Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2011, 02:20 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,806,250 times

Advertisements

NRA: 'Anti-gun elitists' at UN - US news - Life - msnbc.com

So is this the dreaded gun registration boogey-man that firearms owners have long feared?

Last edited by Chango; 07-15-2011 at 02:36 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2011, 02:24 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,920,640 times
Fear, no.
Remain vigilant to protect and defend the 2nd Amendment to the US Constitution, yet.

I suggest the OP actually read the fine print of the US Small Arms Treaty on the UN website before mocking that no such thing will happen.

In every country where registration has been instituted confiscation has followed.

Right now the largest traffikers of illegal firearms in the USA are the DOJ, BATFE & DEA. Start with them first.

Should be merged with the earlier thread: //www.city-data.com/forum/polit...ms-treaty.html

Old 07-15-2011, 02:29 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,806,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Fear, no.
Remain vigilant to protect and defend the 2nd Amendment to the US Constitution, yet.

I suggest the OP actually read the fine print of the US Small Arms Treaty on the UN website before mocking that no such thing will happen.

In every country where registration has been instituted confiscation has followed.

Right now the largest traffikers of illegal firearms in the USA are the DOJ, BATFE & DEA. Start with them first.
Actually I'm not mocking, I'm way over on the pro-gun side with a safe full of scary guns.

The NRA is slightly over-the-top in my opinion but even they rarely resort to scare tactics. I take it you agree with the NRA interpretation, Mogal?

Old 07-15-2011, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
Actually I'm not mocking, I'm way over on the pro-gun side with a safe full of scary guns.

The NRA is slightly over-the-top, in my opinion but even they rarely resort to scare tactics. I take it you agree with the NRA interpretation, Mogal?
I have read the UN Small Arms Treaty. It does address registration. I suggest you read it.

GOA, SAF, and CCRKBA are more vigilant 2A organizations if you think the NRA is over the top. NRA sells out gun owners all the time and as such they are hardly "no compromise".

Old 07-15-2011, 03:29 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,618,691 times
Quote:
I have read the UN Small Arms Treaty. It does address registration. I suggest you read it.

GOA, SAF, and CCRKBA are more vigilant 2A organizations if you think the NRA is over the top. NRA sells out gun owners all the time and as such they are hardly "no compromise".
True...I dropped the NRA quite a spell back. That said the UN has been a favored tool of anti 2A agendas though. Its fact. The UN IS a dangerous entity that has been slavering to get at our constitution for some time. It behooves us to keep an eye on that body and what our govt is brewing with them.

Old 07-15-2011, 03:35 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,922,556 times
UN treaties are the backdoor to amend the Constitution the Progressive way. Progressives want to get rid of the 2nd Amendment but they can't because it requires a supermajority in Congress and 3/4 of the states to agree to an amendment as opposed to 2/3 of just the Senate to ratify a UN treaty. But the presidency in the past even bypassed those rules by executive fiat from the executive bureaucracy. Since the president can't get his carbon tax, CO2 regulations, gun control passed the Congress at all, he'll just issue bureaucratic burdens that would be a de facto enforcement provision.

Old 07-15-2011, 03:49 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,973,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
NRA: 'Anti-gun elitists' at UN - US news - Life - msnbc.com

So is this the dreaded gun registration boogey-man that firearms owners have long feared?
Send your money to the NRA right away!

Old 07-15-2011, 04:13 PM

29,407 posts, read 21,998,309 times
Quote:

Getting some folks to read what they're posting about is like getting a congressman/woman to read a bill they're voting on. Aint gonna happen. Headlines suffice for many.

Old 07-15-2011, 04:53 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,684,227 times
For all its faults if you are RKBA but not a NRA member then you are cutting off your nose to spite your face. IMO of course.

Old 07-15-2011, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
True...I dropped the NRA quite a spell back. That said the UN has been a favored tool of anti 2A agendas though. Its fact. The UN IS a dangerous entity that has been slavering to get at our constitution for some time. It behooves us to keep an eye on that body and what our govt is brewing with them.
I wasn't suggesting anyone drop his/her NRA membership, just pointing out that there are others as well, coincidentally, whom sent out e-mail alerts on the UN Small Arms Treaty and the threat of registration contained within as well. The NRA is without a doubt the biggest dog in the fight. However, the smaller organizations do a good job at fighting the good fight as well, especially when it comes to fighting in the courts at the state/municipal levels.

It is my opinion that folks should belong to at least 2 or more pro-2A organizations (national and state levels) if they care about their RKBA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies