Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2011, 05:08 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,123,773 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
This is pretty stupid.

You don't have to be a liberal or a conservative to grasp the obvious fact that raising taxes on all taxpayers is not the same thing as one person donating money to the treasury.
You are free to give as much as you want to pay down the debt. If you have specific causes that you believe should be funded, then you should pay for them. Fair's fair, right? Why should I pay for your pet causes, and vice versa?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2011, 05:14 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,198,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
Effort is better spent removing Republicans from decision-making positions. Pubs don't belong at the table. They have never proven themselves capable of running an economy, balancing a budget, or eliminating the deficit. In fact, their participation causes the problem to get WORSE.

As long as Pubs have a say, the economy suffers along with every other issue domestic and foreign. This is clear.

yeah right, maybe dems dont belong at that table either as they like to restrict the freedoms of the people they are supposed to be serving.

maybe get rid of both parties for their mis-management of the goverment would be the ideal choice.

please remember it is not the responsibility of the goverment to pay for any social issue foreign or domestic. getting involved with foreign issues and domestic social issues is nothing but walking down the road to ruin, as noted by the deficit that both cons and dems have gotten the USA into.

Last edited by monkeywrenching; 07-16-2011 at 05:41 AM..

Old 07-16-2011, 05:36 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Do spending cuts not mean shrinking government? I've yet to see a Democratic plan to cut spending. The only time it has come up at all is because the President's hand has been forced by Republicans. So, tell me, how do you calculate that the GOP doesn't intend to shrink government? Democrats are in the way. They need to step out of the path and let conservatives make an effort to make deep cuts.

PS...how much money have you donated to the Treasury to support your pet causes?
#1 Your thread is based on BS as I for one have never stated I wanted more revenues for government to waste.

#2 The sainted Ronnie, champion of the GOP, GREW government during his tenure so WHY should I believe any of the rhetoric the GOP currently spouts?

#3 Are you not sucking at the government teat?, working a job created by yet anoter of the asinine wars of choice we start with NO no benefit to the US? Because here's a clue, THAT is not one of my 'pet causes'. Why don't you comment on that waste?

Old 07-16-2011, 05:44 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,554,229 times
Why should I donate when repubs waste just as much money as dems. Why should my money go towards funding military bands or ethanol subsidies or farm subsidies, etc etc etc.

Old 07-16-2011, 06:01 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
You want more revenues for government to waste? You want to secure the vote of the leeches?

Then open your wallet, or shut your mouth. The USA is Taxed Enough Already.

I suspect none of you have the fortitude to step up to the plate and literally put your money where your mouth is.

https://www.pay.gov/paygov/forms/for...ormId=23779454
This is a perfect program.

Certainly there are enough liberals out there who believe in paying more taxes who now have a way to do so.

How much more fair can it be? You want taxes - then you pay taxes, no one is stopping you.

Old 07-16-2011, 06:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
This is pretty stupid.

You don't have to be a liberal or a conservative to grasp the obvious fact that raising taxes on all taxpayers is not the same thing as one person donating money to the treasury.
One person? Why one? Certainly there is more than just one liberal out there. Why not EVERY liberal? And even those who call themselves conservatives who think the taxes are too low can get in on this.

16,880 posts, read 15,198,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
This is a perfect program.

Certainly there are enough liberals out there who believe in paying more taxes who now have a way to do so.

How much more fair can it be? You want taxes - then you pay taxes, no one is stopping you.

they wont do it, as liberals and alot of republicans think that everyone should pay, not just them.

to me both parties are being hypocritical.

20,948 posts, read 19,051,128 times
They never did and never will.

Old 07-16-2011, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
they wont do it, as liberals and alot of republicans think that everyone should pay, not just them.

to me both parties are being hypocritical.
But this is a great way to stop the hypocrisy. If you don't believe in more taxes, then you shouldn't contribute but if you do believe in more taxes then you should.

I believe liberals outnumber the conservatives (that's how Obama got elected) and this is an excellent compromise -- they will still get significant more tax revenue if just the liberals contribute.

Old 07-16-2011, 06:11 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,381,866 times
Does no one on this forum ever tire of the "us v. them" threads based solely on Dem/Repub or liberal/conservative? There's enough blame for our spending levels to go around, no need to draw lines.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies