Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2011, 01:34 PM

9,240 posts, read 8,664,523 times

Advertisements

Mexico can have soccer. Its not an American sport.

Let them BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2011, 01:38 PM

1,807 posts, read 3,322,250 times
Alex Morgan is hot. I want to meet her

Old 07-21-2011, 01:40 PM

4,027 posts, read 7,285,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
I got no issue with them booing the team, but it's sad when they disrupt the National Anthem. To me, that makes them look like a bunch of ingrates.
Plenty of teams have a tradition where they cheer throughout the National Anthem.

Old 07-21-2011, 04:13 PM

50,242 posts, read 46,997,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchman01 View Post
Most guatemalans and mexicans for that matter are taught they are native americans. Native americans were here first. The europeans, that's white people to you and me, came later..........and therefor should go home.

Does this narrative sound familiar? You've been steeped in it all your life. Just look to hollywood and movies like avatar and dances with wolves. among many The lesson is simple, native peoples=good, white people=bad.

ohhhhh I get it now, so there is some squatter sitting on my "soon to be mine", that never was, farm over in Europe.

Old 07-21-2011, 04:34 PM

19,013 posts, read 14,188,739 times
The problem with undocumented aliens (aka "invaders") is that they have little knowledge of the heritage of American law and history.
But, then, so do most Americans... not know their own heritage or history.
Both will contribute to the demise of the uSA.

Old 07-21-2011, 08:39 PM

1,718 posts, read 2,424,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
Now if these "Mexican-Americans" have divided loyalties over a soccer game how do you think they will react when we invade their homeland?
As you might be able to guess, that is exactly what bothers me so. Loyalty and respect to a team or nation in a sporting game is easy compared to the larger issues of the day. And if people will split over that I shudder to think what they will do in the coming years because sooner or later we're going to have to do something drastic on the issue of immigration and our borders.

If their hearts remain with Mexico for soccer, god help us on everything else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
It goes beyond that Dutch. There isn't an anthem on the planet that I wouldn't at least keep silent for out of respect.
I feel the same way. Maybe it has to do with upbringing but I wouldn't boo another country's anthem even if I despised everything they stood for. It is a simple matter of respect.

Old 07-21-2011, 09:12 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,672,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGrey View Post
As you might be able to guess, that is exactly what bothers me so. Loyalty and respect to a team or nation in a sporting game is easy compared to the larger issues of the day. And if people will split over that I shudder to think what they will do in the coming years because sooner or later we're going to have to do something drastic on the issue of immigration and our borders.

If their hearts remain with Mexico for soccer, god help us on everything else.

I feel the same way. Maybe it has to do with upbringing but I wouldn't boo another country's anthem even if I despised everything they stood for. It is a simple matter of respect.
Even if I were just traveling in Mexico, I would not make a big scene if there was a game being played there between Mexico and the USA.

It would be very obnoxious for a bunch of Americans living in Mexico or even just visiting to boo while they play their National Anthem and carry on like idiots. Most Americans would definitely not respect Americans who behaved in this way.

And no one has any problem with the truly patriotic Mexicans who love their country so much that they would never flee, who love their country more than they adore American dollars. Everyone respects them. It's the ones who adore the American dollars and abandon their country but carry on loudly about how much they love Mexico that are disliked.

Old 07-21-2011, 09:15 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,179,956 times
" American-Mexicans boo US team, Blow air horns during national anthem"

That's a great idea, it's a boring song anyway!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies