Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support Allen West's comments?
Yes 63 58.33%
No 45 41.67%
Not sure 0 0%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2011, 05:05 PM

1,417 posts, read 2,180,909 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
I have the same negative reaction towards hypenated last names. It basically says they are feminist, and feminism is just a socially-accepted form of bigotry and female supremacy, based on the assumption that a "patriarchy" exists.
Believe what you will. However there are MANY people (men and women alike) who take the hyphenated choice to carry each of their parent's last names. This has nothing to do with "female supremacy" since they are honoring their grandfathers as well.

But hey, go ahead and feel threatened if you want to....whatever.

Old 07-20-2011, 07:03 PM

6,864 posts, read 12,078,177 times
Typical liberal 'Debbie' pulled a page from the liberal play book. Accuse a republican of wanting to stop social security and medicare and throwing the seniors out in the street.
Yet, she is one of the democrats that voted for Obamacare that cuts half a trillion dollars from Medicare. Good for you West. She is vile, unprofessional and dispicable. And I'll add, a liar.

Old 07-20-2011, 07:05 PM

4,050 posts, read 3,959,677 times
It's interesting, she criticized his political stance and for the most part he attacked her on a personal level, not her political stand point.

Old 07-20-2011, 07:06 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,870,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
It's interesting, she criticized his political stance and for the most part he attacked her on a personal level, not her political stand point.
Quote:
Look, Debbie, I understand that after I departed the House floor you directed your floor speech comments directly towards me. Let me make myself perfectly clear, you want a personal fight, I am happy to oblige. You are the most vile, unprofessional ,and despicable member of the US House of Representatives. If you have something to say to me, stop being a coward and say it to my face, otherwise, shut the heck up. Focus on your own congressional district!

I am bringing your actions today to our Majority Leader and Majority Whip and from this time forward, understand that I shall defend myself forthright against your heinous characterless behavior……which dates back to the disgusting protest you ordered at my campaign hqs, October 2010 in Deerfield Beach.

You have proven repeatedly that you are not a Lady, therefore, shall not be afforded due respect from me!

Steadfast and Loyal

Congressman Allen B West (R-FL)

Old 07-20-2011, 07:14 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,670,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
Absolutely. That's the glaring truth. She can speak strongly sometimes, but I've never heard her attack anyone personally. West, on the other hand...

Old 07-20-2011, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Let me point it out, what has these inflammatory words and/or phrases have to do with her political stance??

Let me make myself perfectly clear, you want a personal fight, I am happy to oblige.

She criticised his politics not him, where did she make it personal?

You are the most vile, unprofessional ,and despicable member of the US House of Representatives.

Why does she have to be vile, unprofessional, and despicable??..because she criticised his vote or stance?

If you have something to say to me, stop being a coward and say it to my face, otherwise, shut the heck up. Focus on your own congressional district!

If another man talked to me like this and challenged me to say it to his face, to me that's personal and someone looking for a brawl.
How many politicians would be rolling around on the senate and house floors throwing punches and simultaneously having heart attacks

You have proven repeatedly that you are not a Lady

If a woman with his position and stature came out and told a man that he wasn't a man in the manner that West used, it would be front page news.

If West didn't want to come off as a bully he should have stuck to her political leanings and/or voting record. Leave the personal attacks out it ends up making him look like a bad guy.

Old 07-20-2011, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Absolutely. That's the glaring truth. She can speak strongly sometimes, but I've never heard her attack anyone personally. West, on the other hand...
You mean she didn't personally attack West during the campaign??

Old 07-20-2011, 07:25 PM

1,862 posts, read 2,386,091 times
Quote:
You mean she didn't personally attack West during the campaign??
Do you have any links that show she has?

Old 07-20-2011, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagger View Post
Do you have any links that show she has?
I just might...or then again I might not...

I was asking this woman's supporters.

Old 07-20-2011, 07:28 PM

Quote:
I just might...or then again I might not...

I was asking this woman's supporters.
Yet you failed to address the point I made..

Where did she personally attack him in the comments from the posted video??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies