Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2011, 08:17 AM

16,345 posts, read 18,063,833 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Cain may be off the mark, but it shouldn't be underestimated the determination of Islamists to infiltrate American society. Feel free to keep your head in the sand though.
Is there no minority group that you're not xenophobic about? You should probably just stay inside, close all the blinds, turn off the television, put on your tinfoil hat, and curl up in your basement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2011, 08:17 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,123,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LookinForMayberry View Post
Freedom of speech means that we all have the opportunity to make ourselves appear foolish to our fellow man, and no one is above doing that on occasion. I praise the Lord for all our freedoms, and welcome the building of any religious monument, anywhere. As long as people see there is something greater than themselves it is a good thing.
In other words you support "martyrdom"......which is defined almost precisely as you put it.

Scary that people like you live amongst us. I hope a Martyr never makes it to "Mayberry." But then again, it sounds like you need your world rocked back into reality.

Old 07-18-2011, 08:19 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,048,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_Carbonni View Post
Yessum.

But I do have a question for you. Do you believe that certain groups like Neo-Nazis should be monitored? Should the government look into them at all?
Define "look into". A police developing contacts with a group, directly inquire about the nature of their activities, to periodically ask their neighbors or someone in the know "what's up with those guys"? If that is what you mean by "look[ing] into" I wouldn't have problem with what I would consider to be just good community policing, but to place informants inside the organization, to put a stake out team on the organization, or request warrants for electronic surveillance absent any probable cause of criminal activity, absolutely not.

But we aren't talking about a Neo-Nazi group, we are talking about a religion and as a result even the points that I outlined above would require, in my opinion, an extreme degree of respect, courtesy, and diplomacy because the justifiable resentment that would and should arise from any church, mosque or synagogue for being singled out for such questioning.

Of course none of this has anything to do with the topic, which is the absolute right of any religion to establish a place of worship where places of worship are allowed.

Old 07-18-2011, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
I have no objection to a mosque being built, as long as sharia law is kept out of any state and does not effect any of its members or any other citizen. as soon as a mosque starts enforcing sharia law upon anyone inside the borders of the USA is when it stops being a religion and starts becoming a cult.
I would agree that I don't want Islam trying to force its version of morality on others... but if it's not okay for Muslims, why is it okay for Christians? They do that constantly in the US.

Old 07-18-2011, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unicane View Post
The Mosque in question is huge. Way beynond the needs of the current congregation. They will grow in numbers nad when they have the voting block they need will take control of local politics.

I have no problem with this, of course I dont live in Murfreesboro. As a religious conservative its exactly what we do. To bad we sat out the 2008 election. That wont be happening in 2012
What does the 2008 election have to do with this issue?

Old 07-18-2011, 08:23 AM

As if his original speech wasn't enough to demonstrate that Herman Cain is not only a fool but a complete idiot when it comes to the Constitution... he certifies it on Fox News.

Cain: Communities "have a right" to ban mosques - Morning Clip - Salon.com

Old 07-18-2011, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
Is there no minority group that you're not xenophobic about? You should probably just stay inside, close all the blinds, turn off the television, put on your tinfoil hat, and curl up in your basement.
Iranian-backed Shia fire rockets and mortars at my location every week, and have for the past 10 months. Do you know what its like to hit the deck when a rocket explodes close by? I seriously doubt it. I have a right to speak out against these folks. Meanwhile, you ***** and moan from your armchair. Your concern means nothing to me.

Old 07-18-2011, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Iranian-backed Shia fire rockets and mortars at my location every week, and have for the past 10 months. Do you know what its like to hit the deck when a rocket explodes close by? I seriously doubt it. I have a right to speak out against these folks. Shut your trap, or come join me out here. I certainly doubt it will be the latter.
Perhaps you you could provide us with a location (generally speaking) where we might join you, unless of chance it is your living room.

Old 07-18-2011, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Perhaps you you could provide us with a location (generally speaking) where we might join you, unless of chance it is your living room.
Iraq. We'll welcome you with open arms. Come on over.

Old 07-18-2011, 08:33 AM

6,476 posts, read 7,323,649 times
I thought Bachmann was the Tea Party favorite.

I guess whoever says something the lamestream media finds a useful brush to tar the Tea Party with automagically becomes their 'favorite'.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies