Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2011, 01:51 PM

26,212 posts, read 19,509,699 times

Advertisements

The Chamber Of Commerce, Koch Bros., etc, etc, have spent ginormous amounts of money in attacking the relatively powerless Environmental Protection Agency, and it's no surprise, considering how they destroy the environment and don't want to be responsible for destroying the environment to make all those dolla's......$$$$$$$$

Quote:
The Wall Street Journal editorial page is effectively a lobbying arm of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, so it's no big shock to find it inveighing against EPA's upcoming toxics rule. Nor, this being the WSJ, is it much of a surprise to find the editorial packed with faulty reasoning and errors of fact. (Their evidence of high costs? "The power industry estimates that the true costs of the utility rule will far exceed the EPA estimates." Well then!) If you have the stomach for it, Media Matters plods through about a dozen of the mistakes, debunking as they go.
EPA bashers aren’t protecting ‘jobs,’ they’re protecting polluters | Grist
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2011, 01:57 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,820,716 times
i dont advocate completely eliminating the EPA, however i DO advocate that we reign them in. as for the article you linked to, what they fail to show is that while individual regulations dont cost much, when you add up the total cost of ALL the regulations put out by the EPA, it gets quite expensive indeed. unnecessary regulation only costs business money to comply with and does NOTHING to improve the environment.

Old 07-15-2011, 02:01 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,943,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
i dont advocate completely eliminating the EPA, however i DO advocate that we reign them in. as for the article you linked to, what they fail to show is that while individual regulations dont cost much, when you add up the total cost of ALL the regulations put out by the EPA, it gets quite expensive indeed. unnecessary regulation only costs business money to comply with and does NOTHING to improve the environment.

Of course we are all fine in living in this environment as long as the Koch brothers are happy.

Old 07-15-2011, 02:06 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,806,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
i dont advocate completely eliminating the EPA, however i DO advocate that we reign them in.
Have an agency for namesake?

Old 07-15-2011, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Have an agency for namesake?
To give the illusion that they actually are doing something.

Old 07-15-2011, 02:28 PM

9,982 posts, read 13,755,730 times
Social conservative pitbulls are all worked up because their corporate overlords have told their army of spin doctors to tell them to be. It is that simple. No rational person is for degrading environmental quality. But the easily duped are doomed to repeat history.

Old 07-15-2011, 02:32 PM

9,982 posts, read 13,755,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
I see we have an expert. I know a lot of people in EPA, and they are exceptionally competent and hardworking. PhD level experts on atmospheric chemistry, toxicology, water quality, hydrology, ecology,etc. How many do you know?

Old 07-15-2011, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
I see we have an expert. I know a lot of people in EPA, and they are exceptionally competent and hardworking. PhD level experts on atmospheric chemistry, toxicology, water quality, hydrology, ecology,etc. How many do you know?
Maybe I was not clear. I support having the EPA with the power to regulate and enforce. Please reread what I was responding to on the thread and actually see my thread on the same issue.

Not an expert. Just someone who has to breath the air and drink the water.

Old 07-15-2011, 02:51 PM

4,154 posts, read 4,170,113 times
EPA need to be eliminated.

This is the problem with government. The left hand cannot agree with right hand.

For example. I know Obama and Bush, etc has promoted green energy. Solar and Wind are green energy. But in order to build these a solar plant in a dessert, the EPA must approved it. Good like getting them approve.

Old 07-15-2011, 02:54 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,806,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
Consider the premise they operate upon, they are bound to need something "government run" so they can push the blame onto.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies