Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Does this Ad help the Same Sex Marriage Cause?
Yes, its a great Ad and would sway me in the direction of support for Same Sex Marriage. 26 29.89%
No. It's offensive and pushes me away from support for same sex marriage. 61 70.11%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2011, 06:21 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,350,315 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel and The Dolphin View Post
Huh? What truth? That you're obsessed with homosexuality? Or that you and your ilk's opinions matter less and less in the modern world?
Typical responce
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2011, 06:49 PM

3,681 posts, read 6,274,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Oh my god. The paranoia.
What exactly in the post you quoted do you dispute?

Old 07-20-2011, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
Your tinfoil budget must be huge. I am not sure that you are blocking all of the frequencies though, something appears to have breached containment.
What in the post you quoted are you disputing to be true? Is it the book, "Que*ring Elementary Education," with a foreward written by Kevin Jennings, the Obama appointed Safe Schools Czar who initiated the Anti-Bullying Program for our public schools? Is it the book, "Boy Meets Boy," which includes not only same sex relationships but a lot of Christianity Bashing that is found in our Public School Libraries for kids as young as 10 to read? Is it that the Archie comic books featured a character announcing he was gay last year? Or, do you dispute the fact that the very popular TV show, marketed to kids, GLEE has several gay characters who sometimes kiss and make out? Or do you deny that Lady Ga Ga who is extremely popular with little kids as young as 7, has a hit song called "Born This Way" and flaunts being bisexual and pretty much promotes Gays in every appearance? Of what exactly are you convinced I am delusional?

Old 07-20-2011, 07:24 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,667,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel and The Dolphin View Post
I love the new tactic the gay-haters are trying. "Let's try and tell 'em that we supported them until they protested our bigotry towards them. That'll shut 'em up".

LOL. Nope. We're not that dumb.
I remember one of them said a few months ago, "No one minded gays as long as they stayed in the closet." Yeah, right!

Old 07-20-2011, 07:32 PM

5,638 posts, read 6,515,537 times
I liked the video, and I wasn't offended.

Old 07-20-2011, 08:19 PM

5,391 posts, read 7,229,619 times
I thought it was great, except I grew tired of the M-M-Max Head-head-headroom stuttering as a "cool" audio effect.

As for kids kissing - I saw two kisses, one between two adults, on the lips, and at the very end, between two young boys when one says "if I grow up to be gay, I want to get married some day" and the two kids peck each other on the lips.

As for attacking Christians - first, it doesn't attack Christianity, but it mocks Christians who use their religion to excuse their homophobia. It mocks ideas that are heard in real life - for example, that America is a Christian nation and our laws should coincide with Biblical teachings. And it points out how some Christians latch onto anti-gay messages in the Bible, while ignoring other Biblical things that would be anathema in today's society (like acceptance of slavery). Christianity would still be Christian if it ditched the homophobia.

It also ridicules other arguments we've heard many times, such as reproductive ability is what makes marriage "correct" or not. We have an example of someone arguing that point right here in this thread (as to that - what the heck does "correct" mean? Nature knows no "correct", it's humans who attach meanings like correctness to phenomena).

This ad obviously was targeted to young people, who will be future voters. It makes its message seem cool, and opponents of the message uncool, which is basic marketing.

Old 07-20-2011, 08:32 PM

1,759 posts, read 2,029,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
That's great. Attend a Church that shares your same belief that a marriage is only for 1 man and 1 women, but please, leave your personal beliefs and religious dogma out of my civil marriage contract and its associated civil rights.
LOL.

You may wish to reread my post.
I specifically mentioned that religion has NOTHING to do with my stance.

Better luck next time!

Old 07-20-2011, 08:41 PM

4,027 posts, read 7,289,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maja View Post
Many, including some homosexual activists appear not to like this over-the-top campaign attempting to gain support for same sex marriage in Minnesota. This type of ad does nothing to help sway me to the cause; in fact, anything that uses kids or mocks religion or family values pushes me further in the opposite direction. How about you?

"An in-your-face video supporting gay marriage in Minnesota and mocking Christians has drawn the ire of some gay-rights activists who say the clip—full of f-bombs, racy visuals, and even same-sex kissing by very young-looking actors—leaves them “creeped out.”

Gay Marriage Video Kissing Kids | Video | TheBlaze.com

What's Your Instinct: FCKH8 Uses Tween Gay Kiss In Latest Video Campaign (http://instinctmagazine.com/blog/what-s-your-instinct-fckh8-uses-tween-gay-kiss-in-latest-video-campaign?directory=100011 - broken link)
The video does not mention Christianity at all.

The video brings up the usual arguments used by homophobics against marriage and uses good arguments to prove why they are asinine.

Old 07-20-2011, 08:42 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,851,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
I found it rude and disgusting but I also think it's great because it shows the mental disorder loud and clear plus a connection to pedophiles, Keep up the good work
I don't know that I've seen a better example personally, my heart goes out to these people who are clearly battling this disorder.

Old 07-20-2011, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbobobbo View Post
I thought it was great, except I grew tired of the M-M-Max Head-head-headroom stuttering as a "cool" audio effect.

As for kids kissing - I saw two kisses, one between two adults, on the lips, and at the very end, between two young boys when one says "if I grow up to be gay, I want to get married some day" and the two kids peck each other on the lips.

As for attacking Christians - first, it doesn't attack Christianity, but it mocks Christians who use their religion to excuse their homophobia. It mocks ideas that are heard in real life - for example, that America is a Christian nation and our laws should coincide with Biblical teachings. And it points out how some Christians latch onto anti-gay messages in the Bible, while ignoring other Biblical things that would be anathema in today's society (like acceptance of slavery). Christianity would still be Christian if it ditched the homophobia.

It also ridicules other arguments we've heard many times, such as reproductive ability is what makes marriage "correct" or not. We have an example of someone arguing that point right here in this thread (as to that - what the heck does "correct" mean? Nature knows no "correct", it's humans who attach meanings like correctness to phenomena).

This ad obviously was targeted to young people, who will be future voters. It makes its message seem cool, and opponents of the message uncool, which is basic marketing.
Wonder how many parents are aware of how their children have been used; i.e., targeted with effective media marketing over the last decade which has resulted in such a huge, unbelievably rapid change in attitude toward SSM? I bet not too many people are aware of this media manipulation of our kids as most of it is not so obvious as this offensive ad. Most of it has just involved the use of "hip" musicians and popular TV shows with squeaky clean looking gay kids, making out & subtly mocking religion, etc. The tactics that homosexuals, Marshall Kirk and Hunter Madsen spell out in their book, "After the Ball: How Americans Will Conquer Their Fear and Hatred of Gays in the 90's" are the ones that have resulted in the real change in attitude we have seen over the past decade. I doubt that they would approve of this "in your face" overt approach although since its focus is on young people, of which many have already been won over with the likes of Lady Ga Ga, Glee, etc., it still may be effective to promote acceptance on the part of those almost old enough to vote and then there's always the next generation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies