Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2011, 07:49 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,737,754 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alltheusernamesaretaken View Post
I can never decide if it is arrogance or ignorance (maybe it's both?)
that makes a 21st-century person deny that the way we live
is indeed
having a profound effect on our environment.

It all started under George Bush's watch. Let's blame George for the heat wave this Summer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2011, 07:53 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,167,094 times
Here's a question.... If 48 states are hot, why do you consider it GLOBAL?

Did you know it's snowing in Chile? Did you know that in the beginning of July, an area of Chile known as the driest place on earth received snow?
Quote:
A cold wave in Chile has brought snow to the Atacama desert, a region known for being the driest place in the world. According to the national emergency centre in Chile, the area had not seen this amount of snow in close to 20 years. Some areas received up to 80cm of snow, leading to closed roads and stuck vehicles. According to local media, authorities rescued 36 people on Tuesday, whose bus had been stuck in heavy snow. The temperature in Santiago, Chile dropped to as low as -8.5C on Wednesday.

Old 07-21-2011, 08:54 AM

4,027 posts, read 7,289,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post

Did you know it's snowing in Chile? Did you know that in the beginning of July, an area of Chile known as the driest place on earth received snow?
Reading would help you. Go back and read the posts.

Old 07-21-2011, 09:32 AM

2,713 posts, read 3,023,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post

I guess I should have put in big RAINBOW LETTERS that the post was sarcasm..
Should have been obvious
With the links and all.

Oh wells..

Old 07-21-2011, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thePR View Post
Reading would help you. Go back and read the posts.
I read just fine, I responded to the OP, other posts are just that. How can I help you?

Old 07-21-2011, 09:48 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,837,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Global warming is going to heat up the earth so much, we'll have colder winters
or warmer ones. global warming is also supposed to increase the number of hurricanes, tornados, and other storms, or cause them to be fewer. hotter summers, or cooler summers. more rain or less rain. more snow or less snow. in fact global warming may also cause the weather to remain the same. at least according to the man made global warming alarmists.

Old 07-21-2011, 10:00 AM

1,019 posts, read 590,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermaine88 View Post
Well 48 of the states are experiencing his heatwave. It could have been predicted if only we listened to Al Gore..

YOU DIDN'T LISTEN....
I blame the previous generation.

GLOBAL WARMING IS HERE!

‪Randy Marsh - We Didn't Listen!‬‏ - YouTube

‪South Park Global warming‬‏ - YouTube

‪South Park Parody of "The Happening"‬‏ - YouTube

I blame the republicans....
I am certain it is man-made global warming. In order to combat it, we need to repeal at least 50% of all federal laws regulations and etc. Otherwise, we are going to cook - one way or another.

Old 07-21-2011, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermaine88 View Post
I guess I should have put in big RAINBOW LETTERS that the post was sarcasm..
Should have been obvious
With the links and all.

Oh wells..
Sarcasm is fine, understand though, there are people who post what you did, and in all honesty believe that it is global warming. Since there was no such indication that you were doing this tongue in cheek, I responded as I did.

Old 07-21-2011, 10:03 AM

20,459 posts, read 12,379,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thePR View Post
People seem to be confused as to how climate change can work. Just because a place is cooler than normal, or average, or even above average, does not equate to there being or not being climate change. People also scoff at the possibility of winter happening if there is climate change. Climate change is responsible for both global warming and a possible earlier occurrence of a new ice age.

ah yes, the new fancy silly. Global Warming causes both warming and cooling all at once and we are all going to die....

"its worse than we thought"

Only in the models dude... only in the models...

Old 07-21-2011, 10:04 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,778,277 times
We need to repeal all the marijuana laws so we and the climate can chill out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies