Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2013, 10:01 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,161,091 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
I have read the bible and it is just that...a story. BTW...how many times has the "End of Times" been moved up to fit the daily Evangelical rhetoric.

If the world ends, it is totally due to the disprespect and irreponsibility of the humans that should have been the stewards of the planet. Making the Earth uninhabitable due to ecological ignorance, greed and war is man made destruction and not due to a judgement day and a Rapture.
1948 beginning of the last days.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2013, 10:35 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
1948 beginning of the last days.
Pinpointing the start for a self-serving agenda, but not being able to pinpoint the end is a bit questionable and left a big margin of error for those that interpret the Bible. No one ever said that they were not clever.

Old 04-03-2013, 10:41 AM

7,300 posts, read 6,733,220 times
Quote:
Do you stand and let one destroy themselves ? If someone was driving 100 miles an hour would you tell them to slow down or would you just love them that much that you would over look it? Jesus came to reconcile people back to God. God created you and I . We are all created by God. Would you stand by and let someone destroy their lives. God says to surrender and become as a little child and receive him. We are to love as a good father loves their children with strength and tempered with responsibilities.. God knows all . He knows the number of hairs on our head. Do you want satan to lead God's creation around by the nose and destroy them? Love is just a word and sometimes a shallow meaning, but the true love is not self seeking. To feed themselves with wanting to be accepted by the world.Jesus was crucified for preaching the truth. Did he not overturn the tables of the money changers and call them thiefs? Jesus was a man who talked in parables about the servant who hid his money in the ground instead of increasing it. So it is with the gospel. Those who have hard hearts will reject God those who want to follow Jesus will follow him. It is a simple message.

That power you speak of is the power of conviction.You call it punishing people. Do you not know the power of conviction is for edification? It is a process within the heart that is spoken of in the bible. Do you not know the power to edify through the Holy Spirit of God's word. God's word is spirit and it is truth.Jesus preached on sin. His deciples preached on sin . Man without god will be destroyed by satan. Did you not know that satan goes around as a roaring lion to devour the sinner. As God said, my people perish for lack of knowledge.

Hebrews 4;12
New International Version (NIV)
12 For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.

The word of God is direct to the point. And you think I am harsh. The bible
John 3:18
New International Version (©2011)
In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error.
New Living Translation (©2007)
And the men, instead of having normal sexual relations with women, burned with lust for each other. Men did shameful things with other men, and as a result of this sin, they suffered within themselves the penalty they deserved.
What you're failing to understand, is that others have conviction as well, exactly like yours, of their own way, yet you are imposing your will on them, wanting to force them to accept YOUR way, YOUR belief, simply because it's YOUR belief.

While I understand that you believe your beliefs are truth, so do others, yet they're not shoving their ideas on others, nor believing that they have to be on a mission to control others. Why do YOU feel it is your right? You have no right.

Old 04-03-2013, 10:47 AM

7,605 posts, read 4,845,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
So do you oppose the right to religious freedom in this country?

There is one sin above all others in Christianity: denial of Christ. Of this, all major Christian denominations would agree. Can't have your sins absolved if you don't believe in him...yet Christians fight for the right of religious freedom in America.

Why can your type handle the cardinal sin being legal in America (freedom to have any religion or no religion at all), yet spend so much time fiddling about with the minor sins?

I have yet to get a response to this question from ANY Christian.
I'm not totally clear what your question is. As a Christian, I'm perfectly fine with religious freedom in this country. I don't require or expect others to follow my religious beliefs. I'm against all forms religious coercion.

As to who is "forgiven" and who is not; I will leave that up to God.

Old 04-03-2013, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Read the scripture that says come out of the world and touch not the unclean thing and I will receive you. Be ye holy as I am holy. Should grace about that God abound , God forbid.

By the way. I don't punish people. I just say what Jesus himself said. He also said the poor you will always have with you.Blessed are the ones who hunger and thirst after righteousness , for they will be filled.

The word tolerance is not biblical. Grace is the word. Grace if used for the born again Christian as they learn to walk in the word. Those in the world have a choice to accept or reject Jesus Christ. God does not say we are to tolerate sin. Where in the bible does it say we are to tolerate the sin of the world? Should grace abound that sin abound.GOD FORBID! We are to love the sinner and hate the sin.

I have been around homosexuals and love them as anyone else.They are God's creation. And homosexuals can defeat sin of lust. They can come out of the lifestyle if they walk in the power of Jesus Christ. Jesus said, I have overcome the world. Those that overcome sin are the ones that are his children. Jesus died for the remission of sin not to tolerate sin. Your message of love is to no effect. The Holy Spirit is powerful and the power of the Holy Spirit cleanses all sin.

Do you know if one supports gay marriage they support sin?
So you say, but you are attempting put your words and beliefs into Christ's mouth.

Old 04-03-2013, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
You do punish people. You don't just say what Jesus said. You condemn, over and over and over. Jesus was about love and understanding, and that means tolerance. I believe everyone has grace. If I take a moment to try to understand another person, I will see the grace and innate dignity of that person. I am not perfect. I don't always take the time I should, and my ability to understand others is limited by my perspective, the framework through which I view the world. I don't think homosexuality is a sin. My "spirit being" doesn't read the Bible the same way that your "spirit being" reads the Bible. The difference between us, I understand that we won't all interpret the Bible the same way, and I can live with that. I accept that you have your own perspective. And no laws will ever take away your perspective. You get to live your life according to your viewpoint. But I don't think it's fair that you try to compel others to live their lives according to your viewpoint.
I agree.

Old 04-03-2013, 12:04 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,988,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
I'm not totally clear what your question is. As a Christian, I'm perfectly fine with religious freedom in this country. I don't require or expect others to follow my religious beliefs. I'm against all forms religious coercion.

I have to rep you for that! People should focus on their OWN morality, and their OWN relationship (or not) with GOD!

Old 04-03-2013, 12:21 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,402,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post

I don't know how to make it any clearer:

Are you the kind of Christian who says, "I cannot support legalization of XYZ because my religion forbids it?"

or are you the kind who says, "My religion forbids me from XYZ, but I support it being legal because people are free to make the choice?"

If you are #2, the question isn't really directed to you. If you are #1, then I am simply wondering how you can pick and choose which vices, sins, etc. you will vote to keep legal (or illegal).... while most certainly supporting the legalization of (and even worse, the NOTION!) of freedom of religion?

The Bible does NOT support Freedom of Religion. IN fact, it is the greatest of sins to not be "of the religion".... yet many people who fervently believe in the 1st Amendment will often be the same ones who are seeking to outlaw this or that based on what is a "moral imperative."

If moral imperative were the true motivation, then they would be agitating for the repeal of the 1st Amendment and the establishment of a state religion.

Old 04-03-2013, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
What you're failing to understand, is that others have conviction as well, exactly like yours, of their own way, yet you are imposing your will on them, wanting to force them to accept YOUR way, YOUR belief, simply because it's YOUR belief.

While I understand that you believe your beliefs are truth, so do others, yet they're not shoving their ideas on others, nor believing that they have to be on a mission to control others. Why do YOU feel it is your right? You have no right.
The gay agenda is shoving their belief that same sex people can have a marriage. Next marry your daughter because I love her. When will it end .

Nambla-North American Man Boy Love Association will be at the doors waiting for their acceptance by the masses as they clean it up and put it under the guise of Love..which the gays have done and continue to work at their agenda.. they use race, equal rights, to push the homosexual act as acceptable. It is unnatural.

Soon there will be gay couples in schools and same sex friends will become lovers because it is now acceptable and an option. Nice birth control method by the secular world who also support abortion.

They will then work on the acceptablity of the old age people will be the next to halt the use of drugs to anyone over a certain age. That will be the next push... we will all get old but we will not have the option of getting older as the liberal agenda will have power to withhold care. Anything can be rationalized..the left work on that daily.

Hitler did just that with his human experiments on people. It is amazing what people will accept as they are brainwashed to think a certain way.

Old 04-03-2013, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
So do you oppose the right to religious freedom in this country?

There is one sin above all others in Christianity: denial of Christ. Of this, all major Christian denominations would agree. Can't have your sins absolved if you don't believe in him...yet Christians fight for the right of religious freedom in America.

Why can your type handle the cardinal sin being legal in America (freedom to have any religion or no religion at all), yet spend so much time fiddling about with the minor sins?

I have yet to get a response to this question from ANY Christian.
The denial of Christ is not the sin . Everyone sins. Without Christ every sinner is in the state of condemnation. Christ did not come to condemn .Their sins condemned them. Christ came to save not to condemn. One must repent of their sin and follow Christ. Then they are walking without condemnation.

If one can support homosexuality another one can oppose it.That is freedom.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies