Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2011, 12:55 PM

855 posts, read 1,170,422 times

Advertisements

funny how you rally behind Home Depot and it's co-founder...WHEN...he's bashing obama. do you also rally behind Home Depot's lax policies for day laborers (some who may be illegal) who crowd the home depot parking lots??

yeah. home depot's creating jobs all right
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2011, 12:56 PM

56,989 posts, read 35,116,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Another "job creator" long on political slogans and short on details. Taxes that would have kept him from building Home Depot? What taxes would those have been?
LOL...these "job creators" crack me the hell up. They haven't created a damn thing. Funny how they weren't complaining during the last administration.

Consumers create jobs, not these whining clowns on the right.

Old 07-21-2011, 01:19 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,874,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
LOL...these "job creators" crack me the hell up. They haven't created a damn thing. Funny how they weren't complaining during the last administration.

Consumers create jobs, not these whining clowns on the right.
Right, right. Business, small and large, don't create jobs. You mean all those people working at HD and Wynn resorts don't actually have a job?

Consumers, IF they are spending, create the demand for those businesses to create jobs.

But the bottom line - business still does the hiring..period.

Old 07-21-2011, 02:39 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,442,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post

Yeah, I imagine there are millions like me.
Imagine is an accurate word alright.

I'll only get 3 burrito supremes instead of 4 today at Taco Bell so I can deal a crushing blow to POTUS' agenda!

LOL!!!!

Old 07-21-2011, 04:51 PM

56,989 posts, read 35,116,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Right, right. Business, small and large, don't create jobs. You mean all those people working at HD and Wynn resorts don't actually have a job?

Consumers, IF they are spending, create the demand for those businesses to create jobs.

But the bottom line - business still does the hiring..period.
Hiring isn't creating jobs. Starting a corporation isn't creating jobs. Anyone with 500 bucks in the pocket can start a corporation.

ONLY consumers create jobs. Point blank, period. No consumer demand, no jobs.

Old 07-21-2011, 05:03 PM

5,800 posts, read 6,553,257 times
That is a crock; sanrene nailed it.

Old 07-21-2011, 05:08 PM

11,574 posts, read 13,921,779 times
Quote:
Hiring isn't creating jobs. Starting a corporation isn't creating jobs. Anyone with 500 bucks in the pocket can start a corporation.

Odd. I've never had a paycheck issued by a consumer.

Old 07-21-2011, 05:44 PM

12,905 posts, read 15,614,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
Odd. I've never had a paycheck issued by a consumer.
And you've probably never had a paycheck issued by an employer who had no customers or partakers of their business.

Old 07-21-2011, 05:48 PM

11,011 posts, read 10,996,345 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
And you've probably never had a paycheck issued by an employer who had no customers or partakers of their business.
Really this is a semantics argument. At the end of the day, Home Depot does employ a large number of Americans. This is a business owner giving his viewpoints on the current climate for businesses in this country. Given that, this administration and his opponents should pay attention to statements like these. He is not the first business owner to say something of this ilk.

Old 07-21-2011, 05:57 PM

12,905 posts, read 15,614,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
Really this is a semantics argument. At the end of the day, Home Depot does employ a large number of Americans. This is a business owner giving his viewpoints on the current climate for businesses in this country. Given that, this administration and his opponents should pay attention to statements like these. He is not the first business owner to say something of this ilk.

Sure it's semantics, but there is a valid point that if you got the entire middle class not making any money, they aren't going to spend money. If people don't have money to improve their homes, Home Depot is not going to be busy. If they are not busy, they are laying off their employees.

Whatever is "done" to these poor businesses via taxes and regulations could be more than offset should the middle class of the country, i.e, the CONSUMERS get enough money back in their pockets so they can start getting new hardwood floors, granite countertops, and refrigerators. We've already had it proven to us that taking out regulations and lowering taxes on business isn't making businesses up their payroll numbers. And sure, increasing taxes and putting more regulations on them, in the short term, may cause a panic but if you can get the people spending money again, they will rally, I'm sure of it. They will need employees to meet the demand.

But it's a vicious cycle. Companies have learned to work employees harder, for less, and still make more money. So no new jobs, therefore, less spending by consumers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies