Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2011, 11:25 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,659,032 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistygrl092 View Post
Ok, here is where you are wrong. You did not have the choice of your eye color anymore than anyone else had the choice in their sexual orientation.

However, you do have the right to stand on a corner or in a parade saying "I wish I'd been born with X color of eyes or validate my color of eyes!" Gays do as well.

My whole schtick is that it actually undermines their efforts at acceptance. Having lived in San Francisco, I know what I am talking about.
Sugar, I PROMISE you I KNOW what I'm talking about. I'm not trying to be mean...or pious. WE, all flesh and blood human beings....are born with a Sinful nature. As we grow...we are tempted to 'sin.' Some choose different kinds of sin....But all mankind is confronted with this problem.

Old 07-16-2011, 11:25 PM

5,546 posts, read 9,995,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
This whole debate is about a single word, who may use it to define their sexual relationships and the changes which would take place when others use the word for their own purposes.
Well, my philosophy is this. The word marriage has been an institution for thousands of years. Typically, it is between the opposite sex. I see no reason we cannot have another word for people who are gay and grant them the same rights.

I mean, after all, we have two different words - gay or straight. Why must we use the same word to express a bond? That word would be marriage, in case anyone is confused. So why can't we have have another word (with the same rights) for those who are gay and wish to bond?

Old 07-16-2011, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post
Sugar, I PROMISE you I KNOW what I'm talking about. I'm not trying to be mean...or pious. WE, all flesh and blood human beings....are born with a Sinful nature. As we grow...we are tempted to 'sin.' Some choose different kinds of sin....But all mankind is confronted with this problem.
Wow, we share different perspectives. First of all, I don't believe in the concept of sin. There are things we do for ourselves, against ourselves and likewise with others. They are not good always. We do the best we can at the time. So you and I are worlds apart.

Old 07-16-2011, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Wow, we share different perspectives. First of all, I don't believe in the concept of sin. There are things we do for ourselves, against ourselves and likewise with others. They are not good always. We do the best we can at the time. So you and I are worlds apart.
Well, perhaps I would agree. Heaven and earth...are worlds apart.

Old 07-16-2011, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Well, perhaps I would agree. Heaven and earth...are worlds apart.
OMG, if you actually believe in that, I am sorry for you. I am happy my mother believes this way, but I must point out the most intelligent people I've run across are atheists. And the most dumb are, well, true believers.

BTW, where are the Muslims going, the Jews going, etc? Tell me where the little 5 year old in Iraq who was a Muslim is going when his only "sin" was being on the street when he was killed.

No doubt you voted for that very policy that killed that child. I did not.

Old 07-16-2011, 11:47 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,268,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
This whole debate is about a single word, who may use it to define their sexual relationships and the changes which would take place when others use the word for their own purposes.
and marriage has changed meanings over time. It started as a way for a MAN to lay claim to a woman and own her. In some cultures, marriage meant that he paid to make sure that he was the "father" of any child born of the woman he laid with (hence whores).

funny how words can change their meanings over time.

Old 07-16-2011, 11:48 PM

Quote:
OMG, if you actually believe in that, I am sorry for you. I am happy my mother believes this way, but I must point out the most intelligent people I've run across are atheists. And the most dumb are, well, true believers.

BTW, where are the Muslims going, the Jews going, etc? Tell me where the little 5 year old in Iraq who was a Muslim is going when his only "sin" was being on the street when he was killed.

No doubt you voted for that very policy that killed that child. I did not.
Wrong. I don't vote. I don't trust any of these candidates. But, you must know God, and HIS Grace and Mercy....then you can find some peace about those questions you ask.

Old 07-16-2011, 11:49 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,268,742 times
Quote:
Wrong. I don't vote. I trust any of these candidates. But, you must know God, and HIS Grace and Mercy....then you can find some peace about those questions you ask.
Are you referring to that imaginary and fictional character in that fairytale book called the Bible?

Last I looked, no fictional character has control over my life.

Old 07-16-2011, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Wrong. I don't vote. I don't trust any of these candidates. But, you must know God, and HIS Grace and Mercy....then you can find some peace about those questions you ask.
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh....you don't vote. Well, you'll get no points for that.

Sorry, I do not believe in a cloud being who is a male and to whom I have to beg. Besides, I've seen people pray for things like parking spots and no thank you. I am above it.

Old 07-16-2011, 11:56 PM

1,457 posts, read 2,027,339 times
perhaps a different perspective on the issue should be relative to human nature. to those that understand that we as a people, are not unlike animals. we will always judge each other, we all do....and if you think you dont you are lying to yourself.

that person is unattractive because of being obese, walks funny, talks different, different beliefs, different skin pigmentation and the list goes on and on.

we separate ourselves like it or not, by human nature as animals do.

to think that talking it to death is somehow going to make it better is futile at best.

i personally dont have the time in my life to indulge in the blatant stupidity to dislike because of such...i dont have the time, and neither should you.

in my world, everyone is a great person until they prove me wrong, regardless of anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies