Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2011, 10:29 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,818,277 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vejadu View Post
Do most of us think that Christianity is being persecuted, no. However, it is treated unfairly by the media.

South Park was edited by CC to cut out footage of Mohammed INSIDE OF A SUIT, so no part of him was visible. At the same time, Comedy Central was preparing a pilot for an entire series centered around ridiculing God and Jesus...
I'm sure you feel that Muslims complaining about cartoons of Mohammed is unwarranted. Yet, you maintain similar feelings when it comes to Christianity being mocked. And you act on "revenge", that is if they play safe with Islam, they ought to do the same with Christianity. In other words, you take offense with Christianity being mocked. Do you not?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2011, 10:59 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,384,541 times
If this is the sort of lies and deluded nonsense some "Christians" are using to Homechool their children in "Science", then the US needs to be very afraid.

Exploring Creation in Science and Scripture

Old 07-22-2011, 11:20 AM

18,160 posts, read 15,628,539 times
What a festival of liberal spew. Look...if some of you great and enlightened baztions of reason and intellect want to " mock Christianity" do so if it tickles you. Libbys tend to get.all warm and fuzzy with themselves when bagging on Christians. Kewl...ya see that is why the rad left is so cuddly when dealing with other religions, they like the clash. By schmoozing say Islamowacks,they feel they are fostering disparate faiths into fighting amongst ourselves and not noticing the real enemy. Leftodweebs feel they are the only ones who have a right to their beliefs and as loud as they squall about other folks forcing things on the country they work like ants to do just that with their own beliefs. All the while pointing fingers at whomever happens to be most afoul of their ideology ....in this case, those who dare call themselves Christian. If this were a thread about Muslims not being able to bring their prayer rugs into a courthouse or wear a headdress in school they would be calling foul of the first and pointing at Christians as the culprits.

Old 07-22-2011, 11:28 AM

5,110 posts, read 7,140,512 times
Quote:
For american liberals/leftists christianity is the enemy and treats it as such.
What a disgrace. Most Christians are liberals. It was the root of the Civil Rights movement, of so many movements before and the Gospel's core is social justice which is what is the core of liberalism.

And it's not "american" it's American and it's Christianity. as in Christ.

Read the Gospel some time and learn something about who WE are.

Old 07-22-2011, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
What a festival of liberal spew. Look...if some of you great and enlightened baztions of reason and intellect want to " mock Christianity" do so if it tickles you. Libbys tend to get.all warm and fuzzy with themselves when bagging on Christians. Kewl...ya see that is why the rad left is so cuddly when dealing with other religions, they like the clash. By schmoozing say Islamowacks,they feel they are fostering disparate faiths into fighting amongst ourselves and not noticing the real enemy. Leftodweebs feel they are the only ones who have a right to their beliefs and as loud as they squall about other folks forcing things on the country they work like ants to do just that with their own beliefs. All the while pointing fingers at whomever happens to be most afoul of their ideology ....in this case, those who dare call themselves Christian. If this were a thread about Muslims not being able to bring their prayer rugs into a courthouse or wear a headdress in school they would be calling foul of the first and pointing at Christians as the culprits.
How many excuses did Christ make during His life that you're aware of?

Old 07-22-2011, 11:38 AM

11,446 posts, read 16,185,973 times
The problem is that christians, by their actions, contradict the teachings of Jesus. They only use the name Christ in vain.
They become indignant (furiously hostile) if this is pointed out to them.
Also, christians do not practice self-examination.

Old 07-22-2011, 11:52 AM

18,160 posts, read 15,628,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
How many excuses did Christ make during His life that you're aware of?
Huh? Is this supposed to have some higher intellect driving it? Whatever...I''ll bite. Christ making excuses? Rhetorical questions often lead nowhere....but the answer is he wasn't in that business..now was he? Nor am I making.excuses, in any way. It is views lime yours that need excuses( not true justification) for hurling invective on those you disagree with. When those whom the left disparages take a stand and fight.back...off.come the gloves and let the most vile of rhetoric be drawn. I have always and ever been private and quiet in my faith. The internet don't count for o viouz reasons. Not a *****es by though that some libby doesn't start in about Christians this and that...usually at work..and I bite my feelings back and go on. You see if I were to actually take the bait I would be guilty of prosthelatizing in the workplace and out the gate I would go. Why is it your precious liberal beliefs can be hurled at me whilst I am working...but if I so much as think about saying God Bless I am guilty of violating your rights? That's not an excuse tommy boy...thats a fact. And its hard to swallow. But stilll it is " crammed down my throat". The very thing you keep telli.g.me not to do to you.

Old 07-22-2011, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Huh? Is this supposed to have some higher intellect driving it?
I hope so... there must be a reason for you to call yourself a Christian? Do you not look up to Christ to see what He was about, and try to be like Him? So, how many excuses that He made can you count?

Old 07-22-2011, 12:06 PM

455 posts, read 633,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
The problem is that christians, by their actions, contradict the teachings of Jesus. They only use the name Christ in vain.
They become indignant (furiously hostile) if this is pointed out be schto them.
Also, christians do not practice self-examination.

They need to schooled by the Amish !

Old 07-22-2011, 12:09 PM

2,083 posts, read 1,620,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
I'm sure you feel that Muslims complaining about cartoons of Mohammed is unwarranted. Yet, you maintain similar feelings when it comes to Christianity being mocked. And you act on "revenge", that is if they play safe with Islam, they ought to do the same with Christianity. In other words, you take offense with Christianity being mocked. Do you not?
Complaining is fine, but calling for the cartoonist's death is another. Christians do not issue death threats against comedians who make jokes at their expense, otherwise Bill Maher would have been murdered years ago. The lone cartoonist who drew the cartoon of Mohammed was seriously threatened to the point where a Muslim extremist broke into his house.

My complaint is that other religions are not treated the same way. Take something like the art piece "**** Christ" and instead submerge a holy and revered Muslim, Jewish or Hindu symbol in urine. The artist would be branded as a bigot whereas doing it to a Christian symbol warrants a grant from the NEA.

I don't want any religion to be treated in this way; I'm simply bringing attention to the double-standard regarding how Christianity is open for ridicule while other religions are basically off limits.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies