Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2011, 05:07 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,207,740 times

Advertisements

Christians aren't targeted for beatings and various oppressions. Don't be ignorant.

In Islamic and mixed Christian/Islamic countries, they are.

Gays, people of color, and other minorities have been targeted for gang stalking, civil rights violations, and murder for decades. It's history. Yes, you are right. Gays have been targets--WORLDWIDE--for bullying, beatings, murder. So have other groups. Gays are not unique in that respect.

There isn't anything in U.S. history to prove hostility or bigotry against Christians. One need only to go back and look at past posts on CD--even on this very thread--to see hostility directed toward Christians.

What people need to realize is that many of the evangelical churches pay people to write misleading propaganda on internet forums and YouTube in the name of Chri$$$t. It's called astroturfing.

Link? The only church I know about that was involved in such activities is the Mormon Church--which is not evangelical--when they were contributing to anti-gay marriage causes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2011, 05:08 PM

455 posts, read 633,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
So what percent of the time that people have sex is it done for the purpose of procreation, my guess would less than 1%.
Casper
I agree it doesn't matter, only in the context of procreation which is not the

end-all, be-all.

Old 07-21-2011, 05:09 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,207,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
I have never seen a thread draw so many left wing sharks. To the last of them trying their best to somehow draw a picture of Christians as fire breathing, Bible thumping monsters desiring no less than the life of a first born and willing to write into law a tbeocratic rule in the good old USA. All the contempt and hatred they spew for anyone who dare call themselves a Christian? ...well that's different. They see the evil and are just trying to enlighten us all...Beware folks!!! There'd Christians out there....and they want to force Biblical law on us ALL!!!!. OHH...I think I directed the word "cretin" in the right direction.
Spot on!!

Old 07-21-2011, 05:12 PM

18,160 posts, read 15,628,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Isn't that the fault of Christianity considering the Christians scream into your face that you cannot get divorces, overeat, drink, curse, or have sex without frying in hell? You cannot even have a sinful thought without burning in hell. I think people have a rational fear of Christians. Let's be real.
"Rational fear"??? Alllrighty then. And any other fear that any group of people may have for another is irrational? Like, say, I don't want a fire breathing flaming fem of a gay guy teaching my sons PE class? Im being ...."irrational? I would not want some hobnailed man hating bull lesbian teaching high school girls sex ed......hmmm dank homophobe am I? If your fears of Christians are so rational yet mine are not.....damn.....who do you people think you are? Its ok for certain groups to try and legislate tolerance for( insert your favorite "cause")....yet Christians are the enemy of all humanity merely for having the gall to claim their faith. Yea...whatever. Newzflash...we are ALL sinners. I'm a bold enough one myself....and I'm a Christian. So....bash me all you like. Call me whatever foul things that can be dreamed of in a left wing moon bat mind. All the "arguments" in the world don't change who I am or my pride in my being and faith. So ..God Bless all

Old 07-21-2011, 05:15 PM

1,800 posts, read 3,912,898 times
Quote:
"Rational fear"??? Alllrighty then. And any other fear that any group of people may have for another is irrational? Like, say, I don't want a fire breathing flaming fem of a gay guy teaching my sons PE class? Im being ...."irrational? I would not want some hobnailed man hating bull lesbian teaching high school girls sex ed......hmmm dank homophobe am I? If your fears of Christians are so rational yet mine are not.....damn.....who do you people think you are? Its ok for certain groups to try and legislate tolerance for( insert your favorite "cause")....yet Christians are the enemy of all humanity merely for having the gall to claim their faith. Yea...whatever. Newzflash...we are ALL sinners. I'm a bold enough one myself....and I'm a Christian. So....bash me all you like. Call me whatever foul things that can be dreamed of in a left wing moon bat mind. All the "arguments" in the world don't change who I am or my pride in my being and faith. So ..God Bless all
No one is telling you not to claim your faith. Just don't push it on the rest of us.

Old 07-21-2011, 05:18 PM

Location: Currently I physically reside on the 3rd planet from the sun
2,220 posts, read 1,877,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Astroturfing for Christian reconstructionism or the dominionists?

Assuming a bit much are we?

I tried attending Christian churches and couldn't stomach the arrogance by a bunch of rubes who assumed to know "GOD" and believe I needed them to interpret "GOD(s)" will for me.

I tried to attend Bhuddist Religious Ceremonies and found them interesting but they were too different for my children to actively participate so gave them up.

I really liked the idea of Ba'hai but found out their mostly a bunch of jerks who fight amongst themselves more often and more nasty than even Christians.

I like to think I'm spiritual but organized religion pretty much leaves me cold. Also not too keen on the idea that some group is "right" and all the others are just confused.

Anyway, if you have anything logical or credible to say, I'd like to hear it. If you just want to make unfounded accusations - you just sound like hot air!

Old 07-21-2011, 05:21 PM

455 posts, read 633,169 times
Rick Perry: The Evangelicals Behind The Response

When Politicians align themselves with groups like this that talk about, "Dominionism" and "end Times"

it really strikes a nerve!

Old 07-21-2011, 05:26 PM

18,160 posts, read 15,628,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nowincal11 View Post
No one is telling you not to claim your faith. Just don't push it on the rest of us.
I don't. I ask the same boon. I don't want to be told I have to be "tolerant" of somethi.g I cannot stand or that by virtue of my Faith alone I have to be labeled in some way. Yea ...the leftys smelled blood in the watter on this thread.

Old 07-21-2011, 05:30 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,774,139 times
This is why people have a problem with nutcase extremist Christians.

Ghana cracks down on gays | Star Online

Quote:
Ghana’s Western Region Minister, Paul Evans Aidoo MP has ordered the immediate arrest of all homosexuals in the country’s west.
Aidooo has tasked Ghana’s Bureau of National Investigations and security forces to round up the country’s gay population and has called on landlords and tenants to inform on people they suspect of being homosexuals.
“All efforts are being made to get rid of these people in the society,” he said.
The move by the Minister follows months of campaigning by the Christian Council of Ghana which last week called on Ghanaians not to vote for any politician who believes in the rights of homosexuals.

Old 07-21-2011, 05:39 PM

1,800 posts, read 3,912,898 times
Quote:
I don't. I ask the same boon. I don't want to be told I have to be "tolerant" of somethi.g I cannot stand or that by virtue of my Faith alone I have to be labeled in some way. Yea ...the leftys smelled blood in the watter on this thread.
You don't have to be tolerant of it at all. You have the right to avert your eyes as they say in Supreme Court speak. But what you are saying about being forced to tolerate something you don't like, applies both ways. The point everyone is trying to make is that hardcore conservative Christians want to force their beliefs upon the country and dictate what are called moral values of the country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies