Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2011, 08:08 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,774,139 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Is he running for political office?
When his wife makes statements saying she listens to every decision he makes, and her very political career was her husband's decision, then yes, he's running for political office. Michelle is merely the face of the campaign. Her husband is the voice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2011, 09:43 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
I'm willing to accept he was misunderstood. I still don't think he or his wife stand a chance in hell at winning so I don't really care.

Old 07-16-2011, 12:26 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,123,773 times
Liberals...and especially gays....owe the guy an apology. Even if you don't like him, you have no right to shame him in public because of your own misunderstanding of his words.

Old 07-16-2011, 12:28 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,670,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Liberals...and especially gays....owe the guy an apology. Even if you don't like him, you have no right to shame him in public because of your own misunderstanding of his words.
I'm sure they'll get over it without any apology from anyone. If he and his wife can't handle this little dust-up, then they certainly aren't ready to lead this country.

Old 07-16-2011, 12:47 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,123,773 times
If science can't prove why gays are gay......and religious folks can't prove that homosexuality is wrong beyond faith in The Word, then it seems to me homosexuals and religious folks are on equal footing. So why do you insist that you are right, and Dr. Bachmann is wrong?

It's not like you have irrefutable proof to suggest that homosexuality is "right." But you sure don't mind trying to prove that the Dr. is "wrong." Makes no sense. The argument is not logical.

Old 07-16-2011, 01:12 AM

23,654 posts, read 17,511,041 times
George Bush is against gay marriage, Laura Bush is for gay marriage. It's called disagreeing with your spouse, it's done all the time between couples.

I guess you also think Bill would be in charge if Hillary was elected? So much for gender discrimination.

Old 07-16-2011, 01:31 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,564,791 times
Quote:
I agree. They latch onto anything they can to ridicule good people simply trying to live by the creed, and uphold traditional family values. I believe most of the population appreciates that type of committment. Tolerance of gays and trannies is one thing, acceptance is another. Forced acceptance requires gov't authority over parental authority, which is the direction we are heading. That is what Hitler did. He indoctrinated the children, then had them snitching on their parents. I hear the smirking, but that is what we are witnessing. I, for one, welcome a pushback from the religious community.
As for being subservient to her husband, the left has completely misunderstood that concept. It's one of mutual respect, listening to eachother, and coming to an agreement regarding matters affecting their marriage, children, and the footprint they leave behind together.
Michele is highly accomplished in her own right, while she will undoubtedly consult with her husband, she has the last word on how to approach the current problems of this country.
I don't think Barry does much of anything without Michelle's approval.

Old 07-16-2011, 02:16 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,670,280 times
Quote:
If science can't prove why gays are gay......and religious folks can't prove that homosexuality is wrong beyond faith in The Word, then it seems to me homosexuals and religious folks are on equal footing. So why do you insist that you are right, and Dr. Bachmann is wrong?

It's not like you have irrefutable proof to suggest that homosexuality is "right." But you sure don't mind trying to prove that the Dr. is "wrong." Makes no sense. The argument is not logical.
I think I'll trust the major medical organizations of the world and their research over "Dr." Bachmann's opinion.

People who believe that religion and science are on equal footing are truly delusional.

Old 07-16-2011, 04:03 AM

18,381 posts, read 19,020,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
I think I'll trust the major medical organizations of the world and their research over "Dr." Bachmann's opinion.

People who believe that religion and science are on equal footing are truly delusional.
can't rep you more
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies