Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2011, 07:49 AM

1,862 posts, read 2,385,869 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Yes,he has done wonders so far...

If you feel the need to vote for the Dem sock puppet instead of the Repub sock puppet,go right ahead.

And then after a few years in office you can post here about how you are disappointed in him but will still keep voting for the same party pick.

That seems like a very good plan.
Given the animosity he has faced, the endless filibusters, etc., I think he's done pretty well.

And if you feel that your sock puppets whose only answer to anything is tax cuts and starving government in order to cripple agencies that perform important functions for our society.... go right ahead.

I think that folks overall are moving away from that philosophy as they see the negative effects those policies have on them.

And then, in a couple of years when Obama is returned to office... you can continue your complaining and attacks on him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2011, 07:55 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,868,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagger View Post
Given the animosity he has faced, the endless filibusters, etc., I think he's done pretty well.

And if you feel that your sock puppets whose only answer to anything is tax cuts and starving government in order to cripple agencies that perform important functions for our society.... go right ahead.

I think that folks overall are moving away from that philosophy as they see the negative effects those policies have on them.

And then, in a couple of years when Obama is returned to office... you can continue your complaining and attacks on him.
You must have missed where I find the sock puppets on the right just as bad.

Funny thing to me is,apart from being a Democrat Obama hasn't really distinguished himself from the neo-con he replaced.

Must suck when your guy turns out to be just be another of the Bush clan.

I suggest to all to try and find a third party that fits your beliefs,anything is better than the two sides of the same coin Americans keep voting for.

Old 07-21-2011, 08:03 AM

1,862 posts, read 2,385,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
You must have missed where I find the sock puppets on the right just as bad.

Funny thing to me is,apart from being a Democrat Obama hasn't really distinguished himself from the neo-con he replaced.

Must suck when your guy turns out to be just be another of the Bush clan.

I suggest to all to try and find a third party that fits your beliefs,anything is better than the two sides of the same coin Americans keep voting for.
I didn't miss your sock puppet on the right... and looking back I should've acknowledged it.

While Obama has continued too many of the Bush security policies and hasn't ended the wars soon enough for me, I would never consider him just another of the Bush clan. If he really was, I would think that those who supported Bush wouldn't be so harsh in their criticism of him.

If I could be sure that voting for a third party wouldn't create an opening for one of the Republicans to win the Presidency, I'd consider it. But, unfortunately, I think any of the current Republican nominees would be a disaster for the country.

Until the Republican party becomes more moderate, stop catering to the evangelical right, accept that increasing taxes on the top percentage of wealth is not always bad (see Reagan), I can't vote for them.

I've said it before, I voted for Nixon and Ford. I didn't vote against Bush in 2000 as I thought maybe a change would be ok. Boy, was I wrong about that.

Old 07-21-2011, 08:10 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,868,498 times
Quote:

If I could be sure that voting for a third party wouldn't create an opening for one of the Republicans to win the Presidency, I'd consider it. But, unfortunately, I think any of the current Republican nominees would be a disaster for the country.
Yeah...that is why we keep getting the same tired old crap elected,because surprisingly enough,EVERY election is VERY important and so people shouldn't 'waste their vote' by voting third party.
Almost as if the Powers that be want it to be that way...

Quote:
Until the Republican party becomes more moderate, stop catering to the evangelical right, accept that increasing taxes on the top percentage of wealth is not always bad (see Reagan), I can't vote for them.
Then don't.Vote for the party that actually has the sam ebeliefs as you and hasn't shown itself to be a fraud.

Quote:
I've said it before, I voted for Nixon and Ford. I didn't vote against Bush in 2000 as I thought maybe a change would be ok. Boy, was I wrong about that.
Dang you are OLD!!!!
I will admit to voting for Bush the second time round,but from now on I will have a clear conscience and not be part of the charade.

Old 07-21-2011, 08:36 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,728,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
Churchill once remarked about democracy that it was the "worst system, except for all the others". That's how I feel about Obama- he's the worst, until you compare him to ANYONE from the GOP.

Unless a truly electable liberal (like who???) makes a run at Obama from the left, there is no alternative for Dems. There are going to be at least two more SCOTUS appointments 2012-2016. That's all the reason liberals need to swallow their pride and vote for Obama again.
When the GOP wins the Senate in 2012 it will not matter. If Barry gets another term anyone he sends for confirmation will be "Borked" and DOA.

Old 07-21-2011, 09:32 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,940,832 times
Quote:
What legislation was filibustered? Obamacare? The Failed Stimulus? Financial reform? Stimulus 2 & 3?

So...animosity has caused all his great legislative victories to....FAIL?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies