Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2011, 10:01 AM

6,484 posts, read 6,615,509 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
God knows I'm a Christian, Calvinist. It doesn't matter to me in the slightest what you think.

The Trinity was not defined until 325 A.D. You can't possibly prove to me that Christ's Apostles believed in a three-in-one God, a God made of a mysterious substance that fills the universe and cannot be divided into a distict Father, Son and Holy Ghost. There is not one iota of evidence to support that notion.
I certainly can give you plenty of proof texts to show that the Trinity was believed in, and taught. If you refuse to believe those, then there's not much I can do.

I can also tell you that no man has seen, nor can see God...yet your prophet claims to have seen God. Something is wrong there.
Quote:
No more so than I can call myself a Lutheran if I don't claim to follow Martin Luther.
Why do you believe you can call yourself a Christian? Joseph Smith said that mormonism was not Christian. He considered all of Christianity to be apostate.

You believe there are basic requirements for me to be a mormon, but you don't think it works the other way around?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2011, 10:06 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,503,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
Take another look. Here's a good start:
Challenging Christian Zionism and Apocalyptic Rapture Teachings on Israel and Palestine
Lots of links for your reading pleasure.

The conflict between the US and the ME started long before 9/11. In fact, we were ALREADY there before 9/11!

I'm too tired today to find you a list, but you can start here:
Crusades - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The first sentence on this link says it all. You go from there.

Actually, the ONLY Muslims I know personally are peaceful. (I don't deny that there are small fringe groups, but every Muslim I've met so far has been very kind.)

Yes, they are different. But they are both referring to the same God who made Adam and Eve.

Peace,
brian
Muslims and Jews completely reject the notion of god having a son and the trinitarian concept of god. There are many differences, but the we all worship the same god folks love to minimize differences hoping it leads to everyone feeling good. Diversity's not so good when it comes to god.

On the original question, if 100 non-muslims board a plane and notice passengers 101-105 appear to be muslim men, I'd guess a big majority of the non-muslims would notice and pay attention during the flight.

Old 07-19-2011, 10:10 AM

28,090 posts, read 29,948,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
You are a mormon. Yes?
Yes.

Old 07-19-2011, 10:37 AM

Quote:
After all, Judaism, Christianity and Islam all worship the same God!
Agreed. Admittedly, we do not have exactly the same understanding of Him, but if a Christian mother prays for a sick child, a Jewish mother prays for a sick child, and a Muslim mother prays for a sick child, the same God will hear all three prayers.

Old 07-19-2011, 10:40 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,366,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Says who? The Christian God and Muslim god are obviously not the same. I could carve god out of a chunk of wood, and claim it is the same god as the God of Abraham, but it does not make it so.

Muslim God was INVENTED by Mohammed. You argue they are the same because Arabs ancestor was Abraham, but that means absolutely nothing because 4000 years after Abraham, someone invented a new religion. If Mohammed believer in the same God, then why did he write his own book, which contradicts the word of God, known as the Bible? The Christian God commanded that nothing should be added or removed to/from the holy scriptures. If He later commanded mohammed to write a new version of the Bible, then that would make God a liar. Would it make sense for the same God to give people two contadicting books to believe?
Whether you and I think that Mohammed was a prophet of God or not, the fact remains that Muslims worship the God of the OT. Mohammed was said to have prayed together with Moses Abraham and Jesus. So there really is no difference here in terms of God, but only who is or isn't a prophet, etc.

But the God is the same God. So there is common ground between them all. And that's good news!

Maybe we should start a new thread on this topic, since it isn't about the OP.

Peace!
brian

Old 07-19-2011, 11:00 AM

Quote:
But the God is the same God. So there is common ground between them all. And that's good news!

Maybe we should start a new thread on this topic, since it isn't about the OP.
Right, but not on this forum.

Old 07-19-2011, 11:13 AM

Done!
//www.city-data.com/forum/relig...l#post20082275

Peace,
brian

Old 07-19-2011, 11:18 AM

10,006 posts, read 15,656,467 times
Please stay on topic, the thread is about Muslims.

Old 07-19-2011, 11:21 AM

6,484 posts, read 6,615,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyB View Post
Please stay on topic, the thread is about Muslims.
I thought I was. My apologies.

Old 07-19-2011, 11:29 AM

So I guess the question regarding the OP at this point is:

Has anyone here ever been confronted by a "convert, submit or die!" Muslim?

I still haven't seen any around. If we are afraid of someone, there has to be concrete grounds for it, imo.

Any personal "jihad-type" Muslim experiences appreciated..

Peace,
brian
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies