Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2011, 01:01 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,457,116 times

Advertisements

It turns out Congress has a baseball game between Republicans and Democrats to let off steam for at least the past 50 years and Ron Paul has been the only Congressman to hit a ball out of the park for a home run during that time. See some pics.

Ron Paul’s Home Run – Literally! A First and Only for the annual Congressional Baseball game : Deadline Live With Jack Blood
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2011, 02:27 PM

7,085 posts, read 12,055,553 times
So you base your desire for other people to like your candidate based on how well a candidate plays baseball instead of his political stances?

I have not heard a similar argument since elementary school politics.

Old 07-17-2011, 02:31 PM

3,681 posts, read 6,274,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
It turns out Congress has a baseball game between Republicans and Democrats to let off steam for at least the past 50 years and Ron Paul has been the only Congressman to hit a ball out of the park for a home run during that time. See some pics.

Ron Paul’s Home Run – Literally! A First and Only for the annual Congressional Baseball game : Deadline Live With Jack Blood
Cool! Should help put to rest any question about his age and "fitness" for the job!

Ron Paul & Baseball. Doesn't get much better!

Old 07-17-2011, 02:45 PM

5,756 posts, read 3,998,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post
So you base your desire for other people to like your candidate based on how well a candidate plays baseball instead of his political stances?

These guys having been throwing us curveballs for years along with spit balls,knuckleballs and the dreded sliders.Time for the American people to deliver a change up.

Old 07-17-2011, 02:50 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbdowndemocrats View Post
These guys having been throwing us curveballs for years along with spit balls,knuckleballs and the dreded sliders.Time for the American people to deliver a change up.
I loved the last video on that site. Obama making sure that he got this one to the plate without bouncing it. Remember his first effort?

Old 07-17-2011, 03:01 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,005,733 times
The orator definitely personifies the new metro-sexual male that the lefties all want us to become that's for sure.

Old 07-17-2011, 04:29 PM

5,756 posts, read 3,998,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I loved the last video on that site. Obama making sure that he got this one to the plate without bouncing it. Remember his first effort?
Teeballers could throw better...I like the Pelosi hotdog fantasy wonder if she looked that dog over before she ate it God knows she doesn't read a bill before she passes it.

Old 07-17-2011, 04:33 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,934,013 times
Quote:

The only political stance that matters is that Ron Paul adheres to the Constitution consistently and never wavers. That's not something Obama can claim.

Old 07-17-2011, 06:09 PM

Quote:

Ha Ha. It is just a bit of trivia I thought people might be interested in. But it does show Ron Paul is no frail weakling.

Old 07-17-2011, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maja View Post
Cool! Should help put to rest any question about his age and "fitness" for the job!

Ron Paul & Baseball. Doesn't get much better!
That is what I was thinking too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies