Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2011, 09:25 AM

4,734 posts, read 4,330,801 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
Punishing success, the ******* mantra.
Greed, the conservatives' favorite sin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2011, 09:30 AM

9,949 posts, read 8,852,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
One would think that it would (indeed should) have an impact on the viewers of Fox News. Unfortunately, though, I think a lot of people watch Fox because it's what they want to hear, so I'm not sure it will have an impact.
Everyone chooses their media because it gives them what they want to hear, Fox News is no different from MSNBC in that arena. MSNBC viewers want to hear what Maddow tells them, you can't deny that. The one and only problem is that Fox News has a LOT more people making the choice to watch them and that infuriates the left.

Old 07-17-2011, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
Greed, the conservatives' favorite sin.
Not really but hey, it sounded good when you typed it right?

Old 07-17-2011, 09:33 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,312,855 times
Quote:
Everyone chooses their media because it gives them what they want to hear, Fox News is no different from MSNBC in that arena. MSNBC viewers want to hear what Maddow tells them, you can't deny that. The one and only problem is that Fox News has a LOT more people making the choice to watch them and that infuriates the left.
People on the Right watch Fox exclusively while people on the Left, like myself, will skip around and watch all the news sources---including Fox---for balance.

Old 07-17-2011, 09:41 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,282,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal is a mess View Post
Different breed of people .... the typical Fox follower has no original opinions .... sheeps...
And we are supposed to take someone seriously who doesn't know that there is no such word as sheeps?

Old 07-17-2011, 09:44 AM

59,040 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal is a mess View Post
Different breed of people .... the typical Fox follower has no original opinions .... sheeps...
And all the libs on here follow the same mantra. They just repeat the same old stuff. Not an original thought amongst them.

Old 07-17-2011, 09:46 AM

1,258 posts, read 2,311,914 times
No Faux News won't be damaged...You have to realize who their audience is. Every rational, stable person with any common sense can already see what partisan garbage the network spews.

Their core audience are the brain-dead, extreme right-wing talk-radio sheeple...There's nothing in this world that would shake those people's rabid faith in the Faux News/talk-radio propaganda machine...even if Baby Jesus told them Faux News is garbage!

Old 07-17-2011, 09:49 AM

4,734 posts, read 4,330,801 times
Quote:
No, I can deny that because I actually want to be educated when I watch news. I admit that I sometimes watch Fox News or MSNBC, but it's because I'm interested in seeing just how blatantly biased they can become while still being somewhat believable to, say, my next door neighbor. There is an alarming absence of substantive news in the U.S. Try watching BBC, CBC, PBS, C-SPAN, or even Al Jazeera. It's very matter-of-fact reporting, but you might actually learn something by watching it.

But one of the biggest fallacies I keep reading about and hearing is the notion that we need multiple perspectives, which presumes that there is going to be an outrageous level of bias among individual news outlets and that individual viewers should be left to decide what is fair and balanced. This flawed notion proposes that individuals triangulate between the various sources of factual distortion to come up with their own version of truth...which is bunk.

News should be reported factually and followed up with deeper analysis, but without editorializing. It's nonsense to suggest that there are always two sides to every story.

Old 07-17-2011, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
People on the Right watch Fox exclusively while people on the Left, like myself, will skip around and watch all the news sources---including Fox---for balance.
I'm on the right, far right to be exact and I don't watch Fox News at all, all of my fellow right wing friends don't watch Fox News and never listen to Rush. Once again, you watch and listen to what you want to hear just like a good little liberal.

Old 07-17-2011, 09:50 AM

59,040 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
If News Corp hacked the phones of 9/11 families, Fox News is finished

The FBI investigation into the News Corp 9/11 hacking allegations could endanger the company's broadcast licences in the US!

If News Corp hacked the phones of 9/11 families, Fox News is finished | Megan Carpentier | Comment is free | guardian.co.uk

The question now becomes; who else's phones did Fox News hack?
I know you lefties have a reading comprehension problem. Read your own post. FBI investigating allegations, And you state "who else did". Show us your great intelligence as how you jump from Alleged to who else did.

Hate is such a wasteful use of time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies