Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2011, 10:54 PM

3,282 posts, read 5,201,780 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Being able to own things that are your own is one of the things that makes America unique
According to Rick Perry, the entire world save America has abolished private property overnight. The media must just be really slow picking this one up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2011, 11:19 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,449,172 times
Obama and his Democrats may be bad news for the nation - we need to get someone else in. Sure, I'll buy it.

But where do we get these backwoods hilljack rubes from? These people have scary, medieval mindsets - they really remind me of the nutjobs in the Middle East. Is that what we really need? Can we not find some more intelligent people as viable alternatives to Obama?

Old 07-14-2011, 11:24 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,947,295 times
Pulling a nice strawman argument in favor of Perry Bo Berry. But Perry Bo Berry Banana Fanna Fo Fairy did not do anything good for Texas or America. And putting anything into God's hands isn't going to help with anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXboomerang View Post
As a Texan I will say that Rick Perry is a clown and not trustworthy. That being said, electing him as president would put a FAR more qualified person in the White House. Just look at the Texas economy vs the rest of the nation. No, its not all perfect, but with TX creating more jobs than any other state by a HUGE margin, it is clear we need to fire Obama and put somebody in place that actually gives a flying fock about creating jobs. Obama has been talking about creating jobs yet laughing when questioned about the "shovel ready" jobs the Dems were so certain the trillion dollar stimulus would create and admitting there weren't really that many shovel ready jobs. But hey, thanks for the $trillion$!!

Old 07-14-2011, 11:26 PM

Obama is better than Perry Bo Berry because he isn't a semi-schizophrenic religious oaf. If God is so powerful why hasn't he saved Texas and the rest of the states from the economic toilet that it is in?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post

But where do we get these backwoods hilljack rubes from? These people have scary, medieval mindsets - they really remind me of the nutjobs in the Middle East. Is that what we really need? Can we not find some more intelligent people as viable alternatives to Obama?

Old 07-14-2011, 11:34 PM

2,023 posts, read 5,312,708 times
The Democrats need another candidate for president badly. Hopefully someone steps up soon. Ralph Nader called George Bush something like a large corporation masquerading as a human being and the exact same thing could be said about Obama. Total corporate capture of government is here and Rick Perry would do little to put a stop to it.

Old 07-14-2011, 11:51 PM

7,727 posts, read 12,620,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Obama is better than Perry Bo Berry because he isn't a semi-schizophrenic religious oaf. If God is so powerful why hasn't he saved Texas and the rest of the states from the economic toilet that it is in?
What economic toilet? 4 Texas cities (San Antonio, Dallas, Austin, & Houston) are doing economically well in the midst of the country recovering from the recession. Your using baseless arguments to try to prove a point you don't have. But I'm not tripping. I live in Texas and ever since I moved here, everyone from across the country is trying to live here for the jobs and low cost of living. People are moving from other countries just to be here. I know the deal. Your just putting your head in the sand to deny the facts.

God is not a fantasy. He's real and he blesses those who worship him. That's why our state is doing the best right now. It's funny how when this country was mostly religious, that's when America had the most jobs and economy boosted it to world power status. Now that America is getting anti-religious and ultra liberal, it has lost world power status and China (which started letting Christian missionaries again and now has 80+ million Christians) is now the world power. You think God doesn't exist and isn't watching the nations? Please.

Last edited by allenk893; 07-15-2011 at 12:04 AM..

Old 07-14-2011, 11:53 PM

You are astroturfing because a lot of people are not in good situations in Texas.

Dallas, Houston, and San Antonio are okay cities but it's not because religion made them good nor because Rick Perry did anything special.

And Austin is a dump.

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
What economic toilet? 4 Texas cities (San Antonio, Dallas, Austin, & Houston) are doing economically well in the midst of the country recovering from the recession. Your using baseless arguments to try to prove a point you don't have. But I'm not tripping. I live in Texas and ever since I moved here, everyone from across the country is trying to live here for the jobs and low cost of living. People are moving from other countries just to be here. I know the deal. Your just putting your head in the sand to deny the facts.

God is not a fantasy. He's real and he blesses those who worship him. That's why our state is doing the best right now. It's funny how when this country was mostly religious, that's when America had the most jobs and economy boosted it to world power status. Now that America is getting anti-religious and ultra liberal, it has lost world power status and China (which started letting Christian missionaries again and now has 80+ million Christians) is now the world power. You think God don't exist and is watching the nations? Please.

Old 07-15-2011, 12:23 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,449,172 times
Quote:
God is not a fantasy. He's real and he blesses those who worship him. That's why our state is doing the best right now. It's funny how when this country was mostly religious, that's when America had the most jobs and economy boosted it to world power status. Now that America is getting anti-religious and ultra liberal, it has lost world power status and China (which started letting Christian missionaries again and now has 80+ million Christians) is now the world power. You think God doesn't exist and isn't watching the nations? Please.
Wow. You're one of those nutty Jerry Falwell types who thinks that earthquakes and hurricanes are punishments from God, huh?

Of course, your state just happens to be the Chosen Land. How convenient.

Old 07-15-2011, 12:35 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,123,156 times
Quote:

Are those Christian missionaries wearing Walmart T-shirts? China's new found money and power has nothing to do with right wing love of corporations and monopolies...right?

BTW...When was the country "mostly religious"?

Oh yeah..the next time that you are conversing with God, can you ask him why he gave the Muslims most of the oil???

Last edited by sickofnyc; 07-15-2011 at 12:43 AM..

Old 07-15-2011, 01:01 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,013,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cry_havoc View Post
Ive lived in Texas, and almost everyone I met hates Perry with a passion, but some people are obviously voting for him. He is such a terrible and corrupt governor.
For people that all hate him you elected him three times to be governor. You must have not gotten around much if "everyone" you met, hates him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies