Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2011, 03:35 AM

6,193 posts, read 5,368,535 times

Advertisements

Doesn't O first need to cinch the nomination?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2011, 08:32 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,366,055 times
It does not take a crystal ball to pick the winners and losers just follow the Wall street money, as I noted before the 2010 elections the {R}s were going to gain because the money shifted in their direction. If it is not Obama/Romney it would be the first time that I know of where Wall street backed the wrong horse.

Old 07-17-2011, 08:36 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,366,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
This is an indictment on the Presidency of Barack Obama. The writing is clearly on the wall. The totality of circumstances suggest that Barack Obama is no shoo-in for 2012. Had he brought the "Hope & Change" that he campaigned on, then he'd be sailing high above the GOP heading into election season. Too many variables point to a very vulnerable President.
I think it is a indictment of the American people that keeping on delivering the POTUS and congress on the wishes of the banksters and Wall street. We have fell for it everytime and then wonder why our country is such a mess.

Old 07-17-2011, 11:46 AM

9,101 posts, read 16,457,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Wall Street always get's what they want. Never forget that!!!
They didn't get what they wanted when Andrew Jackson was elected. That time the people had enough sense to elect a president who was going to be GOOD for the country.

Our country is the better for it! We enjoyed 80 years of prosperity after Andrew Jackson destroyed what was then the equivalent of the Federal Reserve Bank (The Bank of the United States). After he did that ,Americans standard of living zoomed upwards and he was the only president to ever pay off the national debt!

Like Ron Paul, Jackson had a spine!

‪Andrew Jackson Kills the BANK‬‏ - YouTube

Watch the 10 minute video. You'll see lots of similarities between then and now.

Old 07-17-2011, 11:52 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,855,263 times
Settles it for me! Everybody knows Wall Street always looks out for what's best for the American people.??

Old 07-17-2011, 11:59 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,752,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Settles it for me! Everybody knows Wall Street always looks out for what's best for the American people.??
Lol, is that their job? I though it was to maximize shareholder value. Silly me!

Oh, I get it. As long as they donate money to lefties they are looking out for what's best for the people.

Old 07-17-2011, 12:00 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times
Eventaully ploitican is judged on results. Bascially we see that time and time again.

Old 07-17-2011, 12:04 PM

608 posts, read 1,346,660 times
Yeah ,which means the economy will get fixed...

On the Wednesday after the first Monday in November of 2012.

Until that date the rest of us suffer, then companies will start hiring workers again.

Remember how those hostages weren't freed until the second Reagan took his oath of office, same thing. Companies hold us hostage until they get a Republican in office, they will refuse to reinvest the profits they have been making for the past couple of years, and will certainly refuse to hire any workers until then.

You see...They are already doing it. They are already saying that the recovery failed, not that the economy failed but the RECOVERY failed. They of course blame the democrats, in the meantime companies sit on record profits and cry wolf saying "they won't hire anyone until everything is straightened out." Sure, this explains why there is no job growth.

Old 07-17-2011, 12:16 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,752,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrgy View Post
Yeah ,which means the economy will get fixed...

On the Wednesday after the first Monday in November of 2012.

Until that date the rest of us suffer, then companies will start hiring workers again.

Remember how those hostages weren't freed until the second Reagan took his oath of office, same thing. Companies hold us hostage until they get a Republican in office, they will refuse to reinvest the profits they have been making for the past couple of years, and will certainly refuse to hire any workers until then.

You see...They are already doing it. They are already saying that the recovery failed, not that the economy failed but the RECOVERY failed. They of course blame the democrats, in the meantime companies sit on record profits and cry wolf saying "they won't hire anyone until everything is straightened out." Sure, this explains why there is no job growth.

Lol, another one who doesn't understand where these profits are coming from!

Let me help you, increased profits are coming from increased productivity not increased demand. Corporations are agnostic, (as we can see by their political donation patterns) they only care about growth. They will hire when the demand is there.

Old 07-17-2011, 12:29 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,855,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Lol, is that their job? I though it was to maximize shareholder value. Silly me!

Oh, I get it. As long as they donate money to lefties they are looking out for what's best for the people.
They need to make sure their insurance policy is up to date. Who knows when they will create another economic collapse and need the American people's money to recover?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies