkill you will receive a huge shock when you show up out here with taking what you want in mind.
Rather overconfident in statements like that. Kinda....amusing, in an annoying sort of manner. So, ifn this hypothetical breakdown ever truly comes to pass, I will scan the skyline for these droves of organized urban commandos with fear in my heart.
Lmao....methinks the supplies they will expend just getting out here might get those enlightened brains sizzling a.bit.

Old 08-13-2011, 11:29 AM

5,993 posts, read 3,729,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
You wouldn't even KNOW how to get here...just an FYI on ammo running out....

Over 1.5 BILLION rounds of ammunition were bought in December 2008....one month.
Oooooo I'm scared! I would surmise that you have one billionth of that amount. Like I said it's gonna run out and you WILL be found...LOL!

Old 08-13-2011, 11:35 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,284,243 times
If Armageddon happens the rednecks are in a better position.

However in a civilized society, educated people with skills who know how to read and socialize will fair better.

Old 08-13-2011, 11:42 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,858,721 times
Quote:
Oooooo I'm scared! I would surmise that you have one billionth of that amount. Like I said it's gonna run out and you WILL be found...LOL!
No,I only have a few thousand rounds....how much do you have on hand?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies