Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2011, 08:32 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,727,592 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
i myself am mixed(half white/half black). wont vote for a white man over a minority. i will vote for any non-white regardless of party before i vote for a white, regardless of party.

my desire is to get as many non-whites in government as possible, regardless of ideology.
the sad thing is, i don't know if you're joking or not, given the voting patterns of black americans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2011, 08:34 AM

3,504 posts, read 3,922,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
the sad thing is, i don't know if you're joking or not, given the voting patterns of black americans.
im not joking, and im not black. im mixed race.

there's millions of us out there and we are the largest growing group, ahead of hispanics.

Old 07-20-2011, 08:36 AM

Quote:
im not joking, and im not black. im mixed race.

there's millions of us out there and we are the largest growing group, ahead of hispanics.
when you say "us" , are you talking about racists? or mixed race people? or mixed-race racists?

Old 07-20-2011, 08:38 AM

3,337 posts, read 5,118,671 times
Quote:
i myself am mixed(half white/half black). wont vote for a white man over a minority. i will vote for any non-white regardless of party before i vote for a white, regardless of party.

my desire is to get as many non-whites in government as possible, regardless of ideology.
So you're a racist. Nice work.

Old 07-20-2011, 08:41 AM

i never said i was a racist.

i just said i wouldnt vote for a white man over a non white.

my reasons are not out of racism, as i have white friends, white girlfriend, white mother, etc.

my reasons are to eliminate the white power structure and make it more in line with america's real demographics.

racism implies hatred. i do not hate anybody.

Old 07-20-2011, 08:53 AM

Quote:

my reasons are not out of racism, as i have white friends, white girlfriend, white mother, etc.

my reasons are to eliminate the white power structure and make it more in line with america's real demographics.

Discriminating against people based on their race is textbook racism, which is what you're doing. It doesn't matter what your race is or who your friends are.

School segregation in the deep south wasn't based on hate, either, but it was still racism.

Old 07-20-2011, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Discriminating against people based on their race is textbook racism, which is what you're doing. It doesn't matter what your race is or who your friends are.

School segregation in the deep south wasn't based on hate, either, but it was still racism.
its not discrimination because that group already has the lions share of the power.

like i said, i vote the way i do to give minorities a bigger slice of the pie.

whether or not thats racism or not in your mind, i honestly dont care.

Old 07-20-2011, 09:09 AM

Quote:
its not discrimination because that group already has the lions share of the power.
That has nothing to do with whether or not it is discrimination. Here's the definition for you:

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/discrimination

Quote:
whether or not thats racism or not in your mind, i honestly dont care.
i believe you. i'm not surprised.

this is a good example of why Republicans don't bother with minority groups. It's not worth it to attempt to compromise your views to placate someone with such a big racial chip on their shoulder. If the overwhelmingly white GOP will vote for this guy, you'd think a blacks would be more open to voting for a white candidate.

Old 07-20-2011, 10:15 AM

10,854 posts, read 9,299,972 times
Quote:
But that doesn't change the fact that blacks are a "lost cause." There is no point in the GOP courting them as voters because they will never be won over, not in my lifetime or in any timeframe that matters. They vote 90%+ Democrat.

And look at the states you're referring to, where Republican majorities are eroding -- I'm not convinced it is simply due to a growth in black voters, it is also due to a change in the composition of white voters, and an increase in hispanic voters.
Then it won't the change the fact unless there is fundamental change in Republican Party policies they are doomed as a party capable of winning presidential elections.

In the 2008 Presidential election the following states had less than a 5% margin of victory for either party:

Florida, 29 electoral votes, the Democratic margin of victory was 51% to 48%. Based on 2010 U.S. Census stats about 16% of the population is Black American

Georgia, 16 electoral votes the Republican margin of victory was 52% to 47%. Based on 2010 U.S. Census stats about 31% of the population is Black American.

Indiana, 11 electoral votes, the Democratic margin of victory was 51% to 49%. Based on 2010 U.S. Census stats about 9% of the population is Black American

Missouri 10 electoral votes, actually this state was a tie with each party getting 49% of the popular vote. Based on 2010 U.S. Census stats about 12% of the population is Black American

Montana 3 electoral votes, the Republican margin of victory was 50% to 47%. Based on 2010 U.S. Census stats about .4% of the population is Black American

North Carloina 15 electoral votes, the Democratic margin of victory was 50% to 49%. Based on 2010 U.S. Census stats about 22% of the population is Black American

Ohio 18 electoral votes, the Democratic margin of victory was 52% to 47%. Based on 2010 U.S. Census stats about 12% of the population is Black American.

With the exception of Montana every state listed above has Black population that is rising faster than the White population.

The fundamental problem for Republicans is with the exception of Texas, they struggle to win in states with the most electoral votes. If the Republicans ever lose the State of Texas in presidential elections it will be the dealth knell of the party in terms of national elections.

The Republicans can continue to write off Black Americans but by doing so they are also writing off future presidential election possibilities, especially in close races.

Last edited by JazzyTallGuy; 07-20-2011 at 10:25 AM..

Old 07-20-2011, 10:29 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
Quote:

So Sheila Lee Jackson deserves that spot in Congress because she is non-white ?

America's real demographics or your interpretation of what they SHOULD be ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies