Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2011, 08:19 AM

5,756 posts, read 3,995,901 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
The God of Judaism and Christianity had the Jews as the Chosen People.

In Islam, Allah hates them, the Koran describes them as monkeys and pigs, not the Chosen people of God.
Yes this all started with Abraham,Sarah,Hagar and Ismail and Gods promise...Abraham and Isaac's blood line is Jesus's the Son of God and they felt rejected that Ismail Abraham's first son was short changed his birthright.Sorry he was not the son of God Jesus was its a family feud that has endured for thousand of years.Hagars whispering in Ismail's ear filled him with hate that festered his hate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2011, 08:24 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,366,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Qur'an 2:62-65, 5:59-60, and 7:166, all of which call Jews apes and pigs.
Here's what I found:

2:65--"And you had already known about those who transgressed among you concerning the sabbath, and We said to them, "Be apes, despised.""

5:60--"Say, "Shall I inform you of [what is] worse than that as penalty from Allah ? [It is that of] those whom Allah has cursed and with whom He became angry and made of them apes and pigs and slaves of Taghut. Those are worse in position and further astray from the sound way.""

7:166--"So when they were insolent about that which they had been forbidden, We said to them, "Be apes, despised.""

Interesting quotations.
However, I can't see how this justifies Americans being afraid of Muslims..

Peace,
brian

Old 07-18-2011, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbdowndemocrats View Post
Yes this all started with Abraham,Sarah,Hagar and Ismail and Gods promise...Abraham and Isaac's blood line is Jesus's the Son of God and they felt rejected that Ismail Abraham's first son was short changed his birthright.Sorry he was not the son of God Jesus was its a family feud that has endured for thousand of years.Hagars whispering in Ismail's ear filled him with hate that festered his hate.
Well, no matter how you interpret it, they all came from Abraham! That means that we are all either brothers or "half-brothers." From a literal POV, of course!

So this should bring Muslims, Christians and Jews together rather than separate them. Imo.

Peace,
brian

Old 07-18-2011, 09:22 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,929,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Yes, they are very afraid of them, and no, Judaism, Christianity and Islam all DO NOT worship the same God. Jews and Christians worship the same God, while muslims worship something else.
Wrong. It is their prophets that make the difference, they all believe in the God of Abraham.
Casper

Old 07-18-2011, 09:23 AM

6,484 posts, read 6,614,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
I was just reading the wiki definition of "Islamaphobia" here:
Islamophobia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And I thought, are we haunted by images of covered Muslim women ready to self-destruct in the shopping malls?

I saw a video a few months ago about an anti-Muslim group protesting a Muslim meeting in Orange County, CA. They were pretty rabid..

Perhaps by getting to know better the Muslims living in our own neighborhoods, we can build bridges of understanding. I've been meeting a lot of Muslims here in Italy, and I haven't met one yet who wants to convert me or kill me!

After all, Judaism, Christianity and Islam all worship the same God!
Just a quick note...but go ask a muslim (or Jew) if allah/God is Trinitarian in nature. Ask one if Jesus is God. They'll tell you pretty quickly that no...we don't worship the same God.
Quote:

Your thoughts?

Peace!
brian

Doctrinal issues aside, just given their track record, is there a reason we SHOULDN'T fear them?

Old 07-18-2011, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
Just a quick note...but go ask a muslim (or Jew) if allah/God is Trinitarian in nature. Ask one if Jesus is God. They'll tell you pretty quickly that no...we don't worship the same God.

Doctrinal issues aside, just given their track record, is there a reason we SHOULDN'T fear them?
But doctrines aside, they are all based on the same OT. And both the trinity and Jesus as God are disagreed upon even within Christianity.

The OP was to ask why there is this apparent fear of Muslims "out to get us" when in real life, the Muslims I meet are quite nice, normal people? I don't see all that "danger" they talk about..

Peace,
brian

Old 07-18-2011, 09:36 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,806,382 times
The other night, my dog was scared of her own bowl of food which was funny. However, these Americans, well, I don't find them amusing. Their mental issues have been documented through out history... them being afraid of infidel like Thomas Jefferson (1800), them being afraid of Catholics in the 1860s, them being afraid of Blacks, Jews, Communists and now Muslims.

Last edited by EinsteinsGhost; 07-18-2011 at 10:08 AM..

Old 07-18-2011, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
But doctrines aside, they are all based on the same OT. And both the trinity and Jesus as God are disagreed upon even within Christianity.
But radically different understandings of the nature of God. You could almost make a case for the claim that Jews and muslims believe in the same God...but the whole issue of muhammed being his prophet kind of makes him different. Nevermind the fact that muslims don't call their God "Jehovah", or "Yahweh" as Christians and Jews do.
Quote:
The OP was to ask why there is this apparent fear of Muslims "out to get us" when in real life, the Muslims I meet are quite nice, normal people? I don't see all that "danger" they talk about..

Peace,
brian
You apparently don't know any devout muslims. Take a look at the track record of muslims around the world. Do a comparison of the koran and the Bible. There is no contest.

Old 07-18-2011, 10:39 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,806,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
But radically different understandings of the nature of God.
If we were to govern on such whimsical ideas, here's Jefferson's take on Calvinism:
Quote:
"His [Calvin's] religion was demonism. If ever man worshiped a false God, he did. The being described in his five points is ... a demon of malignant spirit. It would be more pardonable to believe in no God at all, than to blaspheme him by the atrocious attributes of Calvin".
Perhaps we will be better off making laws against Calvinism?

Old 07-18-2011, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
If we were to govern on such whimsical ideas, here's Jefferson's take on Calvinism:

Perhaps we will be better off making laws against Calvinism?
Do you have a point? I certainly don't think we should govern according to Calvin's opinions on civil government.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies