Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2011, 12:51 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,698,072 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nzrugby View Post
With News Corp being the parent corporation of Fox news how badly would Fox news be damaged if it is proven News Corp phone hacked the families of 9/11 victims families ?

With both sides of the political debate putting the boot into News Corp in the UK over hacking, would the same happen in the USA or are conservatives in the US forgiving about that type of behavior by News Corp ?
When Fox goes under Arianna Huffington is going to buy Fox """News""" and introduce fact based programing
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2011, 01:19 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,521,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bc42gb43 View Post
Also note the casual dog whistle bigotry from the last woman in this clip, talking about not touching it with a "ten foot turban."
Thats the infamous Judith Miller, who worked as the neocons chief propagandist for their war against Iraq, and was employed by the New York Times. After spreading their lies there she was canned, I believe, and Rupert had a job waiting for his faithful servant of propaganda

Old 07-17-2011, 01:22 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,933,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal is a mess View Post
Different breed of people .... the typical Fox follower has no original opinions .... sheeps...
Least we don't live in a country where people are so scared ****less of a made-up crime epidemic that prompted the installation of CCTV cameras in almost every city and on most street corners talk about knee-jerkism

Corporate media must be destroyed. Huffington Post, MSNBC, CNN, Media Matters, all propaganda for the corporate elite with a dose of class warfare to keep the sleeping leftists in line. Just like Fox injects Christianity and war worshipping to keep the right-wing fast asleep. You're all brainwashed with corporate propaganda, whether you believe that or not

Old 07-17-2011, 01:28 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nzrugby View Post
With News Corp being the parent corporation of Fox news how badly would Fox news be damaged if it is proven News Corp phone hacked the families of 9/11 victims families ?

With both sides of the political debate putting the boot into News Corp in the UK over hacking, would the same happen in the USA or are conservatives in the US forgiving about that type of behavior by News Corp ?
[i] am sure many hope it will damage them but I doubt it will.

Old 07-17-2011, 01:31 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,933,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I think so as well. The left in the US and UK are just trying to ratchet things up to bring down one of their rivals. George Soros must be really proud, and rolling in the dough of course, especially his gold. Just like they believed Stewart and Colbert's rally would change public opinion in the elections, it ultimately flopped despite a lot of liberal media hype surrounding it

Old 07-17-2011, 01:32 PM

17,401 posts, read 11,975,567 times
[quote=Wayland Woman;20051261]It won't matter how many viewers they have if their parent company loses its broadcasting license in the U.S. over hacking phone calls and other wrong doing. [/QUOTE

Very interesting if that actually happened. Then the American people would know for sure that we are under a dictatorship. Because, with the emails coming out of the WH this week, and the proven lies by this administration about their war on Fox, it would be obvious that this administration had succeeded in censoring their harshest critic.

Old 07-17-2011, 01:32 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,855,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I agree, when lower than dirt, how much lower can you go?

Old 07-17-2011, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geos View Post
WWF has many more viewers than Masterpiece Theater. You're confusing quantity with quality, pretty typical for a F#x News viewer. You have to hand it to Murdock, absolutely brilliant in using lies, demonization, character assassination and scape goats to exploit the seething hatred, bigotry, stupidity, fear and frustration that lies just beneath the surface in mainstream America.
In business (a concept very foreign to most progressives, I know), viewership is what it's all about. No viewership, no sponsors, no Air America. They can't all be NPR, sucking at the govt teet. In the real world, quality leads to quantity.

Old 07-17-2011, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
No? Their license is due up for renewal next year. If the scandal broadens out by then Fox could be off the air. They don't start FBI investigates over a whim. If they find proof of wrong doing, Murdoch's empire will be broken up. Even proving wrong doing in Britain can be legally be factored into the U.S. licensing decision, especially if foriegn officials were bribed.

Murdoch Should Lose His 27 Fox TV Stations - tunheimmilan's posterous
No, they don't start investigations on a whim. But they do investigate based on what the administration wants. And it's pretty obvious this administration will take the opportunity, if it presents itself, to silence a perceived threat. Because we all know this thin-skinned president is childish.

Old 07-17-2011, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
Greed, the conservatives' favorite sin.
Because Soros isn't greedy at ALL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies