Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2011, 03:07 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,902,306 times

Advertisements

Number 21:
Some people actually believe Bachmann or Palin are qualified to lead the most powerful nation on the planet.
Now that IS scary.
Casper
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2011, 03:30 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,409,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Number 21:
Some people actually believe Bachmann or Palin are qualified to lead the most powerful nation on the planet.
Now that IS scary.
Casper
Not any scarer then who we have sitting in the W.H. that does not no squat about an economy that is downhill.

Anything is possible, don't forget it, and never say never, can come back to bite ya. What is more scary is those who believed Obama's lies about HOPE AND CHANGE, blah blah blah.

Old 07-21-2011, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
I agree. A couple of nights ago a house in my neighborhood caught fire. Only one neighbor on that street was there to offer their neighbor help (after midnight). I live a block over but saw the smoke and flashing lights. I took a cooler of iced water and gatorade over for the firefighters, LE and neighbors in the 90+ degree temps.

You would have thought I was a space alien the idea of help from a stranger seemed so foreign to them. It was a small thing to do given the circumstance of a house fire. For the thanks I received you would have thought people had never recieved a kindness before. Made me sad to think that a simple act like taking icewater and gatorade wouldn't be common place in such a situation. It made me sad that there weren't more people on their block looking out for their neighbors.
That is so very very sad, and unbelievable. Say what you want really don't care. In my upscale neighboorhood, everyone would of come to the resuce of this family. We all get along so very good, have b'day block party for the children on the St. Barbecues on the weekends, everyone makes a different food, and we barbecue. Have pizza party's in some of the backyards, in the pizza ovens where everyone makes their own personal pizza. We are a family, we all get along great, and are there for each other. So many areas, are not like this, and that is sad. At a time of tragedy, you are there for each other. On my St. people would have been woken up, trying to put the fire out. and doing what ever they could for the Family. People have lost their spirit in wanting to help others. That is sad. People have a trust issue these days.

Old 07-22-2011, 10:22 AM

6,795 posts, read 7,273,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Number 21:
Now that IS scary.
Casper
Others still believe that the POTUS is running the country, now that is really really scary.
They just don't seem to ever notice how the agenda stays exactly the same regardless of who sits in the chair.

Old 07-22-2011, 11:25 AM

I don't need twenty. The fifteen family's i know of who in the short time Obama has been President, have lost their jobs, some also their prized possesion, their homes too. Is enough for me. That my friends is what does hit home, and does make this a sad reality. It is seeing people who were hard workers for years and years and years on one job, starting as young teens. What hope, it then vanishes, lose your home, what hope, where are these jobs, some of the guys, a year later, still have not found a decent job to replace the one they had. That is my reality, seeing truth in front of me. Not a crock coming from the W.H.

Old 07-22-2011, 11:53 AM

8,263 posts, read 12,175,851 times
Time has a way of softening things, 30 years back is always the good ole' days and things are always going to **** today.

Back then it was the hippies and love generation destroying our values while Khruschev's missiles were going to bring end of days. When things like Manson family, University of Texas shootings, Richard Speck etc. I'm sure people were harkening back to the good ole' days of the 30s and 40s when nobody had to lock their doors and keys were left in the ignition.

Old 07-22-2011, 01:07 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,902,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slackjaw View Post
Time has a way of softening things, 30 years back is always the good ole' days and things are always going to **** today.

Back then it was the hippies and love generation destroying our values while Khruschev's missiles were going to bring end of days. When things like Manson family, University of Texas shootings, Richard Speck etc. I'm sure people were harkening back to the good ole' days of the 30s and 40s when nobody had to lock their doors and keys were left in the ignition.
There never were any good old days, it is people forgetting the bad and only remembering the good, some day people will do the same for today.
Casper
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies