Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2011, 06:26 PM

2,673 posts, read 3,246,617 times

Advertisements

Not only no, but H E L L N O!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2011, 06:34 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,847,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Reading is fundamental. See post #9.
Paying our bills is now, somehow, a compromise. This bill is a joke, no other way to describe it.

Old 07-18-2011, 06:38 PM

46,259 posts, read 27,071,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majin View Post
4 trillion in cuts, 1 trillion in revenue.
What are the cuts...I know the $$...but I want to know what the cuts are/where are they coming from?....is it just a number?

Old 07-18-2011, 06:40 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
What are the cuts...I know the $$...but I want to know what the cuts are/where are they coming from?....is it just a number?
There is no listing of what the cuts are because the proposal is to have the NEXT Congress make a list while we continue to spend out of control for the next couple of years.

Old 07-18-2011, 06:44 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,847,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
There is no agreement, hence nothing is published. I am quite sure there are a lot of documents of proposed ideas, but they certainly are not going to release them, just to hope to get chucksnee's approval.

Old 07-18-2011, 06:46 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
There is no agreement, hence nothing is published. I am quite sure there are a lot of documents of proposed ideas, but they certainly are not going to release them, just to hope to get chucksnee's approval.
But President Obama said 80% of americans approve of his plan.. Surely you arent telling us that he lied, are you?

Old 07-18-2011, 06:49 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,213,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
The GOP are proposing, and have done both. Clinton gave us a massive surplus and gave W the keys to keep the wildly successful plans going. W and the right through that right into the trash and tanked the economy mainly from the outrageous military spending and tax cuts for the rich.
The GOP wanted 2 trillion in cuts, Obama doubled that proposing 4 trillion, and only want the gop to pitch in 1 trillion, that's it. Of course the right absolutely refuse to cut anything out of "their" spending.
The GOP's idea of spending cuts is to slash essential services while continuing to bankroll the snot out of the rich and the mega corporations. It's clear the democrats are ready to be adults and make the tough cuts to balance the budget, while the republicans are only out to make sure the elites are taken care of and could care less about the budget nor the american people.
massive would be an exageration and it also leaves out the fact that it was a gop majority in the house....
But lets look at the wildly successful plan.
Deregulating the banking industry? Isn't that considered one of the primary factors that caused the problems we face today? Who was barney frank and Chris Dodd for a 1000 alex? This done both Clinton and W.
Wars on 2 fronts and now 3? Who voted for those wars> Oh yeah thats right both parties. Who has continued the wars and added a 3rd? The 3rd with out first getting congressional approval. By the way why are involving ourselves in Lybia?
Tough cuts? Hmmm When? Oh in the future. How about we start today with their salaries?

Old 07-18-2011, 06:49 PM

46,259 posts, read 27,071,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
There you are bob....

How can anyone agree to a plan that has not been published? Oh wait, that's right...dems have to pass it and then read it after it is passed....

Well, bob...the repubs plan is out there....and just why would the most transparent administration not show us what they are planning to cut?

Hey bob, I need to borrow a single dollar....but just give me a signed check and I promise to only cash it for a single dollar...

Old 07-18-2011, 06:55 PM

3,414 posts, read 7,141,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I thougth Obama was going to go thorugh the budget, line by line, to cut...
haha! Yes, line by line.

Old 07-18-2011, 06:56 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,461,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post

Was profanity really necessary to ask that question with a rather obvious answer?
Oh, I'm sure you're soooooo offended.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies