Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2011, 06:42 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,855,263 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Is teaching a young child about anything sexual being neutral? Is that even possible, is it a teachers job?

Here in Cali, our great and fearless leader (choke) Gov. Jerry "Moonbeam" Brown: "California Gov. Jerry Brown signed a bill Thursday requiring all public schools to teach about gay and lesbian contributions to history."

California schools to teach gay history | Deseret News

This is for all grades. Please tell me how teaching a six (6) year old gay biased history productive to anyone but the ones pushing it?

Condoms being offered to children in school has been going on here for years, especially in N. CA (surprise surprise). At the rate things are "progressing", condoms will be the least of parental worries.
Holy Moly, next they are going to start teaching children about Blacks and Mexican contributions in history!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2011, 06:52 PM

1,800 posts, read 3,912,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrgy View Post
Well if sex is private business and not government business then prostitution should be legal.
I agree brothels should be legal, not streetwalking.

Old 07-20-2011, 06:53 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,788,539 times
Quote:
Well if sex is private business and not government business then prostitution should be legal.
They'll be adding prostitution 101 and "how to pimp for profits" in Cali schools soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Holy Moly, next they are going to start teaching children about Blacks and Mexican contributions in history!!

If you're going to support an indefensible position, at least do it properly.

http://mises.org/books/defending.pdf

Sarcasm doesn't replace logic as an argument.

Last edited by steven_h; 07-20-2011 at 07:06 PM..

Old 07-20-2011, 07:04 PM

306 posts, read 355,198 times
Default The Sky is Falling! The Sky is Falling!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Obama Officially Backs Measure To Repeal DOMA | TPMDC

Oh, this should make the social conservatives really angry!

I wonder what Michelle Bachmann and her gay husband will say about this.
You just know that social conservatives will have their delicate silky panties in a big wet wad up their backside over this ... and thats always fun to watch. The indignity! The lies! The scare tactics! The endless pulling of their own hair and gnashing their teeth!

Ska-reeeeeem!

The only thing that could make this better would be to hear from Michelle's husband, Marcus "Lady Bird" Bachmann. What does she think about all this, pray tell?

* Pausing to Make popcorn *

This should be good!

Old 07-20-2011, 07:16 PM

2,031 posts, read 2,988,369 times
Quote:
I agree that prostitution should be legal.

However, your comparison is not really apt because prostitution is a commercial activity and thus subject to greater government scrutiny than private, consensual behavior.

For example, a person is free to never invite an African-American to dinner, but if they own a restaurant they may not refuse to serve an would-be African-American customer.

I am also free to donate a kidney to someone on dialysis, but it is illegal for me to sell one of my kidneys. And in some states the possession of small amounts of marijuana has been decriminalized, but the sale of any amount of marijuana is illegal.

Old 07-20-2011, 07:18 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,670,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Obama is a lame duck president and everything he authorizes will be reversed in 2013.
Sure. Keep telling yourself that.

Such delusion. I wish I could suspend reality like that.

Old 07-20-2011, 08:08 PM

1,800 posts, read 3,912,898 times
Obama isn't going anywhere with the cast of clowns the GOP has put up for President.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies