U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support Allen West's comments?
Yes 63 58.33%
No 45 41.67%
Not sure 0 0%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-20-2011, 04:14 AM

26,666 posts, read 27,418,552 times

Advertisements

He also says to her: "You are not a lady". Judging by his tirade, are we supposed to believe that Allen West is a gentleman?

Perhaps even more shocking is that some conservatives and Republicans are cheering him on. Is that really the type of behavior they want to see more of? It's uncivil, to put it mildly.

Allen West tirade: Wasserman Schultz 'vile...despicable...not a Lady' - Ben Smith - POLITICO.com
Rate this post positively

Old 07-20-2011, 04:28 AM

20,186 posts, read 22,635,737 times
When people start slinging mud at each other, what do you expect? I'd be surprise that either side would be supportive of either one even though she technically did START the whole thing...

Old 07-20-2011, 04:46 AM

587 posts, read 1,076,879 times
if you read between the lines, there is a lot of "I hate you *****" language in his email...the war between these two in Palm Beach and Broward Counties in Florida is very entertaining, but Wasserman-Schultz was correct....

how can West, who is supported by an overwhelming majority of retirees who are dependent upon social security and medicare, vote to take away a major lifeline of his consitiuents in "geritolville", aka, south florida? I seem to remember a number of these elderly tea party folks want hands off their socialized payments and health care, but cut out everything else.

furthermore, if West was packing heat, he probably would have pulled it out and shot at Wesserman-Schultz just like he did to the iraqi prisoner when he was "interogatting" him in iraq when he was in army

Old 07-20-2011, 04:50 AM

23,024 posts, read 20,988,086 times
I thought her remarks were pretty petty and she definitely had some animosity for him. But then then he one upped her in an unprofessional and immature response. With clowns like these and that stupid ignorant Sheila Jackson Lee who called all republicans racists, no wonder congress is viewed as a complete failure by the american people.

Old 07-20-2011, 04:56 AM

23,832 posts, read 22,032,063 times
In my experience, women who go by maiden-married name combinations are the biggest douch hags on the planet. I can't think of a single one that i've encountered that didn't deserve the same treatment that West gave this one. The narcissism usually translates into a sorry excuse for a woman, and i'm not sure why that is.

I can think of 4 right off the top of my head in the public arena:

1) Hillary Rodham Clinton
2) Theresa Heinz Kerry
3) Sheila Jackson Lee
4) Debbie Wasserman Shultz

Worthless. All of them. And there are MANY more just like them.

Old 07-20-2011, 05:10 AM

20,797 posts, read 14,853,128 times
Also include Barbara 'don't call me ma'm' boxerwho then let it slide when arguing on tv with a black 'better business' leader.

and.....

Nancy 'the gift that keeps on giving' Pelosi has provided so much ammunition for her detractors, which should be everyone outside an insane asylum or her gerrymandered voting district.

Henceforth this shall be known as the Shelia Jackson Lee era.

DWS went to the same school of extreme annoyance as Nancy.
there is a difference between intelligent focus and having earned a reputation for the queen annoying, offensive and dominating ignorance.

Old 07-20-2011, 05:13 AM

22,769 posts, read 29,181,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
He also says to her: "You are not a lady". Judging by his tirade, are we supposed to believe that Allen West is a gentleman?

Perhaps even more shocking is that some conservatives and Republicans are cheering him on. Is that really the type of behavior they want to see more of? It's uncivil, to put it mildly.

Allen West tirade: Wasserman Schultz 'vile...despicable...not a Lady' - Ben Smith - POLITICO.com
who cares if he's a gentleman? it's politics, and "Debbie Wasserman-Schultz" went on the attack.

Old 07-20-2011, 05:15 AM

22,769 posts, read 29,181,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
In my experience, women who go by maiden-married name combinations are the biggest douch hags on the planet. I can't think of a single one that i've encountered that didn't deserve the same treatment that West gave this one. The narcissism usually translates into a sorry excuse for a woman, and i'm not sure why that is.

I can think of 4 right off the top of my head in the public arena:

1) Hillary Rodham Clinton
2) Theresa Heinz Kerry
3) Sheila Jackson Lee
4) Debbie Wasserman Shultz

Worthless. All of them. And there are MANY more just like them.
I have the same negative reaction towards hypenated last names. It basically says they are feminist, and feminism is just a socially-accepted form of bigotry and female supremacy, based on the assumption that a "patriarchy" exists.

Last edited by le roi; 07-20-2011 at 05:24 AM..

Old 07-20-2011, 05:31 AM

4,428 posts, read 4,287,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by v2four View Post
if you read between the lines, there is a lot of "I hate you *****" language in his email...the war between these two in Palm Beach and Broward Counties in Florida is very entertaining, but Wasserman-Schultz was correct....

how can West, who is supported by an overwhelming majority of retirees who are dependent upon social security and medicare, vote to take away a major lifeline of his consitiuents in "geritolville", aka, south florida? I seem to remember a number of these elderly tea party folks want hands off their socialized payments and health care, but cut out everything else.

furthermore, if West was packing heat, he probably would have pulled it out and shot at Wesserman-Schultz just like he did to the iraqi prisoner when he was "interogatting" him in iraq when he was in army

Most Seniors don't need social security and plenty of them don't want to pay for Medicare.

Also, lay off of our military - bleeding heart "Don't kill a minnow" Liberal - Wasserman Schultz is a screaming redistributionist. Her paycheck is a total waste of taxpayer money.

Old 07-20-2011, 05:32 AM

5,036 posts, read 4,903,131 times
I agree with West. Do you really want us to list some of that witch's statements?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.