Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2011, 12:11 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,454,215 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
Votes are more polarized across party lines under Obama as opposed to Clinton.\
And so what does THAT have to do with "race"?

You said they're polarized along party lines....

Old 07-14-2011, 12:11 PM

2,085 posts, read 2,469,103 times
BTW, there is no proof that skin color makes a good or a bad president. The man happens to be horrible at it. I'm pretty sure that it has nothing to do with his skin color.

Old 07-14-2011, 12:12 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,555,075 times
the race card gets thrown so often by leftists on this forum that it's getting as transparent as a single-ply kleenex.

Old 07-14-2011, 12:14 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,933,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cougfan View Post
Clinton was/is a Politician

Obama is an ideologue

Go from there.

Seriously, I should ask that why, to this day so many Whites still can't accept Clearence Thomas??? Is it him being Black???
Most of the whites that can't accept Clarence Thomas are white liberals. Look at how they treat Hermain Cain, and conservative women. They have tolerance and love for those minorities and women who stay on the Democrat Plantation but cry foul and death for those that dare to leave the plantation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waianaegirl View Post
BTW, there is no proof that skin color makes a good or a bad president. The man happens to be horrible at it. I'm pretty sure that it has nothing to do with his skin color.
My sister has been accused of harboring racist views by another moonbat because she had the brains to vote for McCain in 2008. Can't expect nothing else from fringe leftist loons

Old 07-14-2011, 12:17 PM

45,383 posts, read 60,575,206 times
Quote:
Votes are more polarized across party lines under Obama as opposed to Clinton.\

Not really. Clinton had the gift of being able to compromise and knowing when to do so. Gingrich had tighter control of the House Republicans than Boehner does.

What you seem to have ignored is that the Democrats controlled the House during Clinton's first term.

Old 07-14-2011, 12:18 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,222,878 times
Quote:
I don't remember Clinton having a hard time with Republicans in congress like Obama is having.
Why do you say he is black when his mother is white?

Old 07-14-2011, 12:19 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,454,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Not really. Clinton had the gift of being able to compromise and knowing when to do so. Gingrich had tighter control of the House Republicans than Boehner does.

What you seem to have ignored is that the Democrats controlled the House during Clinton's first term.
Right, and his second term is when the republicans took control held it thru bush's two terms and then went back to dem with Obama for a very short time... and back to repub.

Congress works better with a republican majority.

Although dems controlled the house from 1955 until 1995.

Even Reagan had to appeal to the Democrat majority during both of his terms. I think Reagan compromised more than Obama will.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...epresentatives

Old 07-14-2011, 12:19 PM

2,085 posts, read 2,469,103 times
Obama is the king of the blame game. I have never heard anyone blame others more than Obama. Ever.

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 07-14-2011 at 02:09 PM.. Reason: Edited out reference to deleted post

Old 07-14-2011, 12:30 PM

1,161 posts, read 1,859,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Most of the whites that can't accept Clarence Thomas are white liberals. Look at how they treat Hermain Cain, and conservative women. They have tolerance and love for those minorities and women who stay on the Democrat Plantation but cry foul and death for those that dare to leave the plantation

My sister has been accused of harboring racist views by another moonbat because she had the brains to vote for McCain in 2008. Can't expect nothing else from fringe leftist loons
So true, being I live in SC, I get the typical "Southerners hate Blacks, etc." routine by my friends in the Northeast - but when I ask them about forced busing, NINA, or maybe they should talk to Bill Russell/Jim Rice/Paul Pierce (or a host of other Black athletes who played in Boston sometime) - somehow that is "different".

Which is funny, since I lived in the Northeast for over 20 years - so that BS doesn't fly!

Old 07-14-2011, 12:34 PM

1,650 posts, read 3,864,927 times
Quote:
I don't remember Clinton having a hard time with Republicans in congress like Obama is having.
This is the dumbest thing I have read all day. Let's stop playing the race card okay. Maybe Obama is a bit RADICAL for the republicans. Obama refuses to compromise and would rather Congress not exist so he could be a dictator. Clinton compromised and passed WELFARE REFORM in 1996. Remember???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies