Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2011, 03:10 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,628,399 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
You only reinforce my assertion that people are hating for singular reasons.

May I remind you of Pekka Eric Auvinen, a devout athiest, who murdered 8 and woulded 10 in Finland a few years back. Tit for tat.

For every one, I'll give you ten.

Atheist Atrocities - two or three . net (http://www.twoorthree.net/2006/11/atheist_atrocit.html - broken link)

Atheism has been the cause of more sorrow, human atrocity and death, then from all religions combined. Joseph Stalin comes to mind.
How can one be a 'devout' Atheist? You REALLY REALLY REALLY don't believe in gods?

Regardless, you have to understand the psychology behind totalitarian leaders using Atheism to rule over people. Many people have a need to worship. They also have a need to be 'sheep', if you will, and form groups with similar beliefs. It makes us feel closer and more social. Certain leaders used this simple psychology to replace a fear of 'gods' with themselves, therefore they revered their leader as a god and were more willing to do as they said.

This has little to do with Atheism and more to do with human psychology and power. They are not killing in the name of Atheism, they do it to remain powerful. On the other hand, there have been MANY, MANY wars and conflicts that arose because someone decided their god told them to destroy.

I guess what it comes down to is that people are crazy, and people do bad things to gain power at the expense of others, religious or not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2011, 03:19 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,818,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
The Norway bomber has been identified by the local Keystone Cops as a "Christian fundamentalist" (still unconfirmed at this time) which the mainstream media dutifully inserted into the headlines of their pro-Islam/anti-Christian narrative...
It is why people flock to lamestream media like Fox News, to get a whole other perspective... the real story, fair and balanced!!

Old 07-25-2011, 04:05 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,511,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
It is why people flock to lamestream media like Fox News, to get a whole other perspective... the real story, fair and balanced!!
How about listening to BOTH sides before jumping to conclusions?

Old 07-25-2011, 04:33 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,207,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Fer shur, one cannot get a "balanced" perspective from MSNBC or CNN.

Old 07-25-2011, 04:44 PM

3,045 posts, read 3,193,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
It's disturbing how the mainstream media have practically declared war against a certain group of peaceful Americans. If they slandered Jews or Muslims in the same manner as they do Christians would that be acceptable? Why the double-standard?
Want some cheese with your whine? You have Christian wording on the currency and the last time I checked, the Supreme Court wasn't exactly brimming with non Christian members. Given that your donations to your church are tax deductions, I don't see how things are that tough for you. Don't you have anything better to do than whine about everything?

Old 07-25-2011, 04:52 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,295,500 times
Yeah, this Christian persecution is definitely getting out of hand. As a church-going Christian, I had to make my way through all the anti-Christian protestors outside of my house to go to church yesterday. I went to a Chinese buffet afterwards and they charged me twice the going rate just because I brought my Sunday church news letter to read while eating. My wife was run out of her book club because she suggested they read Milton for this month's book selection, but the non-Christian members of her group banded together and forced everyone to read Rumi instead. Just this morning, I was passed over for promotion by a homosexual athiest who wants to declare only civil unions between gays the only legally binding social contract in America. And the taxi drive who drove me home kept refering to me as Iman-killer under his breath. Oh, yeah, then I WOKE UP...

Old 07-25-2011, 06:51 PM

785 posts, read 619,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
POST #271 I asked "what victim?"

Your response was "I thought it was fairly obvious, but I can explain. The victim of Christianphobia."

You gave NO specific example, only a meaningless generality. Perhaps the thin air up on that high horse is clouding your thought process?
If you had bothered to read the post I was responding to, you would have been able to put two and two together. You are completely wrong, just go back and read the course of posts and maybe you'll get that. Until then, to be honest, you really aren't even worth responding to. Do your own homework and comprehend the post before commenting. Thanks

Old 07-25-2011, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noexcuseforignorance View Post
Want some cheese with your whine? You have Christian wording on the currency and the last time I checked, the Supreme Court wasn't exactly brimming with non Christian members. Given that your donations to your church are tax deductions, I don't see how things are that tough for you. Don't you have anything better to do than whine about everything?
So what you are saying is that all forms of anti-xtian bigotry is justified because of the currency and because there are many xtians on the supreme court? Please affirm that before we move, its an important point.

Old 07-25-2011, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
It's been about a year since we've had a feel sorry for me, I'm the majority religion in the US.

If people are finally pushing back, it's well about time. In fact, it's past time.
How's it feel to get a bit of your own medicine? Hmmmm?
Do you realize you just justified bigotry against all Christians for the actions of not all Christians?

Do you realize you just outed yourself as a bigot?

Old 07-25-2011, 06:57 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,185,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
Fer shur, one cannot get a "balanced" perspective from MSNBC or CNN.
Yeah, it's better to get news straight from the islamophobes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies