Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2011, 12:32 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,818,277 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vejadu View Post
Complaining is fine, but calling for the cartoonist's death is another. Christians do not issue death threats against comedians who make jokes at their expense, otherwise Bill Maher would have been murdered years ago. The lone cartoonist who drew the cartoon of Mohammed was seriously threatened to the point where a Muslim extremist broke into his house.

My complaint is that other religions are not treated the same way. Take something like the art piece "**** Christ" and instead submerge a holy and revered Muslim, Jewish or Hindu symbol in urine. The artist would be branded as a bigot whereas doing it to a Christian symbol warrants a grant from the NEA.

I don't want any religion to be treated in this way; I'm simply bringing attention to the double-standard regarding how Christianity is open for ridicule while other religions are basically off limits.
Extremists go for extreme measure. Do you think every Muslim was calling for death of the cartoonist?

There is no "double standard". I saw plenty of the same liberals mocking the Islamic idiocy that mock idiocy exhibited by many Christians. You perspective might be severely limited besides the fact that being the majority religion, much less one trying to dictate political landscape, it is logical to see Christianity taking the most brunt of it from the backlash. Heck, it did from many of the leading founders who were quite vocal about it (and I quoted some of them yesterday).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2011, 01:55 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,628,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
I hope so... there must be a reason for you to call yourself a Christian? Do you not look up to Christ to see what He was about, and try to be like Him? So, how many excuses that He made can you count?
I do not now..nor have I ever tried to " be like Him". I would fail..miserably. Now this excuse crap is gettin old. I'm not "excusing" anything. That would imply I have done something I'm not wanting to admit to. I ain't. I am what I am and I am nothing like Christ. That said what the bloody frick is your point? You got some masterful point worthy of your screen name you wish to make then spit it out. Im sick to death of this faux depiction of rational intelligence libs like to use when they can't just up and say what they mean. Fact is...if I were to read the Bible in a workplace lunch room and muse aloud to myself about what I see, I could and probably would, be disciplined. You, on the other hand, could read aloud the Origin of. Species and espouse its merits while waving a flag that says God is Dead and be just fine. So how many excuses did Darwin make? Or.Einstein....?

Old 07-22-2011, 03:59 PM

1,372 posts, read 1,549,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdustmaker View Post
No. That's not what I meant.

You call that "offering something" , I call your posts #146 & #157 pure whining, delusional and closed-minded.

Could you be more juvenile with the "back at ya" crap?

Act like an adult and be specific about those exact folks/groups who aren't riding your train of belief - as opposed to condemning an entire religion... due to the fact that a certain faction of said religion doesn't "approve" and is quite vocal about it.

Shoot, if I took away what being "gay" is all about from attending a gay pride parade in NYC (in support of my best friend and his partner)....I'd rethink my support. But I know not all gays walk around sucking face/half-nekkid, humping inanimate objects, grabbing crotches, simulating sex with a beer bottle, trying to prove how "gay" they are....all the time. Or ever.
I like the way you accuse me of the very thing that you're doing -typical Christian hypocrisy. Classy.

Old 07-22-2011, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zekester View Post
I like the way you accuse me of the very thing that you're doing -typical Christian hypocrisy. Classy.
Hmmm ...hypocrisy. Yea, that's something that Christian hating liberals are never guilty of. Read my last two posts above. There's no shortage of hypocrisy here. Now...what, exactly, makes "Christian hypocrisy " so much worse than the brand lefty moon bat wackaloons smoke?

Old 07-22-2011, 04:22 PM

46,951 posts, read 25,990,037 times
I am still curious to learn who it was that "spent an exhorbatant (sic) amount of time and money" to wipe out "Merry Christmas".

Old 07-22-2011, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Hmmm ...hypocrisy. Yea, that's something that Christian hating liberals are never guilty of. Read my last two posts above. There's no shortage of hypocrisy here. Now...what, exactly, makes "Christian hypocrisy " so much worse than the brand lefty moon bat wackaloons smoke?
CD right wingers crack me up. Should anyone voice criticism of Christianity or Christians, or anything that they hold near and dear, they will almost certainly be branded a liberal. Is that all there is in your mind? People who think exactly like you do and liberals? There are no gradations in between? It must be nice to have everything worked out so perfectly -one would rarely have to think at all.

For the record I'm an Army veteran and political moderate who has voted both democrat and republican in the past. The real world that exists outside your head is much more complicated.

Old 07-22-2011, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
I am still curious to learn who it was that "spent an exhorbatant (sic) amount of time and money" to wipe out "Merry Christmas".
Yea....that would be me. We see it every year come.December that some left wing group or another files suit or starts a campaign ( in case you don't get it...that takes a bit of time and money) to see such terms banned, or changes to some genetic term. If you have something pertinent to add...I'm still here and standing solidly by everything I have said on here. Ain't changed my mind a bit. One specific group is called..I belive Citizens for Reason or some such thing. .

Old 07-22-2011, 04:47 PM

1,258 posts, read 2,311,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
It's disturbing how the mainstream media have practically declared war against a certain group of peaceful Americans. If they slandered Jews or Muslims in the same manner as they do Christians would that be acceptable? Why the double-standard?

Liberals Launch Christian Witch Trials

Huffington Post - Crazed Christians, Two Lifesized Looney Tunes

Media Bias Against Conservative Christians

The Media and Hollywood War Against Christianity

Is The Media Bias Against Christians?
Maybe because there's a backlash against the Christian Warriors trying to shove their views, beliefs, and ways, down the throats of the rest of us???

Maybe because, more so than usual, they are being exposed as the judgemental, biggoted, hypocritical louts they are???

Maybe because the majority of people are starting to accept that people are gay just because thats the way they were born and not because satan has possesed their soul and that they are sick, twister, perverted weirdos. Meanwhile, the Christians rachet up their vitriol against the same people that the rest of us have become more accepting of???

Old 07-22-2011, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zekester View Post
CD right wingers crack me up. Should anyone voice criticism of Christianity or Christians, or anything that they hold near and dear, they will almost certainly be branded a liberal. Is that all there is in your mind? People who think exactly like you do and liberals? There are no gradations in between? It must be nice to have everything worked out so perfectly -one would rarely have to think at all.

For the record I'm an Army veteran and political moderate who has voted both democrat and republican in the past. The real world that exists outside your head is much more complicated.
How you vote, time in service, where you claim to fall on the political barometer or whether you change your underwear daily matters a rat turf in a tornado. If you can lump all Christians into your convenient little niche I can lump all Christian hatred just as conveniently into mine. I see the real world daily and make my way just fine in it. Despite my distaste for many of the....creatures...populating it.

Old 07-22-2011, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
How you vote, time in service, where you claim to fall on the political barometer or whether you change your underwear daily matters a rat turf in a tornado. If you can lump all Christians into your convenient little niche I can lump all Christian hatred just as conveniently into mine. I see the real world daily and make my way just fine in it. Despite my distaste for many of the....creatures...populating it.
Yeah, don't bother admitting that you were wrong about the liberal thing (as your kind often is). And I have no doubt that you make your way in the world just fine; after all, ignorance is bliss. And nowhere did I lump all Christians together or profess hatred for them -that's your bag of tricks. What was it that you called me? A liberal moonbat wackaloon? If that's not hatred I don't know what is. Calm down and take your lithium.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies