Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2011, 03:46 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,049,136 times

Advertisements

We gave up our freedoms for security.

Millions of American citizens stand in line every day either being x-rayed or being felt up by TSA agents for the mere pleasure of flying.

I know that this is a subject which has been discussed to death, but it shows how willing we are as a people to feel safe.

The Constitution no longer matters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2011, 03:49 PM

2,200 posts, read 4,422,202 times
That is extremely short-sighted and completely ignores that attitudes that Americans have towards EVERYTHING... not the least including not minding that millions of jobs were sent overseas just so someone can buy a cheap plastic toy at Walmart for $0.39, among other things.

Old 07-21-2011, 03:51 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,280,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post

Millions of American citizens stand in line every day either being x-rayed or being felt up by TSA agents for the mere pleasure of flying.

I know that this is a subject which has been discussed to death, but it shows how willing we are as a people to feel safe.

Hey there buddy, there are evil doers trying to blow up the planes.
I think next we all fly in robes and slippers.

Old 07-21-2011, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by psulions2007 View Post
That is extremely short-sighted and completely ignores that attitudes that Americans have towards EVERYTHING... not the least including not minding that millions of jobs were sent overseas just so someone can buy a cheap plastic toy at Walmart for $0.39, among other things.
Our unions have closed down almost any private sector business they touched, so I think that had a hand in it as well.

Old 07-21-2011, 03:54 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,049,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
Hey there buddy, there are evil doers trying to blow up the planes.
I think next we all fly in robes and slippers.
Or nude.

With the physical condition of most Americans, that alone would deter many from flying.

Old 07-21-2011, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Or nude.

With the physical condition of most Americans, that alone would deter many from flying.
Yes, NUDE under the airline robes and slippers. I kind of thought it would have to come to that a couple years after 9/11.
We also need to guard our water supplies, our electric, nuke power plants and report any strange things to the authorities.

We are at war with people who want us all dead, unless you convert to Islam and start marrying children and beating women of course.

Old 07-21-2011, 03:57 PM

7,923 posts, read 8,845,775 times
Quote:

Why should security now be a problem...... we have had 'Bouncers" at nightclubs patting us down for years with no problem. I would much rather be patted down than blown up..... being blown to pieces is also giving up your freedom and your life.
Every time a measure is put into place for our best interest.... we can't keep using this "erosion of freedom B/S.

Old 07-21-2011, 04:01 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,487,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
Our unions have closed down almost any private sector business they touched, so I think that had a hand in it as well.
Your Unions didn't lobby for Free Trade with third world nations that had cheaper labour pools and the smarts to insist that if they opened their markets to U.S. some jobs should come with that.

Companies that outright failed to compete can blame one thing and one thing only "bad management".

There are many ways to de-certify a workplace and I'll wager they're all cheaper than running a business into the ground.

Having said all of that; your biggest Union has yet to be brought to task; that's right your government is nothing more than a Union run amock!

Now just why do you suppose you all continue villifying "unions" while leaving that one to rape and pillage?

Old 07-21-2011, 04:41 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,300,771 times
Quote:

You don't want to be searched then don't fly commoercial.

It's not the complicated.

If you fly on a commericial airliner with other people the federal government regulates commerical airlines and their safety.

What's the first damn thing people do when a terrorist attack happens on a commericial jet? B*tch about security!

Old 07-21-2011, 05:02 PM

18,358 posts, read 26,493,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
You don't want to be searched then don't fly commoercial.

It's not the complicated.

If you fly on a commericial airliner with other people the federal government regulates commerical airlines and their safety.

What's the first damn thing people do when a terrorist attack happens on a commericial jet? B*tch about security!
Let people defend themselves. The second amendment would solve the problem, freedom works.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies