Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2011, 10:23 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
But boards of directors and CFOs get leniency.
How often do your boards of directors beat anyone physically?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2011, 10:25 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
that link works.

I can't see how a jury will find him guilty of anything but simple assault.
There was a planned activity involved so pure passion wasn't really involved. I would do the trick right after learning about the act instead of hauling him someplace else to do it.

Old 07-18-2011, 10:25 AM

3,728 posts, read 4,870,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bc42gb43 View Post
I sympathize with the father in this situation, but this is too far. Does he deserve a life sentence? Of course not. But neither should he be able to walk away from this. I can understand and sympathize with the father here without condoning the vigilantism here.
Exactly. While I definitely sympathize with the stepfather here. What he did was not out of rage. He purposely took this piece of s--t to the middle of nowhere to do this.

I think he should either get a long term of probation or a short prison sentence. What he did was extreme, but it is forgivable given the circumstances.

Old 07-18-2011, 10:28 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,321,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_Carbonni View Post
Exactly. While I definitely sympathize with the stepfather here. What he did was not out of rage. He purposely took this piece of s--t to the middle of nowhere to do this.

I think he should either get a long term of probation or a short prison sentence. What he did was extreme, but it is forgivable given the circumstances.
You guys are nuts.

The dude committed an act of justice.

Justice delayed is justice denied.

Old 07-18-2011, 10:32 AM

2,673 posts, read 3,248,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Despite your half-full out look, I think that it is more than safe to say that child molesters and murders will never be a "protected" class unless protection refers to be securely isolated from the greater community.
But rapists almost always get light sentences.......those that ever see a court in the first place. (just making reference to Calvinists' post)

Plus, my own personal experience of going through a child molestation case year ago showed me that the molester will also go free if the prosecution thinks they can't win. Even though she was only three years old. The detectives who worked the case were spectacular. The prosecuters should be doing time in jail right along with the perpetrators. The DA's office lost the file for six months, and once inquiry to the detective working the case was done, he got on the prosecutors, but nothing came of it. Of course, this child wasn't White and she was poor.

I hate rapists and I hate child molesters and I hate the G'damned prosecuters who won't prosecute if they think they won't win.

Old 07-18-2011, 10:34 AM

Location: Currently I physically reside on the 3rd planet from the sun
2,220 posts, read 1,877,888 times
Quote:

Extreme?

It was arguably premeditated, not an act of passion but I think there is a valid argument for executing child molestors so I have a hard time equating a father beating the molestor of his child as extreme. I have daughters myself though, so perhaps I lose some objectivity there.

Old 07-18-2011, 10:36 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,321,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_Ryder View Post
Unfortunately the modern legal system has redefined the meaning of peer.
It means, other pedos.

Old 07-18-2011, 10:37 AM

6,484 posts, read 6,617,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Despite your half-full out look, I think that it is more than safe to say that child molesters and murders will never be a "protected" class unless protection refers to be securely isolated from the greater community.
The same used to be said of homosexuals.

Old 07-18-2011, 10:44 AM

3,728 posts, read 4,870,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
You guys are nuts.

The dude committed an act of justice.

Justice delayed is justice denied.
It's called the "Rule of Law". In other words, we cannot allow vigilante justice. If he beat the s--t out of the guy on the spot or even killed the guy, I wouldn't have an issue at all and I would wholeheartedly agree that he shouldn't go to prison. Extreme emotional disturbance. The fact that he rounded up a posse and took the guy out to an area to torture him is a little different.

And if you believe in an eye for an eye in very literal terms, all you need to do is throw in a bit of sexual assault and the molester has paid his debt.

On a little less glib note. I would also like to point out that the article also mentions at least one case where a man was falsely accused of child molestation and killed by the father. While that is another understandable reaction, the man who was killed was innocent. Would it be an acceptable reaction for the friends and family of the victim get together and kill the man who wrongfully killed their family member? What if they decided to break out the pliers and a blowtorch? Would that be another excusable action? After all, they lost someone they care about because instead of even measuring the validity of the accusation, he murdered another man.

I am not some wishy-washy liberal who is against self-defense nor do I believe that violent criminals should get off. However, vigilante justice has historically been one of the worst forms of justice on virtually every level.

Old 07-18-2011, 10:48 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,005,733 times
Quote:
It's called the "Rule of Law". In other words, we cannot allow vigilante justice. If he beat the s--t out of the guy on the spot or even killed the guy, I wouldn't have an issue at all and I would wholeheartedly agree that he shouldn't go to prison. Extreme emotional disturbance. The fact that he rounded up a posse and took the guy out to an area to torture him is a little different.

And if you believe in an eye for an eye in very literal terms, all you need to do is throw in a bit of sexual assault and the molester has paid his debt.

On a little less glib note. I would also like to point out that the article also mentions at least one case where a man was falsely accused of child molestation and killed by the father. While that is another understandable reaction, the man who was killed was innocent. Would it be an acceptable reaction for the friends and family of the victim get together and kill the man who wrongfully killed their family member? What if they decided to break out the pliers and a blowtorch? Would that be another excusable action? After all, they lost someone they care about because instead of even measuring the validity of the accusation, he murdered another man.

I am not some wishy-washy liberal who is against self-defense nor do I believe that violent criminals should get off. However, vigilante justice has historically been one of the worst forms of justice on virtually every level.
A time machine would have to be built to perform the type of eye for eye justice you describe.

The guy was caught in his home molesting his daughter. There was no doubt. He got what was coming. Probably a good thing he didn't kill him as now he will have the snot beat and raped out of him in prison for the next twenty years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies